Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:33 AM

12,898 posts, read 18,751,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
No, I was told by a broker.
If the broker is a reliable source and it comes to pass, it'll go nicely with Bourbon, a bar and Cajun-Creole restaurant that is scheduled to open in August on the ground floor of the renovated Brennan Building, the New Orleans-style building behind First Citizens.

Columbia SC News - Columbia Free-Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM

The Indie Grits festival is coming up.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 PM

The central business district is heating up.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
I didn't realize how much the banking industry is truly playing a role in the absorption of office space in the CBD until I read that article. In addition to BB&T, Ameris, and Certus, you have AgFirst's move into the BOA building, and with the merger of SCBT and First Financial, I'm sure we'll be hearing about a new office tower by the end of the year.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,969 times
Exciting. Didn't think about that though, lots of bank action. Meanwhile, Aflac has been quiet. Probably waiting out for a developer to come forward with a proposal? This is accelerating faster than some people thought towards getting a new office tower. I remember reading an article a month or two ago saying that sq. footage rates aren't high enough. Now they're hitting new highs. Sounds good to me, I'll sit back and enjoy the process.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Exciting. Didn't think about that though, lots of bank action. Meanwhile, Aflac has been quiet. Probably waiting out for a developer to come forward with a proposal? This is accelerating faster than some people thought towards getting a new office tower. I remember reading an article a month or two ago saying that sq. footage rates aren't high enough. Now they're hitting new highs. Sounds good to me, I'll sit back and enjoy the process.
Do you know anything about a new tower? I would think that recent events have made developers more interested in constructing a new tower. I still would like to see a project that visually connects Main St with the Vista. Also, based on hotel data, I don't think a new structure is too far out. Room rates are strong as are occupancy rates.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 AM

258 posts, read 468,199 times
Default New restaurants...

I'd love to know what some of these rumors are.....

"Add to that the various rumors of other restaurants and bars up and down the Main Street corridor, and things are continuing to look up for downtown."

Columbia SC Blogs - News, Restaurants, Arts, Sports, Movies, Music

Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Do you know anything about a new tower? I would think that recent events have made developers more interested in constructing a new tower. I still would like to see a project that visually connects Main St with the Vista. Also, based on hotel data, I don't think a new structure is too far out. Room rates are strong as are occupancy rates.

Ooops, sorry. I haven't heard a thing. The only "connections" I have is my girlfriend works at an engineering/architectural firm and they mainly focus on roads; although she did share a peep of information to me on the Continental tire plant when it was still hush-hush.

I totally agree in that the recent developments with USC, the Vista, Main Street, the dwindling office space, and the overall vibe of the city is rendering Columbia extremely prone to some pretty cool stuff, an office tower in particular. Thats just the vibe I get. No real expert insight or anything but Columbia is poppin' right now. I believe I read somewhere (on here) that someone expects to hear something about an office tower as soon as the end of the year with the way things are going. That'd be awesome.

Can't remember if it was you, but there is someone that is really big on that lot at the intersection of Gervais and Assembly. Something should be done there and would be a great opportunity to span the Vista-Assembly street- Main street.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Things to do in the CBD in May:

What's Happening Downtown in May

Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM

157 posts, read 248,918 times
What happened to the urban tour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area