Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,497 times

Advertisements

We too are interested in this area. can you give any idea about the soil problems. Also whether the area will have water and sewage or septic systems. any info would be nice.
thanks

Old 11-11-2006, 04:50 PM

177 posts, read 898,608 times
I just found out where Wilder Mt. is. I will go up there next week and see what is going on . Will have more info.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 18,914 times
ironwood,
Thanks for the information, hopefully someone else can fill us in on Sequatchie Pointe.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:17 PM

177 posts, read 898,608 times
{We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? } yes it is the same developer. I went to Wilder Mt. today. Don't see how there could be a soil problem, looked good to me and the top of the mt. It is way far out about 20 mi to the stores, 45 mi to restaurants, shopping or anything else. About 400 very nice building tracts on top of the mountain. Much flatter than I expected. Most lots are sold but only about six houses built so far, but very nice houses. Open to any and all other questions see ya

Old 11-18-2006, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 15,045 times
Default Sequatchie Point

Looking for info on Sequatchie Point, Tennessee. Toured property recently and considering buying. I would like to know who was the realtor that advised against this purchase due to soil issues.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 15,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlok View Post
We too are interested in this area. can you give any idea about the soil problems. Also whether the area will have water and sewage or septic systems. any info would be nice.
thanks
We were told you would have to have a septic tank and water would be city of Jasper.

DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlok View Post
thanks
We were told it would be septic tanks and city of Jasper water. Said soil samples were done. We are trying to verify the truth about this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnatl View Post
I just joined and saw this about Wilder Mountain. We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? Are you still happy with your lot and the transaction overall? Also, regarding the price, I live in Atlanta and the price we were quoted seems very reasonable compared to here, but we still don't want to overpay. Looking at the other replies, it seems that 8,000 an acre seems to be overpriced in Wilder. The prices we were shown were around 15,000 an acre. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
We toured recently and were given much different pricing. Yes this is the same developer- JJ Detweiler Enterprises.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:13 PM

6 posts, read 31,139 times
I would like to hear from someone who has already purchased in Wilder Mountain and what plans they have like live year round or use it as a vacation home or rental property, my husband and i bought 6 months ago and hope to build soon to use as rental (log Cabin) hope to hear from someone with the same plan.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,376 times
My husband and I bought 6 acres on Wilder Mountain this past July. We were very impressed with the speed that the Developer was working at in creating all the roads and infastructure. We have heard nothing regarding soil problems and most of these mountain properties are going to have septic tanks so that is not an issue. Our hope is to build a cabin with 5 years and use this as a vacation home. We will rent it out whenever we are not going to use it. We are planning on moving to Tellico Village in Tennessee within 5 years as well so our vaca spot will only be about an hour & a half away.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 14,802 times
Default sequatchie pointe

Just can home from a visit from Kimbal Tennessee and a tour of Sequatchie Point. We went with another couple and had a great time.
The tour was nice and the property is beautiful. We looked at the phase one development and hiked through some of the lots for sale. I wish we had more time to really stay and see the area better.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 14,802 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnatl View Post
I just joined and saw this about Wilder Mountain. We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? Are you still happy with your lot and the transaction overall? Also, regarding the price, I live in Atlanta and the price we were quoted seems very reasonable compared to here, but we still don't want to overpay. Looking at the other replies, it seems that 8,000 an acre seems to be overpriced in Wilder. The prices we were shown were around 15,000 an acre. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I'm learning how to use this web site, hope this works. Did you tour the lots at Sequatchie pointe? Who was your sales person? Did you find a lot you liked? Do you know anything regarding the financing company? Looking for your reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville