Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:52 AM

1,279 posts, read 851,993 times

Advertisements

Who is the most annoying person at your gym, and what does he or she do that's so annoying?

I thought that this might be an interesting thread.

In mine, it's a lady who boxes. My gym has a large cardio room (with bikes, treadmills and elliptical equipment), and then a large room that is totally empty, separated from the cardio room by a see-through wall and a door. Most people who do boxing go to the large empty room and close the door.

But one lady? She does boxing in the middle of the cardio room, even while the vacant room is right next door. She also dribbles a ball while waiting for her personal trainer and moans when she boxes. It's really distracting.

Love to hear about the most annoying person in YOUR gym!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 08:56 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
People who try to reserve a piece of exercise equipment while they're still working out on a different piece of exercise equipment.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,065 times
Plenty in my gym.
The old duffer oogling and chatting up the young chicas hoping to get lucky.
The steroidal monster posing in front of the mirrors.
The know it all that tries to tell everyone the proper way to do something.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 AM

3,053 posts, read 2,030,049 times
I really hate people that directly and heavily spray cleaner on their cardio machines right next to me. Some do it before and some do it after and some do it BOTH times. They are usually older. Most people spray onto the paper towel and wipe machines which is the correct application, not affecting people around the cleaning).

When I am next to the machine being sprayed it goes right into my nose and I start wheezing and coughing. The way some people clean is like the machine has Ebola germs and one 80 year old spent 5 minutes doing it. No joke. I had to leave and move to another machine far away.

Besides the yukky aerosol effect of chemical cleaner (which I think is unhealthy to inhale) I also dislike getting this warehouse cleaner on my skin. It's as bad as someone wearing too much perfume IMO.

My second beef is too many TV's tuned to Fox news.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:38 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,931,399 times
The old fat guys that walk around the locker room naked. Put on a damn towel!

Old 11-12-2018, 09:58 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
We've got a good thread on annoying gym habits already, but since this is about THE most annoying person here goes.....and I've got so many at my gym now this is a tough one.

Since there are several guys who do this in my smaller gym, I'll lump them all together. The guys who lay claim to an area by setting down their towel, cellphone, water, etc. on a bench and then proceed to leave that area to train on several other machines simultaneously. Since my gym is smaller, taking a flat or incline bench really puts a strain on the dumbbell area so doing this essentially eliminates 33% of that space. One guy in particular often does this with TWO benches, then becomes absolutely incensed when someone either asks him to move it or, heaven help them, moves his things on their own. He'll come back, stop in his tracks, throw up his arms and let out a giant "SIIIIIIIGH" with several dirty looks to that person. It is as if he is a 6 year old and someone took his favorite toy. It really is something to behold and I always get a chuckle out of it when I see him freaking out.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:12 AM

1,976 posts, read 6,855,311 times
New couple show up at our gym last week. There is an area which is essentially a walkway between two zones (free weight vs machines). They lay two mats there and start to work out essentially blocking everybody's path. Pretty out of shape too. For a while I thought this is a candid camera prank to see how we will react, but no, it was real.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
I do yoga class at the gym and this one lady is constantly on her phone in yoga class so and she talks rather loud as well and I tell you I don't know how the yoga teacher feels but I would be p'o'ed if someone did that in my class . I think if this continues I will be going to the ymca they have a class over there that is just awesome . LOL .

Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I do yoga class at the gym and this one lady is constantly on her phone in yoga class so and she talks rather loud as well and I tell you I don't know how the yoga teacher feels but I would be p'o'ed if someone did that in my class . I think if this continues I will be going to the ymca they have a class over there that is just awesome . LOL .
Oh yes! Can I change mine now?? lol. We have a gal who comes in and walks very slowly on the treadmills and literally YELLS ON HER CELLPHONE for the entire 60+ minutes. Once she moved onto the treadmill next to mine and on top of YELLING ON HER CELLPHONE she also smelled like she hadn't showered in a month. Just pure, putrid stink. I held my towel to my face until another treadmill opened up and I moved. Think she noticed or cared? Nope.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM

997 posts, read 709,991 times
Water Aerobics class there is a lady who quits 5 minutes before we are finished just so she can get to the showers first. She walks in front of the instructor as she leaves the pool. I think its disrespectful to the instructor as it creates a distraction for the rest of us and the instructor is not finished calling out the instruction at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness