Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 11,675 times

Advertisements

Did you visit Sequatchie Point yet? Would appreciate an update on what you found.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,919 times
We are planning to take the tour at Sequatchie Pointe and would like to hear from anyone that took the tour. Was it worth the time and are the lots priced right?

Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 PM

9 posts, read 30,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOS View Post
Any information about Wilder Mountain would we wonderful! Thank you!
i own 10 acres, and the family cant wait to build a house there and leave florida. i have pic, what information do you want.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnatl View Post
I just joined and saw this about Wilder Mountain. We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? Are you still happy with your lot and the transaction overall? Also, regarding the price, I live in Atlanta and the price we were quoted seems very reasonable compared to here, but we still don't want to overpay. Looking at the other replies, it seems that 8,000 an acre seems to be overpriced in Wilder. The prices we were shown were around 15,000 an acre. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
yes it is the same developer, wilder mt is sold out and when i went to check on my 10 acres in dec of 06 they were in Chatt.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas0607 View Post
Does anyone know anything about this area near Crossville, We recently got info re: 5 acres for $39,900 ---Would this property be worth looking at?
i have 10 acres there and we love it, it is so beautiful i have pic summer time and winter time we go there 2 x a year to check on our land

Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwood View Post
lafinfi,
Im also looking for a trac in Sequatchie County close to Chatt. I don't have any info on this community. Ref Wilder Mountain I was advised by a realtor to avoid any lots at that location due soil problems. Just passing on info, take it for whats it worth.

Ironwood
just wondering what would soil promblems do or mean? please forgive me i am from south florida and i own 10 acres there on wilder mt

Old 06-03-2007, 09:02 PM

i also own 10 acres on wilder mt we go 2x a year and my 2 kids love it we want to get a home on it soon, south florida is killing us. it is not a place to raise a family anymore

Old 06-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
{We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? } yes it is the same developer. I went to Wilder Mt. today. Don't see how there could be a soil problem, looked good to me and the top of the mt. It is way far out about 20 mi to the stores, 45 mi to restaurants, shopping or anything else. About 400 very nice building tracts on top of the mountain. Much flatter than I expected. Most lots are sold but only about six houses built so far, but very nice houses. Open to any and all other questions see ya
i am from south florida and i bought 10 acres on wilder mountain...i got scared when reading the soil problem, not that i even understood what that meant. we go up there 2x a year winter break and summer we will be coming up there with in a couple of weeks, my children love it i want to move so bad. i am trying to find a place to stay that is close to the mountain do you know of anyplace and could you give me the phone number
thanks
april

Old 06-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyesposito View Post
I would like to hear from someone who has already purchased in Wilder Mountain and what plans they have like live year round or use it as a vacation home or rental property, my husband and i bought 6 months ago and hope to build soon to use as rental (log Cabin) hope to hear from someone with the same plan.
i have been a owner on wilder mountain since july of 2005, i own 10 acres and we are planning on putting a home there we havent decided if it will just be for vacaion or to live. as you seen the mt is quiet i really dont think you will get people up there to rent as it is like qhost town.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil63 View Post
happy holidays. live in port saint lucie, fl friend has offered me 5 acres on wilder mountain for 45000. wouldn't even think about building for at least 5 years. is it that remote where i may have to go for many miles just to see a neighbor. would want to live there year round. what does future hold for building. thanx to anybody with any info. happy new year!
they are divied into 5 acre tracts i own 10 it is quiet but they have abouts 10 houses up in dec of 06 i am from south fl we will be up there soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville