Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 02:11 PM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times

Advertisements

fireworks
Acrylic paint with Rustoleum painted frame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 02:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
fireworks
Acrylic paint with Rustoleum painted frame.

Oh...I like that a lot!

Old 01-27-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Oh...I like that a lot!
Made a mistake, that's not the black painted frame, but just a normal frame.

Thanks a lot. I have recently added a few pieces to my website

Old 02-02-2021, 03:19 PM

726 posts, read 329,010 times
I did a lot of bamboo watercolors when I was living outside Tokyo. I had a wall covered with them. Daughter said she might have been living with a crazy person, LOL. Much later, I sold a couple at a local street fair when I was back in the U.S. This one didn't sell....

Old 08-20-2021, 12:27 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,189 times
One of my paintings I wish I hadn’t sold. They’re like my babies. I haven’t been able to paint for a while, but I hope I can do so soon.

I went to an amazing art school called Parsons for one year (couldn’t afford to continue), and it was basically art history, philosophy and live figure sketching (loved that) so I’m self taught - and not very well at that.

I paint from life, use (free to use - I’m militant about it - I don’t steal from others) reference photos, my own photos (but I’m a lousy photographer) and just make stuff up out of my head - those often end up being my best ones.

I’ve lost my hunger to create - I never thought it could happen. I’m trying to overcome it, a lot has happened but I need some way to make income. Funny. I know.

Anyway, this little silver grey kitten is Achilles. I miss him. I’m so pitiful. I felt bad getting money for my paintings, I felt like I was stealing, but people bought my work happily - it still ended up costing more to create, frame, ship and sell - than not. I hate the selling part of it. Nearly everything I’ve done has sold, so I must’ve been doing something right.

I’ll post another piece if this one shows up correctly. I didn’t know this forum was here! I love seeing everyone’s amazing artwork! I with this thread was more active, so I decided to add a new post hoping to wake it up.

My great grand dad. He was a bit of a tippler, and his wife sent him out for butter on this particular day, but he “somehow” found himself at the local pub, came home tipsy, bringing a little white kitten home in his pocket instead of butter. The painting is unfinished, but it seemed to tell me to stop - I no longer have photoshop, so the color is off… the blacks are richer, the edges crisper and it’s not so green. But this is the only image I have for now. No one knows how he got the kitten. He sure looks proud of himself.

Last edited by paperwing; 08-20-2021 at 01:28 AM..

Old 09-25-2021, 11:29 AM

https://opensea.io/Shhon

Photos and doddle art, plus a couple of NFTs others did.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:38 AM

https://opensea.io/collection/shhon-s-gifs
recently started creating gifs with my art, some art I didnt like but when turned into a gif, i liked. so they are up on opensea now as NFTs

if anyone wants help setting up an ethereum wallet or minting NFTs in general, i can help maybe
https://opensea.io/collection/shhon-s-art

Old 05-03-2022, 10:50 AM

6 posts, read 4,208 times
Artist's Corner: share your work!-morninglight.nh.jpg

Recent landscape in oils.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:56 AM

6 posts, read 4,208 times
Default Click to see bigger image...

Acrylic painting
Attached Thumbnails
Artist's Corner: share your work!-inthemarsh.wip.jpg  

Old 07-27-2022, 01:37 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
Babsd, lovely! Both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts