Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 PM

12,897 posts, read 18,751,931 times

Advertisements

Here's some of what's happening in the CBD this month, from City Center Partnership.

What's Happening Downtown in June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
Hopefully there will be enough demand for this and the Starbucks that is opening up in the NBSC building in August.

COLUMBIA, SC: First Citizens brewing up coffee shop bank | Business | The State
Is Starbucks linking up with Certus Bank? Greater Columbia Business Monthly (June edition) says Certus will open its first Midlands branch on the ground floor of the NBSC building. Linking to a GCBM article is impossible or next to it, but I read the news minutes ago.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 AM

258 posts, read 468,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Is Starbucks linking up with Certus Bank? Greater Columbia Business Monthly (June edition) says Certus will open its first Midlands branch on the ground floor of the NBSC building. Linking to a GCBM article is impossible or next to it, but I read the news minutes ago.
Certus in moving in to the old NBSC building at 1241 Main St(corner of Lady/Main). The Starbucks will be coming to the lobby of the new NBSC building 1221 Main (Main & Gervais)

Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
Certus in moving in to the old NBSC building at 1241 Main St(corner of Lady/Main). The Starbucks will be coming to the lobby of the new NBSC building 1221 Main (Main & Gervais)
Oh! I'll have to check out the addresses. I take it you mean there will be a Starbucks next to NBSC's lobby in a separate retail space on the ground floor of the Tower at Main & Gervais.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 AM

258 posts, read 468,141 times
Quote:
Oh! I'll have to check out the addresses. I take it you mean there will be a Starbucks next to NBSC's lobby in a separate retail space on the ground floor of the Tower at Main & Gervais.
That's correct, it will be directly in front of the guard's desk. There is currently some seating and a coffee table in the future Starbucks space.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM

Maybe there needs to be a new thread called Main Street south of the capitol. Anyway, Immaculate Consumption has reopened in the building where the Nickelodeon used to be at Main and Pendleton, and a new Sakura Japanese Restaurant has taken the Nick's old spot.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:38 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
Maybe there needs to be a new thread called Main Street south of the capitol. Anyway, Immaculate Consumption has reopened in the building where the Nickelodeon used to be at Main and Pendleton, and a new Sakura Japanese Restaurant has taken the Nick's old spot.
We need to name that area. I guess Soma would be the natural inverse of Noma.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
We need to name that area. I guess Soma would be the natural inverse of Noma.
I forget - where does South Main start? South of Blossom? That's about 12 restaurants now in the four blocks of Main between Blossom and Pendleton, all south of the capitol.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
I forget - where does South Main start? South of Blossom? That's about 12 restaurants now in the four blocks of Main between Blossom and Pendleton, all south of the capitol.
South Main officially starts at Heyward and North Main officially starts at Sunset, but most people call NoMa the area north of Elmwood, as a general area so who's to say that SoMa couldn't start south of the State House. That area of Main is really integrated with the University and doesn't really have a name.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM

8,232 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
South Main officially starts at Heyward and North Main officially starts at Sunset, but most people call NoMa the area north of Elmwood, as a general area so who's to say that SoMa couldn't start south of the State House. That area of Main is really integrated with the University and doesn't really have a name.

I have always wished they would do something with that end of south Main atleast to Greene or even Blossom Street.. It could use a Road Diet/Street Scaping to make it more pedestrian friendly and easy to cross... Seems like most of Columbia's energy goes north on Main and they forget about the back door..> Granted its not a "must do now" thing compared to Assembly Street.. but an important section none the less especially as Innovista picks up. I guess once Assembly gets done they may look at it,.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area