Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans do you plan to vote by mail, or in person this year?
Yes I will be voting by mail 19 30.16%
No I vote in person only 44 69.84%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 01:55 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times

Advertisements

As election fraud continues to grow I suspect it’s only a matter of time before ballot harvesting/drop boxes are banned. Too easy to cheat and ballot stuffing can make a big difference esp. in local elections.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2023/11/02...efore-election
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/iowa-...b0662eb43c355d
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/...ting-scandals/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ud/ar-AA1jb4YP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 02:23 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,475,985 times
100% In Person!

Old 03-15-2024, 02:48 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I just so amusing to see people who think Trump can't possibly lose. Either he wins or he was cheated. They just refuse to believe that the other guy simply got more votes. It's built in excuse so that they can justify anything that happens. I was surprised that Trump won but I never ever felt that Clinton was cheated. He got more votes than her and I accepted the decision. This heads I win tails you lose mindset is baffling to me. How one man can convince 25% of the population that he was cheated out of something as secure as our elections is amazing. I would suggest any of these people work at a polling booth to see how many checks and balances are built into the process. To think that millions of fraudulent votes can be executed without leaving any kind of trail is ludicrous.
No, I don't think Clinton was cheated...although she did actually win the popular vote, the system we have was well established, it is what it is and I accepted that she lost. I did feel grumpy when she got the nomination instead of Bernie, maybe he was kinda cheated by the DNC but whaddya gonna do? I held my nose, cast my vote, and she lost. Oh well.

Then I'm talking to this dude who insists that all sorts of fraud cost Trump the election in 2020, and then admits he did not even vote. Because he already knew it was "rigged." wtf? So the plan is what, to just abandon the whole voting thing and simply throw tantrums until we get our way now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
As election fraud continues to grow I suspect it’s only a matter of time before ballot harvesting/drop boxes are banned. Too easy to cheat and ballot stuffing can make a big difference esp. in local elections.

So we've got Connecticut where they re-ran a primary and an election and the outcome was the same anyways.
Iowa where a Republican candidate's Vietnamese wife was trying to help him win, with an effect of 20-some odd fraudulent votes she threw in there AND she got caught.
A couple other small scale operations, again they got caught, that last one is just charges and allegations as of late 2023, I can't find anything updating with any evidence or how the case has gone since then - ?

I do not take "we are investigating a suspicion!" as proof of any wrongdoing. I at least need some reporting on credible evidence.

Look, no matter how rock solid a process is, there are likely still going to be some oddballs out there who seek ways to exploit it, and the key thing is that they get CAUGHT and that it does not alter the outcomes.

By the by, I also had no objection to Trump (or any candidate ever) wanting recounts or investigations. By all means, recount all you like. Hire some ninjas to fondle the paper texture for hints of bamboo. I don't care. Inspect away. But when no one can produce evidence that stands up to scrutiny in court of anything that would change the outcome, then I do expect a candidate to sit down, not to double down. Maybe go regroup and try again next time, that's fair, too. But to constantly seek to undermine all faith in every institution and burn the damn world down if he doesn't get to play king of it, nah I don't think so.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:01 PM

19,834 posts, read 12,090,217 times
I always enjoy voting in person. My polling location is less than a mile from my home, everyone is friendly and smiling, they always ask for ID and thank me for voting.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:35 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,346,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
If we don't get back to one day, in person paper ballots it's not going to matter how or who you vote for because it will have already been decided for you.
It's never really going to be one day voting - because you'll always have hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots coming in.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No, I don't think Clinton was cheated...although she did actually win the popular vote, the system we have was well established, it is what it is and I accepted that she lost. I did feel grumpy when she got the nomination instead of Bernie, maybe he was kinda cheated by the DNC but whaddya gonna do? I held my nose, cast my vote, and she lost. Oh well.

Then I'm talking to this dude who insists that all sorts of fraud cost Trump the election in 2020, and then admits he did not even vote. Because he already knew it was "rigged." wtf? So the plan is what, to just abandon the whole voting thing and simply throw tantrums until we get our way now?

So we've got Connecticut where they re-ran a primary and an election and the outcome was the same anyways.
Iowa where a Republican candidate's Vietnamese wife was trying to help him win, with an effect of 20-some odd fraudulent votes she threw in there AND she got caught.
A couple other small scale operations, again they got caught, that last one is just charges and allegations as of late 2023, I can't find anything updating with any evidence or how the case has gone since then - ?

I do not take "we are investigating a suspicion!" as proof of any wrongdoing. I at least need some reporting on credible evidence.

Look, no matter how rock solid a process is, there are likely still going to be some oddballs out there who seek ways to exploit it, and the key thing is that they get CAUGHT and that it does not alter the outcomes.

By the by, I also had no objection to Trump (or any candidate ever) wanting recounts or investigations. By all means, recount all you like. Hire some ninjas to fondle the paper texture for hints of bamboo. I don't care. Inspect away. But when no one can produce evidence that stands up to scrutiny in court of anything that would change the outcome, then I do expect a candidate to sit down, not to double down. Maybe go regroup and try again next time, that's fair, too. But to constantly seek to undermine all faith in every institution and burn the damn world down if he doesn't get to play king of it, nah I don't think so.
Nevertheless, I suspect this *type of election fraud will only grow. It's fairly simple and can help win a close race.

*ballot harvesting/stuffing votes in drop boxes

Last edited by john3232; 03-15-2024 at 07:01 PM..

Old 03-15-2024, 08:28 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,733 times
You're disrespecting me by even asking me that question.

Old 03-15-2024, 11:19 PM

13,243 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:

What is the difference between a drop box and a blue mail box? Can't someone "Stuff" a blue US postal mail box. Ballot harvesting is a joke as I already stated before the term is for the uneducated who think it's something nefarious. US postal carrier is a "Ballot Harvester".

Old 03-15-2024, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What is the difference between a drop box and a blue mail box? Can't someone "Stuff" a blue US postal mail box. Ballot harvesting is a joke as I already stated before the term is for the uneducated who think it's something nefarious. US postal carrier is a "Ballot Harvester".
The ballots in the drop box are processed faster given they aren't tossed in with regular mail.

But so what? Dumping ballots into a US mailbox will still reach the right place and... you're less likely to get caught.

So, yes. Getting rid of the drop box won't solve much. If one is going to illegally collect ballots -best to toss them into various US mailboxes.

Again, I suspect this type of election fraud will only grow. It's fairly simple and can help win a close race.

Quote:
On its face, it seems harmless. A family member, friend, or volunteer from a community group offers to take your ballot to a drop box or county office, maybe because you don’t have a car or have trouble getting around on your own.

But in most cases in Pennsylvania, so-called “ballot harvesting” is illegal. Only a voter can mail their ballot or return it in person, unless they have a disability and officially designate someone to do it for them. A violation could land you a misdemeanor with up to a year in jail or as much as a $1,000 fine.
https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/202...entee-ballots/
(As of August 2023)

Here's a few of the battleground states but whose verifies the person collecting the ballot is legit? So, if one is careful they can “harvest” as many ballots as possilble and toss them into various US mailboxes with no one the wiser.

Quote:
Arizona permits a family member, household member, or caregiver to return a voter's absentee ballot.

In Pennsylvania, a voter who qualifies for an emergency absentee ballot may authorize in writing a representative to return their ballot. If an authorized representative is not available, a deputy sheriff or constable may deliver and return the emergency ballot.

In Nevada, a person authorized by the voter may return a mail ballot at the request of a voter.

Michigan law permits a household member or a family member (defined by law), or an election official if those options are not available, to return a voter's absentee ballot.

In Georgia, a voted absentee ballot may be returned by a family member (defined by the law) or a household member. Voted absentee ballots of voters confined to a hospital or with a physical disability may also be returned by a caregiver.

North Carolina law states that a near relative or legal guardian may return a voter's absentee ballot. It is a class I felony for anyone else to return absentee ballots on behalf of others.

Ballot harvesting laws by state
https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harve..._laws_by_state

Last edited by john3232; 03-16-2024 at 12:52 AM..

Old 03-16-2024, 12:20 AM

13,243 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:
The ballots in the drop box are processed faster given they aren't tossed in with regular mail.

But so what? Dumping ballots into a US mailbox will still reach the right place and... you're less likely to get caught.

So, yes. Getting rid of the drop box won't solve much except perhaps catch those who don’t cover their face on camera. If one is going to illegally collect ballots -best to toss them into various US mailboxes.

Again, I suspect this type of election fraud will only grow. It's fairly simple and can help win a close race.

(As of August 2023)

Here's a few of the battleground states but whose verifies the person collecting the ballot is legit? So, “harvest” as many ballots as possilble and toss them into a mailbox.
If the ballot was filled out by a legal voter how does this change anything? Mail carrier collects ballots riding in a white postal truck. When he gets to the post office they put them in a large bin is that a drop box? The logic doesn't even make any sense. It's the weakest argument against voter fraud. There isn't any fraud involved in collecting valid ballots and putting them in a blue mail box on the street corner. Those blue mail boxes get broken into where an actual drop box is lot less likely to get broken into lot of those drop boxes are monitored by cameras.

The fact that the US has as decentralized system based on counties it's very difficult to coordinate a massive fraud over several states. Each county operates independently certifying the winners. Trying to get several counties to coordinate a fraud would be very difficult to do without being caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections