Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:25 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times

Advertisements

Air Force has no business giving Michigan a tough game like it is (6 pt difference going into 4th quarter). The two teams are completely different in the recruits they are allowed to bring onto the team. AF gets a ton of credit in this game for competing vs this top 10 team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Air Force has no business giving Michigan a tough game like it is (6 pt difference going into 4th quarter). The two teams are completely different in the recruits they are allowed to bring onto the team. AF gets a ton of credit in this game for competing vs this top 10 team.
Michigan is a young team. While Michigan is ranked in the top 10 currently, my prediction is a 10-25 rank by the end of the season, with probably 3 Big Ten losses, unless there is big improvement on offense. The defense looked pretty good again (besides one blown coverage).

I think at Purdue will be a tough game next week. The little bit I've seen of Purdue this year (against Louisville and now against Mizzou), they've looked better than expected. Offense needs to have really good practices this week.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,536 times
wolverines 10pt favorite. purdue will start game with a lot of energy but wolverines will eventually wear them down. 31-17

Old 09-19-2017, 11:41 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,608,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
wolverines 10pt favorite. purdue will start game with a lot of energy but wolverines will eventually wear them down. 31-17
The Bottom 10 people had always used the term PURDONT for Purdue... so they'll definitely need to up their game -- even against any occasionally iffy Michigan team.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Bottom 10 people had always used the term PURDONT for Purdue... so they'll definitely need to up their game -- even against any occasionally iffy Michigan team.
yeah,,last several years they've been very very bad. mediocre talent, poor effort, terrible coaching, but they finally hired the right guy for their program to eventually turn things around. it'll take time though, but so far this year they seem to playing with a lot more passion (and having fun)... blowing Mizzou out on the road 35-3 was impressive for them. Now they fall back to earth playing a top ten defense.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:12 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
Dropped the ball and didn't notice FOX was broadcasting the game until the 4th quarter. I'll have to pay closer attention to the schedules. One quarter is better than none. Blue was impressive in the 4th and I assume they controlled the rest of the game as well. Good win going into a string of tough games.

Is it just me or was the FOX production lackluster? Too many wide shots instead of cutting to in game action shots.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I assume they controlled the rest of the game as well. Good win going into a string of tough games.

Purdue held 10-7 halftime lead then Michigan defense smothered them entire 2nd half. Speight went out with injury early and the backup QB came in and saved the day.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
Purdue held 10-7 halftime lead then Michigan defense smothered them entire 2nd half. Speight went out with injury early and the backup QB came in and saved the day.
This. I hope Speight is ok. That being said, O'Korn looked better in this game than Speight has looked in any game this year. I think a lot of Michigan fans are hoping O'Korn continues to get the start, but also hoping Speight is well and can play a backup role. I certainly hope he didn't suffer another shoulder injury like last year. This was a hard fought game the first half, but Michigan pulled away starting the second half of the third quarter.

Bye week now, then Michigan State.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:41 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
With how bad Ohio State has looked in 2 games, they better beat them this year, especially at home.
The last time Ohio State got embarrassed by an opponent early in the season they went on to win the NC. The Oklahoma loss doesn't mean much. If Ohio State wins out they will be in the playoffs, period.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Michigan vs Michigan State tomorrow. Michigan should win this one at home, but I expect State to play hard. O'Korn had a good game 2 weeks ago, it will be interesting to see whether he can be consistent. That's the one big question mark for this team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football