Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 06:29 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
Does Riverlights have any teaching or research hospitals? For that matter, does New Hanover or Brunswick County have any?
No, the closest "teaching hospital" is at East Carolina in Greenville, attached to the Brody School of Medicine.

However, teaching of interns does occur in New Hanover. A couple of my doctors have had interns shadowing or working for them.

I feel I have been receiving good care from my Wilmington doctors. After all, it is an attractive place for good doctors to live.

If you need to be close to a teaching and a research hospital, consider living in the Triangle. There is more and more 55+ housing being built there.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-31-2023 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 01:36 PM

49 posts, read 50,017 times
Riverlights....saw it...nice. Ask how it fared in Hurricane Florence. Unlike Compass Pointe and most Brunswick Forest many of the housing units are in flood zones (non X zone) and some may require flood insurance if you buy with a mortgage.

Riverlights is a little closer to downtown historic Wilmington than Leland and is closer to Carolina and Kure Wrightsville Beach and possibly a little further from Oak Island, Caswell Beach, Holden Beach, and southport than say, Brunswick Forest.

BTW - If you use Realtor.com - find the property and then use the map function, you can pinpoint the property and it should give you some indication of the flood zone and/or show the potentially encroaching water and levels

If it is not an X zone, you may need flood insurance.

Old 09-22-2023, 02:36 PM

39 posts, read 22,248 times
I did visit both CP and Brunswick Forest in March. CP is more suited to what I am looking for. I like that it's a bit set apart and if feels like a resort. The people where great in both communities.

Old 09-29-2023, 10:49 AM

Compass Pointe resident for over 5 years. Many changes since Renaissance Lifestyles became the new developer....not many of them for the better....recently the developer added a "violations" checker full time to drive around and locate infractions such as a lawn flag or an address painted on a rock in the front yard....letters and fines....they are also trying to fob off some of the maintenance of the sidewalks (which are on common HOA property and HOA owned curbs onto the homeowners) They are requiring that residents powerwash these common elements routinely when in fact these are not the resident's responsibility and not on the resident's property.....the sidewalks and curbs are forever getting filthy due to the irrigation water which comes from the pond system (and is owned by former developer and for which we each pay approx $60 plus monthly) The only way to keep these sidewalk and street curbs clean is to clean the water before it is pumped thru our irrigation system...

People here are generally nice....if you are from NJ, Long Island or Staten Island....you probably know some of them already. Consider an interior lot resale.....they are the quietest areas...anything in newer neighborhoods is usually on or adjacent to a major highway or route 74....there are a number of rather pricey new lots that literally back up to a highway off ramp.

Lots of golf carts.... if you do move here buy a big lot and put in your own pool.....we are running out of room at the pool and lazy river....there has been "talk" for years about new west side amenities but its always just talk....somehow any available land becomes a bunch of homes.

Old 09-29-2023, 02:39 PM

Yes, I am aware of the violations that Renaissance has imposed. Hoping whatever I have doesn't have a sidewalk because of it. My understanding is that they will not be there for long. So then the MOA can finally become an HOA like it should be.

From discussions with the Planning Board, there are no plans for amenities on the West side for the residents.

I have a deposit down on the new Compass Pointe section, North Ridge, which has not opened up yet. None of the lots are large in that section but I intended to put in a small pool, maybe not immediately but certainly over time. I won't get a golf cart right away but I will after some time as well.

I am excited about it all happening but it will be a huge move and a massive adjustment for me...I'm aware of that already.

And yes, the people there are wonderful people who already live there which is the primary reason I want to live in Compass Pointe.

Old 12-14-2023, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,054 times
Hey Brianna. We have reserved a lot in Northridge as well. Hello future neighbor

Old 12-15-2023, 09:17 AM

Default Hi North Ridge Neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epauley424 View Post
Hey Brianna. We have reserved a lot in Northridge as well. Hello future neighbor
How exciting! Hello neighbor! I sent you a private message as well. So happy to meet you here!

Old 12-22-2023, 01:20 PM

This only applies to those who are purchasing in North Ridge in Compass Pointe. I received an email from Steve Triola, Broker in Charge, at CP today. Below is what was stated in the email:

This may change a bit as I talked to our Field Manager this morning and it may actually be done in just two phases, but it really won’t affect the timeline much either way.

Lots: 43-62, Section 1. Road is paved so we are just waiting on Federal Property Report to be sent back to us. At that point we can go to contract. It’s looking like we can get those contracts out to our buyers by mid-January. The Federal Property Report will include all lots in North Ridge so we won’t need to wait on that for the other sections.

Lots: 1-31 and 63-86, Section 2. Mid-February

Lots: 32-42. Section 3. Mid to late February

Old 01-25-2024, 08:45 AM

Actually Renaissance may be here for the long term. When we purchased (and were told there would be a total of 2,200 or so homes) - the 80 percent ownership necessary to rid ourselves of the developer (before year 2062 ?) seemed reasonable....however, it appears the 80 percent is based not on the 2,200 homes (1,760) but on the master plan which called for over 4,000 potential homes (if land contiguous to Compass Pointe can be acquired) Obviously 4,000 homes cannot be build on the existing footprint as the homes are almost on top of each other in some areas.....if this is true, we may need about a thousand more homes than the original 2,200 estimate to even get to the 80 percent point.....I do not think there is even room for 1,000 more homes on the existing land...considering there are less than 100 homes built per year (far more than the annual budget provided by the MOA anticipates) and land can be found for building, that's another ten years plus at least or we can wait under 2062.

Old 01-25-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRetired View Post
Actually Renaissance may be here for the long term. When we purchased (and were told there would be a total of 2,200 or so homes) - the 80 percent ownership necessary to rid ourselves of the developer (before year 2062 ?) seemed reasonable....however, it appears the 80 percent is based not on the 2,200 homes (1,760) but on the master plan which called for over 4,000 potential homes (if land contiguous to Compass Pointe can be acquired) Obviously 4,000 homes cannot be build on the existing footprint as the homes are almost on top of each other in some areas.....if this is true, we may need about a thousand more homes than the original 2,200 estimate to even get to the 80 percent point.....I do not think there is even room for 1,000 more homes on the existing land...considering there are less than 100 homes built per year (far more than the annual budget provided by the MOA anticipates) and land can be found for building, that's another ten years plus at least or we can wait under 2062.

My understanding a discussion with the Planning Board last week is that Renaissance submitted a new master plan and the total number is 2,390 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina