Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 05:50 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I live in Florida, which is paradise on earth -- especially compared to a deep blue hellhole like New York.

Thank you for your concern though!
It's so easy to toss invective. "blue hellhole" ?
New York City alone has always been a powerhouse. Financial capital, dozens Fortune 500 companies, center for fashion, art, entertainment, publishing. Our intellectual capital.

What has Florida produced?. Oranges and Disney World? Yes this is given over to hyperbole but, sorry, Florida does NOT anywhere compare to New York..

Old 11-14-2022, 05:59 PM

17,666 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
New York City alone has always been a powerhouse. Financial capital, dozens Fortune 500 companies, center for fashion, art, entertainment, publishing. Our intellectual capital.

What has Florida produced?. Oranges and Disney World? Yes this is given over to hyperbole but, sorry, Florida does NOT anywhere compare to New York..
Great, so please go there and enjoy it. I recommend the subway system, especially at night. The artwork and diversity is unmatched.

Old 11-14-2022, 06:14 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,368,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post

Both of the places you mention are a lot better than that blue hellhole of New Mexico. Talk about a dump!

Old 11-15-2022, 10:20 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,797,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They were also so wrong in 2016 when they said that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.

We are so lucky to have dodged that dread BUT one has to wonder if Hillary could have been any worse than Biden? I think Hillary is a crooked crook but I think she cares about the country if only to enrich herself. Biden and his ilk don't even care about us.

I do not trust polling because people will say anything just to be jerks.
They didn't say that she was going to win in a landslide, they just said the odds were higher that she would win. It's like saying that there is an 80% chance of rain on an overcast day and it doesn't rain. All of the conditions can be there for an event to happen but for some unknown reason it doesn't happen. It doesn't mean that the weathermen don't know what they are doing or that they are always wrong.

One memorable thing I remember reading on 538 was that Trump had the same odds of winning as the Cubs did to win the World Series that year and look how that turned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.