Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 11:40 AM

222 posts, read 222,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
A Colorado forum poster says FL car tags are #3rd most popular out-of-state tags after CA, & TX.

Some they are seeing could be rental cars though, & its just 1 person's obervations.

I'm seeing more of a flow of Colorado residents visiting and moving here. I have 1 2 doors down, and know of another a few street over. They both moved full time from CO to FLA ~2 years ago.

I'm looking to escape FLA's hear in August and looking at CO as a possibility. My CO people here suggest Steamboat Springs or Estes Park for the month of August

Definitely seeing an increasing number of Iowa, Colorado and even some Utah plates recently in Cape Coral.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:06 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
I have to admit, I am amused by just how abrasive the debate on climate can get for people. The reality is, some people prefer some weather, and others prefer other weather, for any number of varying reasons. But, the weather is static (well, I know, climate change), but largely, it is. I too, hope to eventually live again somewhere with a four-season climate (not Colorado, as honestly, I found it a little too dry for my tastes, and ISOLATED, even in the eastern portion of the state (can't emphasize this enough, that this I would weigh heavily), not to mention being out of my budget mostly). That said, I'm not gonna sit here and harp on it endlessly or belittle those who do live in and like Florida or hot weather lol. That's just what they like. To each their own : ) For now, I'll work hard and make the best of my current existence in discovering and exploring where I live now, and hope that the right opportunity and reason to relocate does arise.

Old 12-10-2021, 02:35 PM

29 posts, read 33,675 times
Colorado finally got their first snow I saw on the news. I prefer no-snow Florida

Old 09-08-2023, 10:48 PM

5 posts, read 9,932 times
Forget about people moving to Colorado and the mountains, there is a massive, growing exodus of people into Canada! On the whole, the entire United States of America has become a violent, unsafe, and completely unaffordable country to live in. Housing has gotten expensive to where minimum wage won't cover rent anywhere in the entire country anymore, all 50 states of it. Motorcycle gangs are spreading violence far and wide throughout the nation. American law enforcement has become corrupt. Republicans and Democrats = Two wings of the same bird, voting changes nothing anymore as the nation is under a bureaucracy. There is no national healthcare coverage in the USA, and hospital bills are the number 1 cause of bankruptcy. There's people even moving from Florida straight to Canada. Others are moving from Florida to Colorado to Washington State and then to Canada. And it's only getting worse as the entire United States of America gentrifies itself, replacing small residential units with enormous multi million dollar mansions, like what you see in Beverly Hills, California. And Fort Myers/Cape Coral is just one of the hundreds of cities and metro areas under national gentrification. There's people retiring to Latin countries because the United States as a country has become an unaffordable place to live. Also, it now is illegal under Federal law to make friends in the United States of America, so people are also leaving the country for that reason.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:08 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
What's attractive about Colorado is that a flight to Denver is the furthest west you can go on a non-stop flight out of SRQ, if you like to see some mountains once in a while.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:27 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewart View Post
Forget about people moving to Colorado and the mountains, there is a massive, growing exodus of people into Canada! On the whole, the entire United States of America has become a violent, unsafe, and completely unaffordable country to live in.
Yes, crime is up but the US and yes, it's safer in most parts of Canada but violent crime in the US was far, far, far less safe 30 years ago than it is today. The only difference today is that you don't have Russian and Chinese bots promoting it on social media 24/7

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

Quote:
Housing has gotten expensive to where minimum wage won't cover rent anywhere in the entire country anymore, all 50 states of it.
The housing situation in Canada is worse than it is in the US and they've already implemented restrictions on foreign buyers.
https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...bc-2023-09-10/

I'll also add that Canada doesn't have a national healthcare system. It has a series of provincial healthcare systems. Some are much better than others.

The politics in Canada aren't much better than the US. Trudeau only serves as PM because of their parliamentary system. He got less than 33% of the total vote and most people were actively voting against him. He's PM because his party was able to form a coalition to get to 50% +1.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:36 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterescapee View Post
Hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking can easily be found right here in Florida, especially in the Florida Keys. Bicycling is widespread here in Southwest Florida, there's lots of bicycle friendly routes as long as you stay either on the sidewalk or on the shoulder (and don't be acting like it's an FBI/Homeland Security enforced capital felony to ride on the sidewalk in the United States, like doing so is 100 years to life and/or the death penalty!).

There is also water skiing in Southwest Florida. Snow skiing like in Colorado can be very dangerous, especially with lethal obstacles like cliffs, boulders, avalanches, and trees that can kill a skier or at minimum will leave him/her paralyzed and crippled.

Also, in Colorado, the warmest areas only have maybe 1 or 2 months a year for a bicycling season. It is foolish and suicidal to ride a bicycle when it is 40 or colder.
I know it’s a zombie thread resurrected and all but tell me you’ve never been in Colorado without saying you’ve never been in Colorado. Front range is bikeable for probably 8-9 months a year and their bike path and bike trail network blows anything Florida has out of the water.

Plenty of fishing and water sports in Colorado- you’d be surprised at how many lakes and large ponds there are in metro Denver including some nice state park options.

Florida has ‘hiking’, but it’s typically wandering through a generic pine forest for ten miles; with Colorado, and rando national forest trail can end up being soemthing truly special.

As far as weather goes, Denver has more sunny days than Pensacola and is often warmer than Pensacola in December and January. (The big snows on the Front Range typically happen in March in between 55F spring-like days.)

Old 09-12-2023, 01:45 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I know it’s a zombie thread resurrected and all but tell me you’ve never been in Colorado without saying you’ve never been in Colorado. Front range is bikeable for probably 8-9 months a year and their bike path and bike trail network blows anything Florida has out of the water.

Plenty of fishing and water sports in Colorado- you’d be surprised at how many lakes and large ponds there are in metro Denver including some nice state park options.

Florida has ‘hiking’, but it’s typically wandering through a generic pine forest for ten miles; with Colorado, and rando national forest trail can end up being soemthing truly special.

As far as weather goes, Denver has more sunny days than Pensacola and is often warmer than Pensacola in December and January. (The big snows on the Front Range typically happen in March in between 55F spring-like days.)
I'm a native Floridian who no longer lives there, and occasionally I think about the beaches, which are quite lovely. However IMO, CO is breathtaking and majestic. I LOVE Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park and those areas. Nothing like it.

Old 09-13-2023, 06:09 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I've heard some move there for the legal weed.
Not that I consider that a good reason to move.
Kids will find cheap flights (less than $100 type flights) to go to Denver and hangout/buy weed. I know a couple of kids that have done that on a whim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area