Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hi
I've been lucky enough to have picasa web albums as a test I think, so I've uploaded some of my paintings there, one or two might be fuzzy I'm not a photographer!!!
the address is: http://picasaweb.google.com/cahpsuth (broken link)

I hope you like them.
you do very nice work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 04:30 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
Hi
I've been lucky enough to have picasa web albums as a test I think, so I've uploaded some of my paintings there, one or two might be fuzzy I'm not a photographer!!!
the address is: http://picasaweb.google.com/cahpsuth (broken link)

I hope you like them.
like them? Freakin' love 'em! Please mail me immediately all the work under Pics 2 and Pics 3!!! Those are beautiful, right up my alley...bright, bold, modern, colorful... that is fantastic work!

Old 10-23-2006, 04:44 PM

169 posts, read 678,857 times
Beautiful work cahpsuth! You're very talented

Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 PM

148 posts, read 419,255 times
Thanks everyone, your very kind, I didn't try to paint until 1995 and that only lasted for a year until I discovered the mountain bike, had chronic back pain last year and got the brushes out again.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:27 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, your very kind, I didn't try to paint until 1995 and that only lasted for a year until I discovered the mountain bike, had chronic back pain last year and got the brushes out again.
may be a blessing in disguise,its very good work,you should keep it up!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,890,714 times
Cahpsuth -

Beautiful pics! Stunning colors! Thank you for sharing your portfolio. I love the pic of the house surrounded by colorful trees & so much green! Does anyone remember the old "Night Gallery" episode (yes, I'm 112-yrs old now!) with the man who kept repeating "let me into the picture" & poof, he was in the picture? Well, if I could get into a picture, that one would be it! Wonderful talent, I must say! I'd like one of each, please! Mark & I will outbid each other on some of your work, because we probably love the same ones!

I was invited to Gloucester, MA, during the summer, to an artist's studio, which was in his home. Breathtaking home/studio. Especially endearing were the houseful of kittens climbing all over, chasing dragonflies in the window & trying to get outside to the squirrels/birds seen thru the glass. They never did step in paint once, although it was everywhere! (Sorry, animal lover, so I notice these things!)

All his pics are of local scenery, boats on water, etc. He's 60-ish now. He said he first began painting at age 45, after his divorce. Somehow he found solace in it, it made him fulfilled & earned him alot of money (although the latter wasn't his reason for painting). But, the advantage to being able to make a living at it is, he paints about 4 paintings/wk, makes his own hours & is truly happy. Prior to that, he was a life-long fisherman, doing hard work for long hours, which he loved, but it was hard. We visited other local artists' studios that day (I was oh, so lucky to be spirited along on this unofficial, travelling tour) & each one of them had a similar type of story - began painting after a back injury, began painting when the first wife/husband left, began painting when the house burned down & everything was lost. I suppose my points are these - amazing amount of talent right in our own backyards & how beautiful that these folks could transform their "pain" into something of great beauty/value. And, I don't necessarily mean monetary value.

Very impressive work so many of you have displayed here! I am in awe, truly! Now, since I'm in the middle of home renovations, I really do need to paint this evening, but it's only woodwork! Fun, fun, fun...

Thank you for sharing, everyone & beautiful work again Cahpsuth/everyone! (Note: I've still got your house pic open in another window, hours later!)

Mark, by the way, would you list your sister's website so we can check out her work? I believe you PM'd it to someone, but I think many here would love to check it out!

Thank you... Baltic_Celt

Old 10-24-2006, 05:57 PM

Baltic_Celt. Thank you. the little cottage painting took hours to paint but that's where I would love to stay, it's from my imagination not from anywhere I've seen

Old 11-11-2006, 02:57 PM

Sorry folks to bring this thread up again someone in work posted the original (url) on a notice board in work causing me problems, so I've changed it to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cahpsuth2

Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM

218 posts, read 708,430 times
ART:BEAUTIFUL PIECES FOLKS,,, HERE'S MINE

Went to the movies
I swear they took that scene from my life
It stopped my breath-flow
I know they must be watchin' like the Truman Show
-Believe in me, help me to have that happy end...
-Hold close to me, I feel so all alone.

It was particular
It's like the gods are forcing me to listen in
Not gonna rest now
'til I see those binding chains become more like ink inside my pen.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:37 AM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts