Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 08:37 PM

6,156 posts, read 2,917,044 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/s...Cq6enuwq0sAAAA

*A screenshot of the poll questions and its results can be found in the Twitter link, provided above.*

I have not been following the aftermath of the chaos that resulted in Maricopa County, Arizona on Election Day, but it fills my heart to see that the vast majority of Americans agree that what occurred in Maricopa County was wrong, and, likely, disenfranchised some voters from casting their ballots.

Sixty-nine percent of Democrats, seventy-eight percent of Republicans, and seventy percent of Independents agree that "many voters were deprived of their sacred right to vote" in Maricopa County, Arizona, on November 8, 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 09:12 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,686,284 times
Total nonsense. A poll of 750 people in total, with an undisclosed number from each party claims that 69% at least somewhat agree with the statement. “The vast majority of Americans” - LOL, bloody freaking hell!

Why do you guys always act like you have a smoking gun but it’s nothing more than a blank? Nothing to see here. The desperation is palpable.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:59 PM

9,974 posts, read 4,723,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Total nonsense. A poll of 750 people in total, with an undisclosed number from each party claims that 69% at least somewhat agree with the statement. “The vast majority of Americans” - LOL, bloody freaking hell!

Why do you guys always act like you have a smoking gun but it’s nothing more than a blank? Nothing to see here. The desperation is palpable.
It's not a smoking but it indicates that the number of people questioning that election or have a non flattering opinion of the process are not just a few outliers.

Last edited by anononcty; 11-30-2022 at 11:13 PM..

Old 12-01-2022, 03:48 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,464,380 times
I bet some of them were thinking about the problems regarding armed drop box "watchers."

Old 12-01-2022, 04:14 AM

30,275 posts, read 11,909,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/s...Cq6enuwq0sAAAA

*A screenshot of the poll questions and its results can be found in the Twitter link, provided above.*

I have not been following the aftermath of the chaos that resulted in Maricopa County, Arizona on Election Day, but it fills my heart to see that the vast majority of Americans agree that what occurred in Maricopa County was wrong, and, likely, disenfranchised some voters from casting their ballots.

Sixty-nine percent of Democrats, seventy-eight percent of Republicans, and seventy percent of Independents agree that "many voters were deprived of their sacred right to vote" in Maricopa County, Arizona, on November 8, 2022.

I thought MAGA people do not trust polls? Or you only believe polls when you like the polling results. Kind of like elections. You only trust election results when your candidates win?

Old 12-01-2022, 04:59 AM

26,014 posts, read 13,007,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I thought MAGA people do not trust polls? Or you only believe polls when you like the polling results. Kind of like elections. You only trust election results when your candidates win?
I dont know the definition of MAGA, but I'm a conservative libertarian, and I distrust polls no matter what they say. Nearly all are done by the Leftist fake news media.

However, I also read that 9 out of the 12 broken voting machines were in the most conservative areaas w/in this county, which caused long lines, & people left w/o voting. Poll workers were telling voters to go to Blue areas of the County because there were no lines there.

In the end, the Pubs took over the House, & that win will pay huge dividends over the next 2 years...let the investigations begin.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:23 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,048,606 times
It seems akin to another poll we once discussed: while the majority of those polled were saying that their own financial situation was good, they opined that other people were not doing well, which led to much clutching of pearls by Republicans.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:22 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,686,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I dont know the definition of MAGA, but I'm a conservative libertarian, and I distrust polls no matter what they say. Nearly all are done by the Leftist fake news media.

However, I also read that 9 out of the 12 broken voting machines were in the most conservative areaas w/in this county, which caused long lines, & people left w/o voting. Poll workers were telling voters to go to Blue areas of the County because there were no lines there.

In the end, the Pubs took over the House, & that win will pay huge dividends over the next 2 years...let the investigations begin.
Again, where did you read that? You've been called out on this misinformation before. It's simply untrue: https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...P-879285578892

If Republican-heavy areas had longer lines do you think it may have anything to do with the paranoid simpletons being brainwashed into being afraid of mail-in voting? Your conspiracy theory is completely baseless. Quit repeating it.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:48 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,612,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Which leads to what we'll call The Election Denier Conundrum:

1. We want elections to all happen in one day since somehow that reduces fraud!
2. Election results always need to be audited and investigated to ensure there is no fraud!

Lots of wanting it both ways around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
let the investigations begin.
In exit polls voters list their top concerns for this nation being inflation, crime, immigration, gun policy, and abortion. Those issues pretty much ate up the pie graph.

Yet I keep seeing the same cast of characters in this forum practically foaming at the mouth that their narrow majority can get to work on investigations into the other political team and whatever bizarre angle about child gender identity. Politics is more like college sports to them, gotta score some goals against the other team to cheer for.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:40 AM

10,602 posts, read 7,118,525 times
Why does Maricopa County have these issues? The polling stations close down for hours due to technical errors, days to count ballot, USB drives found with vote count information that doesn't tie out to the reported totals. It doesn't take a genius to anecdotally arrive that Maricopa is basically Florida light. Tie that into that it overwhelmingly voted for Trump in 2016...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections