Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 04:47 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
There is this thing called the first amendment. I guess you are not familiar with it.
Yes I am, what does that have to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
They did for me in the primary. I didn't vote for him yesterday. But now we have to pivot to the general election, where Josh Stein's actions are not aligned with mine and Lieutenant Governor Robinson's mostly are. It's a "hold my nose" vote for Lieutenant Governor Robinson.

That, and I think it's time we had a black man lead our state. It might show young minorities that skin color should not dictate which party you vote for, because it's the most racist thing going on in our current society.

He's going to take a lot of criticism, but we all now, at it's core, it's because he's black and a Conservative. He should play the race card exactly like Democrats do to excuse any unfortunate previous statements, except he won't have the media working overtime to excuse them either.

Primaries are about words. General elections are about actions.
Appreciate your honesty but I have seen too much dismissal of a candidates actions because they are good for the voters. A politician can be successful and still behave with dignity. We have seen these excuses so many times.

Curios because I'm not from NC, what is your major newspaper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 04:57 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
"Is Mark Robinson the best the NC GOP can do?" Evidently on the R side of the fence, the answer is yes....he won the primary. The bigger question is ....what does that say about the R voters/party in NC ?

Old 03-12-2024, 09:20 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"Is Mark Robinson the best the NC GOP can do?" Evidently on the R side of the fence, the answer is yes....he won the primary. The bigger question is ....what does that say about the R voters/party in NC ?

It says a lot! And none of it is good.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:17 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
The linked poll suggests a close race with Stein ahead by 2% - which is basically tied given the margin of error.

https://www.wral.com/story/robinson-...hows/21323638/

Old 03-13-2024, 09:36 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
Well, suburbanite white voters in NC had BETTER vote for him.
Or they will be completely outing themselves as pure racists.
Yep, any white person in NC that doesn't vote for this strong black man is a racist.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:50 AM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, any white person in NC that doesn't vote for this strong black man is a racist.
I know you are being facetious, but by that logic wouldn't that mean anyone who doesn't vote for Stein is antisemitic?

Old 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I know you are being facetious, but by that logic wouldn't that mean anyone who doesn't vote for Stein is antisemitic?
Yes but in Wokedumb, black trumps Jewish unless also LGBTQXYZ.

Old 03-20-2024, 01:48 PM

Robinson is polling 2 points behind Stein on this recent poll that also shows Trump up 3 points in North Carolina. Interesting that even a few Trump supporters find him problematic.

https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/...orth-carolina/

Old 03-22-2024, 02:00 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Robinson is polling 2 points behind Stein on this recent poll that also shows Trump up 3 points in North Carolina. Interesting that even a few Trump supporters find him problematic.

https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/...orth-carolina/

Yes. A bit surprising as standards are extremely low for most all Trump supporters.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Yes. A bit surprising as standards are extremely low for most all Trump supporters.
Some voters who perceive Biden as too old and mentally inadequate may be okay with Stein for governor. The Republican legislature in North Carolina tends to be the dominant force in the state regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections