Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:44 AM
slj slj started this thread

2 posts, read 26,656 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Denver area (hopefully Evergreen) in January.
My husband has migraines and the doctor suggest he stay below 7,000 feet. Does anyone know about the different areas we should look to live that would keep us below 7,000. We really want to live in the mountains with a bit of land and a great view. We love Evergreen, but are concerned it may be too high. Is there a sight I can look at that would have the elevations of the surrounding towns including Evergreen.
Can't wait to get there!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 AM

45 posts, read 348,560 times
Don't know about a website, I think more important to migraines is the trigger. Do you know for sure it's altitude???? Does he get enough b vit. etc. Most headaches from altitude is due to dehydration and lack of acclimation. I'd look into this more before limiting yourself. But, consider Golden...

Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 PM

66 posts, read 409,090 times
Go to Wikipedia and type in the city. I think Denver is 5,200 feet above sea level. At Wikipedia you will find lots of useful information about any city and anything else you can think of for that matter lol. Most sities also have their own web page and you can usually find that by typing in city of **** in your search engine.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
is it the pondarosa pine trees, rolling hills, winding S driveways that make you feel called by the mountains? As I have said before, the suburbs are higher in elevation than Denver proper, Highlands Ranch is at 5900.

If you want pristine Colorado, look at the Pinery in Parker, Escaverra, Deer Creek, Castle Pines...it's better to live with your husband than not to, right?

Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
Odd, my best friend was born in Fairfax,VA and even though she was rasied here throughout her young years would go up to Breckenridge and Blue River and have the worst headaches ever. Blindingly insane headaches that would make her sleep the entire way back to Colorado Springs.

Guess who lives in Keystone now? My best friend.

It's not the altitude once someone gets used to it. It's the environment inside the home an businesses that people get blindingly horrible issues.

Increase the humidity in the home and work environment. Talk to the doctor about potential allergies....seriously. I have known others that have a regular allergy shot regimine (sp) when they moved here and haven't had a major problem.

It's not the altitude, it's the conditions that you live in. It's very dry here, very dry.

Buy a good humidifier and one that's a large one or a whole house one.

I use two humidifiers in my house and I was born and raised here. It helps me so much.

It's not the altitude, it's the lack of moisture in the air. I have seen it too many times to not know what that's about.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:01 AM

20 posts, read 91,533 times
Go to this site for all kinds of useful info including elevations.

Just click on the city you are interested in and it will tell you what you need to know.

It's how I found our land.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Colorado.html

Best wishes,
Reese

Old 12-13-2008, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 22,460 times
we are planning on moveing to colorado springs in june 09, but everyone keeps telling me that its hard to breath their. if anyone can give me answers to this.thank you scarlettnc.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 22,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettnc View Post
we are planning on moveing to colorado springs in june 09, but everyone keeps telling me that its hard to breath their. if anyone can give me answers to this.thank you scarlettnc.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettnc View Post
If you try to run up Pike's Peak the first day you're in town, yes, you'll have a hard time breathing. If you're just walking around, running errands, etc, breathing is not an issue at all unless you already have problems.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,217,084 times
Assuming altitude contributes to the problem, I'd think you were taking your chances by living in the mountains at all...particularly since I'm sure 7000ft is not a hard, fast rule.

Why not live out on the plains? It really is gorgeous in that unique, western way, and you should be able to keep below 6000 ft for the most part, plus you can still be within an hour or two of the mountains for when you do when to go up there...

Or downtown Denver...given that there's a river down there, it's a valley that's lower than a lot of the surrounding suburbs (as I someone above previously mentioned.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado