Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 05:33 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,044,498 times

Advertisements

About healing chronic pain. Dr. Howard Schubiner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujfe-fu5g6A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2023, 12:26 PM

Vegetable souffle.

Oven at 375 F.

- 6-8 eggs, beat them with a fork in a Jena glass baking container that you lightly coat before with some olive oil, not much;
- add 3-4 green onions cut small;
- lots of mushrooms cut small;
- parsley;
- salt;
- feta cheese as much as you like.

Mix all and bake for aprox. 40 min. Done!

Optional: add Paleo turkey bacon. Sprouts (the store) has this. It has no sugar in it. Cut in small pieces. I use about 1/3 package, or 3oz. Mix in there and bake.

Sometimes I would add shredded Parmesan cheese on top, a little, like 2 tablespoons. Just before it's done, 5 minutes before, I add the Parmesan and bake it for 5 more minutes.

For people who do not eat dairy, you can use nutritional yeast instead of cheese. And some sesame seeds.

Bon Appetit!

Old 07-18-2023, 07:26 AM

Do art. I love this:

In 2006 a high school English teacher asked students to write a famous author and ask for advice. Kurt Vonnegut was the only one to respond - and his response is magnificent:

“Dear Xavier High School, and Ms. Lockwood, and Messrs Perin, McFeely, Batten, Maurer and Congiusta:
I thank you for your friendly letters. You sure know how to cheer up a really old geezer (84) in his sunset years. I don’t make public appearances any more because I now resemble nothing so much as an iguana.

What I had to say to you, moreover, would not take long, to wit: Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what’s inside you, to make your soul grow.

Seriously! I mean starting right now, do art and do it for the rest of your lives. Draw a funny or nice picture of Ms. Lockwood, and give it to her. Dance home after school, and sing in the shower and on and on. Make a face in your mashed potatoes. Pretend you’re Count Dracula.

Here’s an assignment for tonight, and I hope Ms. Lockwood will flunk you if you don’t do it: Write a six line poem, about anything, but rhymed. No fair tennis without a net. Make it as good as you possibly can. But don’t tell anybody what you’re doing. Don’t show it or recite it to anybody, not even your girlfriend or parents or whatever, or Ms. Lockwood. OK?

Tear it up into teeny-weeny pieces, and discard them into widely separated trash receptacals. You will find that you have already been gloriously rewarded for your poem. You have experienced becoming, learned a lot more about what’s inside you, and you have made your soul grow.

God bless you all!"
Kurt Vonnegut

Old 12-31-2023, 05:32 PM

Raw salad. I made this two days ago, a giant quantity. I stored it in the fridge, in a big container (it has a lid). I eat from it daily at lunch. Plus some protein, like fish or meat. When I'm ready to eat the salad at lunch every day, I put a portion in a large bowl and I add a few olives, some olive oil and apple cider vinegar. I keep the giant container with the rest of the salad in the fridge, it lasts a few days. Four or five days.

The salad:
- red cabbage;
- shredded carrots;
- romaine salad;
- radishes;
- parsley;
- green onions;
- celery.

I use organic ingredients. The green onions and parsley grow in my garden.

Old 02-18-2024, 06:20 AM

This was recorded in 2014. Amazing person and healer. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW52yq1YPt0

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

Doctor Palmer and Jordan Peterson, about mental health and diet. Almost two hours. I'm watching this now. I only watched the first 15 min, it's pretty good. I recommend it. I like Palmer, he's very lucid, competent and has a kind/compassionate heart. I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_z3ncVYAw8&t=351s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals