Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 07:52 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyDFW View Post
oh... I was thinking maybe I should follow his lead and buy a house over there, while they are still relatively "affordable"
In that case, you only need to determine if YOU want to commute that far. Your friend's opinion of HIS commute is irrelevant, or would be to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 10:30 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
It's possible.

I knew a co-worker who commuted from Greensboro to RTP for four years. He and his wife had purchased a very inexpensive home in Greensboro, and he justified the expense of commuting by the fact that he had a very low mortgage payment.

I owned a business that was 50 miles from my house. After I sold it, I never lived more than 5 miles from work. There's something to be said about all those miles behind the wheel, both from a personal cost as well as an automotive maintenance cost.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:33 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Why would he lie?

Thing is, he is still in the honeymoon period. Ask him 2 years from now after reality sets in. Maybe a long commute is fine with him but maybe the bloom will be off the rose. It is a coin flip.

Now, if you can't stand your wife then, the longer the commute the better!

Old 03-04-2024, 07:47 AM

25 posts, read 10,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Why would he lie?

Thing is, he is still in the honeymoon period. Ask him 2 years from now after reality sets in. Maybe a long commute is fine with him but maybe the bloom will be off the rose. It is a coin flip.

Now, if you can't stand your wife then, the longer the commute the better!

went to their house yesterday. Had a great barbecue. It was an amazing house. Now I see why they chose to move there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina