Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 11:00 AM

19,899 posts, read 9,458,929 times

Advertisements

Six months is a long way off, but as far as popular vote, my guess, as of right now, is that the popular vote will be something like:

Trump: 44%
Biden: 40%
RFK, Jr: 8%
Libertarian (TBD): 4%
West: 2%
Stein: 1%
Others: 1%

However, that being said, I do think there is a chance that BIDEN will win the electoral vote because, as you all know, the blue states have a lot more votes than the red states do, and at this point, I do think that most of the swing states will go blue, except for Wisconsin and Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 11:23 AM

6,139 posts, read 2,904,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
They are, however, one is a psychopathic, malignant narcissist. I will be voting against that candidate. So will many others.
Glad to hear you and many other will be voting against Joe Biden, then!

How many fake stories does President Biden need to tell people to gain support?

An uncle being eaten by cannibals? - Debunked
His wife being inside his house when it burned to the ground? - Debunked

Here's what my search engine's AI generated:

"Biden has been known to tell several false or exaggerated stories throughout his career. Here are some examples:

Amtrak Conductor Story: Biden has repeatedly told a story about an Amtrak conductor congratulating him on logging more miles riding the train home to Delaware than by flying on Air Force Two. However, the conductor, Angelo Negri, had been dead for over a year and retired for over two decades before the supposed conversation could have taken place.

Silver Star Story: Biden has told a story about presenting a Navy captain with a Silver Star for trying to rescue a fellow soldier under fire in Afghanistan. However, the story is likely fabricated, as there is no record of such an incident occurring during Biden’s vice presidency.
Arrest Story: Biden has claimed to have been arrested during a civil rights protest in the 1970s, but there is no evidence to support this claim.

17,000 Miles with Xi Jinping: Biden has claimed to have traveled 17,000 miles with Chinese President Xi Jinping, but this number is likely exaggerated or fabricated.

Cashew Recall: Biden has claimed that cashews sold by Wal-Mart were recalled, but this is not accurate.

Dead Dog Story: Biden has told a story about receiving a call from a woman asking him to remove a dead dog from her lawn when he was a county council member, but this story is likely fabricated.

War Story: Biden has told a story about traveling to Afghanistan and presenting a Navy captain with a Silver Star, but this story is likely fabricated.

It’s worth noting that Biden has been known to embellish or fabricate stories throughout his career, and these examples are not exhaustive."

Only a "psychopathic, malignant narcissist" would lie this much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12
A country governed by Christian Nationalists? The prospect is terrifying - to me, and to many others.
Yeah, who doesn't want to live in a country governed by "Love thy Neighbor" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."?

Christian Nationalists (which do not exist in any real sense) are therefore better than Progressive Nationalists, which President Biden is installing all over our government! (Think "Death to America!" and "Kill all Jews" people)

Old 05-07-2024, 11:44 AM

13,931 posts, read 8,110,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Six months is a long way off, but as far as popular vote, my guess, as of right now, is that the popular vote will be something like:

Trump: 44%
Biden: 40%
RFK, Jr: 8%
Libertarian (TBD): 4%
West: 2%
Stein: 1%
Others: 1%

However, that being said, I do think there is a chance that BIDEN will win the electoral vote because, as you all know, the blue states have a lot more votes than the red states do, and at this point, I do think that most of the swing states will go blue, except for Wisconsin and Georgia.
I'd toss in AZ.

MI maybe but PA is unlikely. A lot will depend if C. West makes the ballot in these states
https://www.cornelwest2024.com/michigan

Old 05-07-2024, 01:05 PM

267 posts, read 143,977 times
Polls are largely a function of who funds them.

This is not to say that the poll crafters can just create any outcome, they still have to operate within the realm of plausibility.

Opinion polls, of course, are not designed to inform. They are designed to influence. There is a weird part of the human brain that wants to "be on the winning team", and that is why the poll crafters in recent decades have skewed their methodologies and data to favor their preferred candidates by anywhere from 2-10 percentage points more than they would get if these polls were conducted honestly.

All that of course assumes these polls are actually conducted at all, which they may not be. Have you ever been contacted for one? So many polls, so many supposed people being polled week by week, and yet.....

Old 05-07-2024, 03:20 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,586,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
He has a name you know, Joe, the psychopathic, malignant narcissist that has been getting rich in government since 1973 voting and funding every war including the Iraq war and pushing us for WW 3 and selling us out to China.

There shouldn't be any debate on any politician that has been in government since 1973 trying to get 4 more years. If that is not arrogant, narcissist, insulting, dangerous and plain out stupid, then I don't know what is. I thought this nation fought a war to end cr@p like this. Who needs a King when We have career politicians like Joe in government since 1973. Even in the military they have a force retirement after a 20 year window.

If Trump was in government 1/4 of that time, the argument wouldn't be giving him 4 more years but calling the firing squad. You have to be some kind of narcissist thinking you belong in power that long and asking for 4 more years with his age and health and a record of bad policies. It's sad and insulting.

I rather have a President that believes in Jesus Christ and isn't pushing for massive abortions on demand or endless wars. I'm voting for the person that should have received a Nobel Peace Prize for the Abraham Accords and pumped the brakes on endless wars and didn't invade a poor country. He has my vote again. At least back up your vote and enlist in the military.

I guess a candidate that has been in government since 1973 getting it so wrong on life and death policies and endless wars doesn't scare you but Christianity does. That says more about you.
Biden is aligned with Christian Nationalists? Really? News to me.

Trump's SCOTUS appointees are ENOUGH!

Old 05-07-2024, 04:28 PM

17,761 posts, read 6,999,390 times
Quote:
Biden is aligned with Christian Nationalists? Really? News to me.

Trump's SCOTUS appointees are ENOUGH!
I'm not sure about Christian Nationalists, but Biden is definitely aligned with terrorists, Marxists, and people who want to destroy the country.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:40 PM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Doesn't your link says right-center and mostly accurate. "We also rate them as Mostly Factual". You forgot that part in your post.
Definition of Mostly: Usually, generally, mainly, most part, largely, as a rule. More often than not.

I don't know about you but that sounds very positive about a polling source.
I've said over and over, from my press I want ZERO bias.

Not left leaning and not right leaning.

Report the FACTS and nothing else.

Old 05-07-2024, 07:48 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,586,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^Yes. It's not just Trump himself, it's the minions / sycophants he would put into office. Literally no one who's gonna push back on his crap.
So many are, and will learn more about the reality of Christian Nationalism.

It will change YOUR LIFE in a DIRECT WAY.

Unless you are willing to see your country turn into a Fundamentalist Christian run theocracy and Fundamentalist Christianity is the religion that you follow, Trump is following in the same path that both Dwight D. Eisenhower and Barry Goldberg warned us about, then you need to vote AGAINST TRUMP

Unless you are members of a Fundamentalist Church, and you want you reading and movies censored, and you want the Government telling tour sisters, wives and daughters what to do with their own bodies, you need to keep Trump and the religious fanatics who he is beholding to out of office.

We DO NOT have a great choice. The thing is third parties to not have a great track record.

So, I am voting against Trump.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/777...rs-get-control

Old 05-07-2024, 08:40 PM

19,899 posts, read 9,458,929 times
I am an agnostic and mostly pro-choice, but I would rather have a Christian government than an extremist liberal one.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:55 PM

8,124 posts, read 7,499,491 times
Quote:
So many are, and will learn more about the reality of Christian Nationalism.

It will change YOUR LIFE in a DIRECT WAY.

Unless you are willing to see your country turn into a Fundamentalist Christian run theocracy and Fundamentalist Christianity is the religion that you follow, Trump is following in the same path that both Dwight D. Eisenhower and Barry Goldberg warned us about, then you need to vote AGAINST TRUMP

Unless you are members of a Fundamentalist Church, and you want you reading and movies censored, and you want the Government telling tour sisters, wives and daughters what to do with their own bodies, you need to keep Trump and the religious fanatics who he is beholding to out of office.

We DO NOT have a great choice. The thing is third parties to not have a great track record.

So, I am voting against Trump.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/777...rs-get-control
You seem to forget that Trump has already been President. Where were all these Christian Nationalists in his first term?

I have to admit, I listen to right wing talk radio almost every weekday, and nobody talks about Christian Nationalism. In fact my morning guy is Jewish, and my midday guys have recently been making fun of Kristi Noem the dog-murdering, Kim Jong Un fabulist. Nothing about Christian Nationalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections