Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 09:20 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
whatever you do, wait another year to move to wilmington. prices are sure to decline by 40% by then.
You obviously haven't studied the Wilmington market. There is a lack of housing options due to the lack of buildable land, which is why most new housing is built in Pender and Brunswick Counties. New Hanover County residents are pretty much staying in place so there is lack of available homes on the market there.

The only way home values will go down significantly is if folks stop moving to Wilmington, which isn't going to happen because of demographics....Millennials for jobs and Boomers to retire. Wilmington's economy continues to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 06:46 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
whatever you do, wait another year to move to wilmington. prices are sure to decline by 40% by then.
6 months in, this prediction isn't aging well.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:24 AM

978 posts, read 673,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
6 months in, this prediction isn't aging well.
Lol. Absolutely!
I wish their prediction were true. I’d snap some more land up! Lol.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:45 PM

164 posts, read 111,784 times
Haven't been on this site in quite a while. To answer regarding our decision on where did we move? We would have loved to have chosen Brunswick County, but unfortunately due to fear of hurricanes and the increase in insurance, we wound up in Mebane. Never even considered it! We were still mulling over where to move when my husband wanted to find out what our house could sell for. Got an estimate and discussed options with our realtor. We said we wanted a ranch, no floors. She showed a couple of houses and my husband wanted the lake house she showed us. Small, one Level, back yard on lake so neighbors behind. It isn't the beach but still water. We're happy, but if it weren't for the fear of hurricanes and the extra insurance, I feel it would have been the beach. I did notice last summer though that Brunswick county had a lot more traffic then prior to Covid. Maybe in another life I'll get the beach.

Old 09-11-2023, 08:04 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmypets View Post
....We're happy, but if it weren't for the fear of hurricanes and the extra insurance, I feel it would have been the beach..... Maybe in another life I'll get the beach.
Thanks for reporting that you moved to a lake house in Mebane. Did your daughter also move?

Old 09-21-2023, 01:58 PM

164 posts, read 111,784 times
She's still in Apex. Another reason we didn't go to the shore. She likes Apex and didn't want us to be too far from her. She is in a rental. The one thing she complains about is it is getting so crowded there. Too much traffic and with that scary, crazy drivers.

Old 11-21-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
"Newly released data for August shows that potential buyers and sellers in New Hanover County saw houses sell for higher than the previous month's median sale price of $390,000.

The median home sold for $405,000, an analysis of data from Realtor.com shows. That means August, the most recent month for which figures are available, was up 3.8% from July.

Compared to August 2022, the median home sale price was up 2.5% at $405,000 compared to $395,000."

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story...g/71626375007/

Old 01-14-2024, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Not yet, and time is running out...

"The median home in New Hanover County listed for $524,000 in December, up 1.1% from the previous month's $518,125, an analysis of data from Realtor.com shows."

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story...2/72189717007/

Old 03-03-2024, 02:38 PM

8 posts, read 2,417 times
Calabash to OIB is exploding right now. Driving home prices up currently but there is vast construction everywhere right now.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:59 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylthom7 View Post
Calabash to OIB is exploding right now. Driving home prices up currently but there is vast construction everywhere right now.
I'm actually considering purchasing in that area - in terms of new businesses (grocery, etc...) - are you aware of anything coming? I realize it's not that far to Little River/Myrtle, but I'm not big on driving

Thanks for any insights!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina