Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbay View Post
i don't get why people think their credit is a look at who the person is, it just sucks the USA works this way

Because it is a VERY real look at how you will handle your personal responsibilities in life.

If you had to be evicted once, who is to say you wouldn't again?

If I have a person with good credit, and a person with bad credit applying to rent a unit you owned. Which one would you pick?

Maybe in a bad economy it might work out for the person with bad credit, but with more tenants than rentals, the landlord can make the call, and it is a pretty simple one.
Until the employer shuts down and there is ZERO opportunities. Especially if one is over 40-45 years of age.

Sometimes life can destroy your chance to fulfill responsibilities, even a divorce can cripple one financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 03:49 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomostad View Post
Such a warm, HUMAN way to conduct ones self! That computer generated CREDIT REPORT should be the standard bearer of how we treat human beings, forevermore! I can't imagine how the world managed to rotate prior to the 1990s! Stay classy!
Its called doing business. BTW, if it makes you feel any better, we were turned down for a mortgage last year, because our credit was less than pristine.

I'm not running a charity or homeless shelter, I'm renting for profit----hopefully. Actually, we just break even, but hope to sell the rental property when the lease is up. Current occupant has first dibs, then, we sell to whoever has the cash!

I'm afraid whining only takes you so far in this world, then, its put up or shut up!

Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomostad View Post
Such a warm, HUMAN way to conduct ones self! That computer generated CREDIT REPORT should be the standard bearer of how we treat human beings, forevermore! I can't imagine how the world managed to rotate prior to the 1990s! Stay classy!

Well said!

Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Until the employer shuts down and there is ZERO opportunities. Especially if one is over 40-45 years of age.

Sometimes life can destroy your chance to fulfill responsibilities, even a divorce can cripple one financially.

I agree, we have lived such, its why you protect your ability to meet such responsibilities, or don't take on unreasonable responsibilities in the first place.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:54 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
Sometimes another person screws up your credit. Always check your credit and take of things that show up and you do not know about it. Report fraud if need be.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
This is why I teach my kids their credit is their most important asset. What you do today might come back to haunt you 3-4 years later. I own rental property, I only rent to the most credit-worthy. Why should I do anything else? a hard luck story won't take you very far......

I do feel for you.....you might try looking at a rooming house, or a place that doesn't do credit checks, maybe look on Craig's List, etc.....Good Luck...
Ummmm.....look, that's how I started off life in the Big Girls lane. Although I had excellent credit, I had no rental history. I had a good job, education, assets, but no rental history . I simply couldn't get one of the "nice" apt places to even consider me. So, I moved in with a friend, and split the payments, etc. Later, as time went on, my credit became more diverse, and I was able to obtain a nice place on my own with no co-signers.

Its just the way life is....I didn't make the rules, but, like everyone else, I have to abide by them.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,307 times
I am a single mother and I am moving from Pennsylvania to the Fargo. I am looking for a nice single family home I've no eviction but my credit score is low. I am looking for a 2-3 bedrooms house or apartment where should I look for place to rent.July 1 is when I am lookin to move

Old 06-13-2015, 01:37 AM

25 posts, read 55,251 times
Basically anywhere in Fargo Zahna. Small midwest town with minimal crime if that was your concern. North Fargo is the older part of town and south is where it's growing. If newer is what your looking for then keep an eye out for the addresses that say south and higher the avenue # the newer the city gets, but the rent also goes up as well.

There are plenty apartment complexes in Fargo as you will notice when you get here, and you should have no problem getting what you are looking for even with your credit, also will depend on what you are willing to pay. Call around and good luck!

Old 08-25-2016, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,651 times
Hello, my is arlene i'm a single mother of 3 teen age boys looking for a place to rent. I've being in yakima washington for a year . I'm from c.a. I wanting to start fresh. But i'm having trouble finding a place to rent because of my bad credit. When i lived in c.a i cosighned for my older son .he broke the lease i tried to save it but .i couldn't. And the bad credit fell on me..now i need help asap to get in a place. . I work full time caregiver at chandler house in yakima. Please help me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: