Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 09:17 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,217,629 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking to leave NYC and Florida is a place that appeals to me (for weather and the politics). Miami has too many New Yorkers. Tampa-St Pete seem nice, but I am interested in a smaller town and a quieter life, and SW FL seems to be more quiet than that growing metro area.

Looking at prices and size of population, I came across Charleston Park. I don't have kids so schools are not a huge issue. My questions about it how is it in general? I don't care if it is a bit too quiet or boring as I've had enough excitement and stimulation living in NYC.

Looking for a quiet place that's not too far from the beach and somewhat reasonably priced. Is Charleston Park the town of my dreams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 01:51 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Charleston park is not a town in Fort Myers or Cape Coral.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Charleston park is not a town in Fort Myers or Cape Coral.
I thought it was in Lee County? Some consider it as part of the Ft Meyers- Cape Coral metro statistical area.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I thought it was in Lee County? Some consider it as part of the Ft Meyers- Cape Coral metro statistical area.
Charleston Park is not a town in Lee County Florida. I don’t know where you’re seeing that it is, but it is not.

Where is this Charleston Park supposed to be in Lee County?

Fort MYERS, not Meyers.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
Based on a simple Google Maps search, Charleston Park is a tiny, 5-street neighborhood outside Alva, almost in LaBelle. It is pretty far from the beach and would be my last recommendation on that front, and I doubt much is for sale there (it literally has 5 streets). FL-80 is the major road Charleston Park is off of while most amenities would be to the west in LaBelle. If you are dead set on the smaller community or price issues keep you out of more beach accessible areas of Lee County, just go a little further west to LaBelle.

I would not recommend moving to Charleston Park as even if you are looking for quiet, it is about as opposite of NYC as you can get.

The forum knows nothing of your budget, which makes a huge difference for what can be recommended. If you are serious about getting out of NYC and want a smaller atmosphere, check North Fort Myers. I'd also throw Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte in Charlotte County into the mix. Might be cheaper than most of the closer-to-beach access areas of Lee County and the Charlotte County beaches at Manasota Key and Boca Grande (which is really in Lee County but only accessible via Charlotte County roads) are still nearby.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:08 PM

So it’s a community in BFE? Defiantly not a town then..

Alva is a rural/agriculture area… Labelle even more so. If you like country living, wildlife, farm animals and a decent drive to anything other than Wal Mart, it’s the place for you.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:50 AM

64 posts, read 53,411 times
Sometimes the opposite of NYC can be a very good thing some would say.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeirksDentley View Post
Lol, yes they would. And the Alva/Labelle area would definitely fit that bill.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeirksDentley View Post

Exactly, that makes it MORE appealing to me. Want to say bye bye to NYC and anything that resembles it.

Florida is nice but TOO MANY people from the NorthEast and NYC are moving there, particularly to So. Florida. This is why I'm looking at places like Charleston Park that might not attract a lot of people from that area because I'm trying to get AWAY from those types of people!

Old 05-20-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post

Exactly, that makes it MORE appealing to me. Want to say bye bye to NYC and anything that resembles it.

Florida is nice but TOO MANY people from the NorthEast and NYC are moving there, particularly to So. Florida. This is why I'm looking at places like Charleston Park that might not attract a lot of people from that area because I'm trying to get AWAY from those types of people!
Just so you understand… Charleston Park is not a town or a city or even a community… It’s more like a neighborhood.. a very small neighborhood. Have you looked at an on Google maps??

You seem dead set on finding a place in this neighborhood… Do they even have any homes for sale? You should really come and spend a couple of weeks driving around the area and getting a feel for the area before committing.

You are absolutely correct on one point though, Southwest Florida is being totally overrun by people from the northeast. The biggest issue is, they ***** and complain about how everything up north is so much better and how Florida should do it their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area