Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 11:51 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Lots of great places...depends on what kind of food and price point. Moore Street Oyster Bar, Provisions, Fishy Fishy, Mr. P's, Loco Jo's are all great.
Great suggestions. Of those your mentioned, Moore Street Oyster Bar and Mr P’s are my favorites for dinner as well as Edgewater 122. I’d add Cafe Koa and Blue Cow Grill to the mix for lunch choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 06:00 PM

176 posts, read 238,984 times
Keep in mind that this is a very busy month in Southport. If you want to eat at Mr. P's call asap for reservations, but they may be booked solid. Edgewater 122 also takes reservations. All the others mentioned do not. Ports of Call has been another favorite of mine (reservations accepted) however, they have a new chef and I've not been there recently, so I'm not sure if the quality is the same. If you want to head over to Oak Island to eat, I highly recommend Koko Cabana.

Old 02-23-2023, 08:40 AM

97 posts, read 250,054 times
Default OP - Update?

Just wondering if you made a decision and/or have already moved? We are considering Calabash or Southport, with a budget of $350K and would love to know if you were able to achieve that and like it?

Old 02-24-2023, 04:45 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsunsets1 View Post
Just wondering if you made a decision and/or have already moved? We are considering Calabash or Southport, with a budget of $350K and would love to know if you were able to achieve that and like it?
We are pretty much doing the same. I use Realtor.com for research from home, have family in Sunset Beach and Calabash. What I have found is a lot of listings say "Southport", checking the map puts the home in Boiling Spring Lakes, which I have heard is suffering from flooding a couple years ago, and not as affluent an address as Southport.....this is what I was told by an agent, no first hand knowledge....yet. Also, Southport residents concerned about all the development outside of Southport that may overrun thier beautiful Port town. Seems to be a lot of developing in Bolivia within the 300k range, small homes, itty bitty property, we have considered Shallotte also. We prefer to be south of 17 & 211, not sure that will happen. We plan on also exploring Carolina Shores area as an option, family recommended looking at Little River and North Myrtle Beach being South Carolina is easier on taxes, yet close enough to North Carolina border.

Old 02-25-2023, 07:54 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
When I retired from my second job I could have lived anywhere. It was mountains Vs coast.I chose coast, first on the ICW on Oak Island then New Bern.

I regret daily not choosing the mountains, Hendersonville, Sylva or near Asheville or maybe up near Boone.

Different type of people, different activities, just very different.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2023, 11:07 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
whatever you do, wait another year to move to wilmington. prices are sure to decline by 40% by then.

Old 03-04-2023, 12:04 PM

97 posts, read 250,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
whatever you do, wait another year to move to wilmington. prices are sure to decline by 40% by then.
Just curious, why do you think the prices will fall that much?

Old 03-04-2023, 03:08 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsunsets1 View Post
Just curious, why do you think the prices will fall that much?
I'd be very interested in hearing the "logic" behind that as well. I agree the country could see a pullback in real estate values, but it won't be anywhere near 40% anywhere, and definitely not in Wilmington.

Old 03-04-2023, 03:29 PM

59 posts, read 49,574 times
Prices won't decline until there is a glut of inventory... And that's still not yet a problem.

Maybe as the year develops? Interest rates are sure to climb a bit more. Will be interesting of building new, what will happen in that segment. 65,000 new single home construction contract cancellations last year with most of it in the last quarter (Nationwide).

I'll be down in Brunswick County in a few weeks to scout out some property releases. Will be interesting for sure. Lol

Old 03-05-2023, 06:29 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
First of all, a 40% decrease is not going to happen. Some areas may see a drop in home prices but the top cities to live/work/raise a family along with top destinations for retirement will not. There may be a slight decrease in these areas but the fact that so many continue to move here will keep prices up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina