Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 05:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Charging her with a felony would kind of prove the powers that be want to shut her up doesn't it? In the past people ignored those they disagreed with or thought were loony. The fact that strong actions are taken against "unpopular opinions" these days with increasing frequency is a sign of something and it's not good. Everyone should be worried
So we shouldn't charge her because it makes her some sort of martyr despite the fact she did break the law and slandered 10 people in particular and potentially opened them up to stalking and threats like we did with the mule video taping during the election? Sorry but that is messed up. Especially in a country that as her party claims to be the party of law and order and supports Rule of Law, that is wrong. If she isn't charged, we are opening this up for even more conspiracy theories and undermining of our democratic republic.

Edit: I hope that for a Democrat who would potentially do this, you treat the same kiddie gloves with because "They are whistle blowing." I know I will. "Lock them up!"

Last edited by mkpunk; 02-01-2023 at 05:57 AM..

Old 02-01-2023, 09:39 AM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Charging her with a felony would kind of prove the powers that be want to shut her up doesn't it?

So anyone charged with a felony is innocent and only the powers that be are out to get them. Interesting. No one is shutting her up. She can say whatever she wants. But she is not exempt from election laws and she transmitted voter signatures which is a felony. There is irony that she claims to be concerned about the integrity of the voting process they willfully violates it. Maybe not willfully she probably does not understand that doing what she did is a crime. Now she does.

Old 02-01-2023, 11:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it can't.

Have you heard of the Constitution?
No she didn't break the law by that, she broke the law by showing the signatures since the ballots are supposed to be shielded.

Old 02-01-2023, 03:57 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
The fact that strong actions are taken against "unpopular opinions" these days with increasing frequency is a sign of something and it's not good. Everyone should be worried
This is like saying a DUI charge is taking strong action against the unpopular opinion that someone can drive just fine after a few beers. They wouldn't charge her for the opinion, rather the illegal action she took related to that opinion.

It really is a shame with her, she was a fixture as a respected newscaster for a couple decades before she started going off the rails towards the end of it, then with the governor campaign pretty well sealed her forever reputation as a first class nutter. It would be interesting if "convicted felon" was added to that title.

Old 02-01-2023, 04:44 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
This is like saying a DUI charge is taking strong action against the unpopular opinion that someone can drive just fine after a few beers. They wouldn't charge her for the opinion, rather the illegal action she took related to that opinion.

It really is a shame with her, she was a fixture as a respected newscaster for a couple decades before she started going off the rails towards the end of it, then with the governor campaign pretty well sealed her forever reputation as a first class nutter. It would be interesting if "convicted felon" was added to that title.
She is a darling among MAGA so she can do speaking engagements or whatever. Maybe be an anchor on one of the conservation cable channels. If she wants to run for state wide office she will probably need to move or run in a AZ district with a GOP majority for the house.

Old 02-01-2023, 05:16 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

I thought being a "convicted felon" would preclude a candidacy for US Senate, but it turns out the Constitutional requirements are few. Live in the state you represent, be over 30 years old and don't be Putin is pretty much all you need to run.

Keeps my hopes alive that she'll be the GOP candidate for Sinema's seat in 2024. Nothin' but the best...

Old 02-02-2023, 04:18 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No she didn't break the law by that, she broke the law by showing the signatures since the ballots are supposed to be shielded.
That is how I interpreted this matter. She shouldn't have done that. Our signatures are supposed to be private. I don't know where she gets off thinking she can do this sort of thing and it's okay.

The mindset of these politicians astounds me. smh

Old 02-02-2023, 04:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
That is how I interpreted this matter. She shouldn't have done that. Our signatures are supposed to be private. I don't know where she gets off thinking she can do this sort of thing and it's okay.

The mindset of these politicians astounds me. smh
She is trying to prove voter fraud. How else is she supposed to do it, when the left has everything rigged? The media is in their back pocket, most of the courts are as well, and the governor in Arizona certified her own election. Yeah, nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 02-02-2023 at 04:46 AM..

Old 02-02-2023, 04:46 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
She is trying to prove voter fraud. How else is she supposed to do it, when the left has everything rigged?
It doesn't matter what she's trying to prove. She violated voters' privacy. You don't openly post voter signatures! Why is that so hard for you far right people to understand?

Old 02-02-2023, 04:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It doesn't matter what she's trying to prove. She violated voters' privacy. You don't openly post voter signatures! Why is that so hard for you far right people to understand?
We are tired of rigged elections.
And very tired of illegal aliens streaming across the border and diluting everyone else's vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.