Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 10:27 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,349,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So many are, and will learn more about the reality of Christian Nationalism.

It will change YOUR LIFE in a DIRECT WAY.

Unless you are willing to see your country turn into a Fundamentalist Christian run theocracy and Fundamentalist Christianity is the religion that you follow, Trump is following in the same path that both Dwight D. Eisenhower and Barry Goldberg warned us about, then you need to vote AGAINST TRUMP

Unless you are members of a Fundamentalist Church, and you want you reading and movies censored, and you want the Government telling tour sisters, wives and daughters what to do with their own bodies, you need to keep Trump and the religious fanatics who he is beholding to out of office.

We DO NOT have a great choice. The thing is third parties to not have a great track record.

So, I am voting against Trump.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/777...rs-get-control
Homelessness, inflation, QOL/broken windows crimes are dominant in most of this country--even outside the big cities-- yet you seem to be fixated on a boogeyman of Christian Nationalism that didn't exist during his term(but crazy social liberalism did).

Both sides are garbage. But I can't fault folks for voting in the Orange One back into office. Things are NOT good here. We need a return to standards and no one on the Demwit side has what it takes to get us there. Still think Creepy Joe will pull it off because he's against Trump, but all it takes is one event to be the final straw. Again, things are NOT good in this country compared to Obama's 1st term let alone DJT's(pandemic withstanding).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 10:49 PM

13,635 posts, read 4,350,655 times
Quote:
Biden is aligned with Christian Nationalists? Really? News to me.

Trump's SCOTUS appointees are ENOUGH!

Who said anything about Biden but Trump isn't. Name 1 right you lost as an atheist under Trump. Name 1. What is this boogie man scare mongering myth that you are crying about?. Is Trump sending the FBI and military to force you to go church every Sunday and go to confession and carry the bible at all times. What are you scared of?

Old 05-07-2024, 11:04 PM

13,934 posts, read 8,110,868 times
Quote:
Biden is aligned with Christian Nationalists? Really? News to me.

Trump's SCOTUS appointees are ENOUGH!
I'm very happy with Trump's SCOTUS appointees.

Christian Nationalists? A Handmaid's Tale style takeover? That's what worries you?

Personally, I more worried about a far left movement gaining power and finding myself label an "enemy of the people" because I own rental property.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:14 AM

9,568 posts, read 9,878,503 times
As a Christian all my life...I never heard of Christian Nationals until the media made it up. Maybe sheena12, who seems very knowledgeable about it, can give us some examples?

I mean there are wackos on both sides. The KKK is strong on the left, but I would never think that every democrat is a KKK member.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:21 AM

9,568 posts, read 9,878,503 times
As was mentioned by another poster, polls will lean to whomever funds them. Here is a more right leaning site than what the OP provided.

May 8, 2024:

MBFC's Current Polling Averages: Trump Vs. Biden 2024
Current Electoral Votes Average: Trump 281 - Biden 257

*Today's Win Probability: Trump 73.56% (-4.38)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/elect...mulation-data/

Old 05-08-2024, 07:46 AM

6,295 posts, read 5,158,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
As a Christian all my life...I never heard of Christian Nationals until the media made it up. Maybe sheena12, who seems very knowledgeable about it, can give us some examples?

I mean there are wackos on both sides. The KKK is strong on the left, but I would never think that every democrat is a KKK member.
Surely you jest. Every white nationalist group out there today, including what's left of the KKK, is aligned with the GOP and sees their language being co-opted by Trump.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:57 AM

3,183 posts, read 2,232,837 times
There is a very good chance that by 2027 or 2028, the majority of the Supreme Court will be comprised of Trump appointees. Thomas and Alito are aging and may be interested in retiring during his second term, and Sotomayor has some significant health issues. As there are more lean/solid red states than lean/solid blue states, Republicans are likely to hold a Senate majority after this year and keep it for the foreseeable future, so whoever Trump nominates should get confirmed easily.

If Trump gets two more nominations, his justices could be the dominant force on the Supreme Court through the middle of this century. Just something to think about for liberals (and moderates) who are conflicted about Biden and planning to sit out this election or support a third party candidate.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:02 AM

13,635 posts, read 4,350,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Surely you jest. Every white nationalist group out there today, including what's left of the KKK, is aligned with the GOP and sees their language being co-opted by Trump.

Your posts gets more full of excrement by the day. Name 1 right under Trump that you lost or violated, name 1. What racist policy or word Trump used to support the KKK or any racist organization? Name 1 Trump national policy that aligned with the KKK (When was the last time you saw the KKK in person)

Meanwhile, the hack that you voted for and will again has a long history of racism that would make the KKK very proud with high fives. Biden is the Grandfather of the mass black incarceration racist law that put many young black men in jail and broke families but you for some weird reason ignore. Joe has a long history of racist remarks while as a U.S. Senator. Even his own VP, Kamala Harris called out his racist record in the U.S. Senate. then took it all back when she was offered the VP job. Talk about a sellout.

If Trump had 1/4 of the time as Biden in the U.S. Government with that record, you all would be calling for the firing squad, not giving him 4 more years or coming to this forum to defend him.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:23 AM

52,804 posts, read 34,700,369 times
Quote:
They are, however, one is a psychopathic, malignant narcissist.

I will be voting against that candidate.
me too. that's why trump will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
You seem to forget that Trump has already been President. Where were all these Christian Nationalists in his first term?

I have to admit, I listen to right wing talk radio almost every weekday, and nobody talks about Christian Nationalism. In fact my morning guy is Jewish, and my midday guys have recently been making fun of Kristi Noem the dog-murdering, Kim Jong Un fabulist. Nothing about Christian Nationalism.
christian nationalism is primarily a fantasy concocted by leftists to scare themselves with. their personal boogeyman.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:40 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,174,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I'm very happy with Trump's SCOTUS appointees.

Christian Nationalists? A Handmaid's Tale style takeover? That's what worries you?

Personally, I more worried about a far left movement gaining power and finding myself label an "enemy of the people" because I own rental property.
Don't you remember one of Trump's appointees may have done something bad when he was 15? That alone should disqualify Trump from appointing anyone since most people were pure as the driven snow when 15. And our current POTUS is one of the greats in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections