Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 AM

421 posts, read 2,156,215 times

Advertisements

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-02-2008 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Nice pictures of the Plaza holmes..

Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Some I posted awhile back.

http://pics3.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles13648.jpg (broken link)
This photo is just great. I just LOVE Mount Cristo Rey...there is something just fascinating / haunting about it, especially near dawn or sunset. I used to love driving the coridor between El Paso and Las Cruces and seeing it off in the distance looming over the Borderland. Great stuff.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM

55 posts, read 237,989 times
Default EP Photos and The Chickens Come Home To Roost

WOW! Thank you for those fabulous photos.

MANY years ago I was taking a cross country road trip out of California.
When I was somewhere outside of Las Cruces at a local grocery, the woman at the register asked me if I was going into las cruces. I responded yes. She asked if I would give a woman a ride there. I said OK.

The woman and I talked and it was a very comfortable conversation. I asked her what she liked about living in Las Cruces. She told me the sunsets were the most beautiful she had every seen! I never forgot her response.

Now here I am many moons later looking to relocate to Las Cruces and eager to get to know El Paso again - as I was born there. Again, many moons ago.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Home is where the heart is kathleen. I hope you get there at your earliest convenience.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:17 PM

59 posts, read 2,225,251 times
Default Downtown El Paso

The courthouse

Last edited by D'kota; 05-12-2008 at 11:01 PM..

Old 01-03-2008, 03:31 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Quick Question Moderator.. I see you pulled images off the internet and posted them.. I posted one picture on another area that was off the internet and the post was closed because they worry about copyright.. how come you can pull images off the internet and post them but us forum members can not? Copyright does not care who has mod-rights and who doesn't.

Just curious.. I do love the images.. but want to know whats up with that.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 AM

11 posts, read 80,397 times
Can somebody post a picture looking over the river from El Paso at dawn?
You get to notice these really thick clouds that choke El Paso/Juarez an stay they until they get blown away by wind by 10am.
Really beautiful. Or how bout the dust storms that envelope this city for two months out of the year. Everything covered in dirt and you can hardly breath the air, and the gusts of hot stinking wind blows over 18 wheelers on the freeway. Gotta love it.
Or take a picture of every single large parking lot in El Paso filled with trash. And a bum on every corner.
Oh, and every time it rains it floods every street for a day. Been here 9 years and the same spots have still never ever been fixed.
Its just so beautiful, if you are into that whole 3rd world feel.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Turner View Post
Can somebody post a picture looking over the river from El Paso at dawn?
You get to notice these really thick clouds that choke El Paso/Juarez an stay they until they get blown away by wind by 10am.
Really beautiful. Or how bout the dust storms that envelope this city for two months out of the year. Everything covered in dirt and you can hardly breath the air, and the gusts of hot stinking wind blows over 18 wheelers on the freeway. Gotta love it.
Or take a picture of every single large parking lot in El Paso filled with trash. And a bum on every corner.
Oh, and every time it rains it floods every street for a day. Been here 9 years and the same spots have still never ever been fixed.
Its just so beautiful, if you are into that whole 3rd world feel.
Or how about taking a picture of all the whiners in this town, there are so many of them here already.. why not take a picture of them too?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,100 times
During the winter season the air gets traped over El Paso/Juarez and forms a diversion layer of smog over the both cities, either until the southernly or westernly winds kick in and blow the stuff away,then there will be clearness and the cycle repeats itself till around springtime when the dust storms roll around, thats mother nature doings, El Paso has no control of that, and if you think the gust of wind is bad there, you should see the gust of winds in the Sierras of California, now thats really bad.

Theres trash everywhere not just El Paso, I can go outside right now and theres trash on my street or discarded furniture, and I dont live in El Paso, I live in a great American city just like you do, and bums did you say bums, we got them to, so no hard feelings.

On the rain part, El Paso went through an unexpected experiance with the storm of 06, it dont rain that often there for starters so the city is'nt really prepared for such events
so why build a huge rain drainage canal when it only rains so much less than what it would actually serve it purpose.

El Paso is beautiful mostly to happy go lucky positive thinking people, and their sweet smiles surely deserves a photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso