Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 06:51 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times

Advertisements

There is a groundbreaking ceremony today for the $238 million Southwest bypass in Greenville. Officials will note the expected development that will occur near the 5 interchanges once it is opened in 2019.

Officials mark work on Southwest Bypass - Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 09:54 AM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Is there a map of the projected Southwest Bypass?

Old 11-05-2016, 11:19 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Is there a map of the projected Southwest Bypass?
https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/Green...ProjectMap.pdf

Old 12-16-2016, 04:33 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Hampstead Bypass project moved up to starting in 2020...

Hampstead Bypass construction to begin 5 years early, set for 2020 - WWAY TV3

They are combining it with a median project for Highway 17.

Of course it should have been built 5 years ago, but the Wilmington bypass is 10 years late, so there's that.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:00 AM

98 posts, read 128,854 times
A little more info regarding hampstead and military cutoff bypass'.

Hampstead bypass work set for 2020 - News - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC

Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Gov. McCrory's proposed budget could greatly impact roads in the East

Old 12-21-2016, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see much coming out of this anytime soon, especially since Cooper will be taking office next month. I'm not saying Cooper wouldn't support a transportation bond, but it will ultimately be up to him to push for it. Also, the Connect NC bonds were supposed to have included tranpsortation, but the General Assembly cut it out.

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:14 AM

29 posts, read 39,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see much coming out of this anytime soon, especially since Cooper will be taking office next month. I'm not saying Cooper wouldn't support a transportation bond, but it will ultimately be up to him to push for it. Also, the Connect NC bonds were supposed to have included tranpsortation, but the General Assembly cut it out.

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.
Cooper will have very little, if no input, on the budget.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:31 AM

NCDOT has awarded a design-build contract for the new NC-12 Rodanthe Bridge. Construction could start as early as January 2018 with completion expected by the early summer of 2020.

NCDOT awards contract to design, build new Rodanthe bridge

Old 08-11-2017, 10:47 AM

The remainder of the US-17 Hampstead Bypass has been accelerated by 5 years. Previously, only the northern section had been accelerated.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=14224

Quote:
WILMINGTON – State transportation officials met with Pender County Commissioners Aug. 7 concerning the Hampstead Bypass project and provided them the latest information on the project’s acceleration and design.

The N.C. Department of Transportation was able to move the project forward by nearly five years by streamlining the internal process as well as making design changes and reducing costs.

The Aug. 7 meeting provided local officials a glimpse of the benefits that will be derived once the project is expected to open to traffic in 2025. The project will now be under construction in less than three years.

The major changes to the previous design include the revision of the northern interchange to improve safety and access and to reduce impacts; relocation of the mid-town interchange to Hoover Road, which will give South Topsail Elementary School a second entrance and exit and improve congestion at Hoover Road and U.S. 17. The project also includes a previously separate “Superstreet” project designed to improve safety along U.S. 17.

“Having received updates regarding the Hampstead Bypass from NCDOT every couple of months, I am very pleased with the design enhancements which have been incorporated as well as the significant reduction in overall costs,” said Pender County Commissioner David Piepmeyer. “DOT has done an excellent job of accelerating this project.”

“The Hampstead Bypass and the U.S. 17 Superstreet are top priorities for this community,” said Deputy Division Engineer Chad Kimes. “We have already accelerated the northern section of the Hampstead Bypass project by close to five years. One of DOT Secretary Jim Trogdon’s top priorities has been to improve the way we deliver projects, so the community can realize the benefits sooner.”

Both Hampstead Bypass projects are expected to provide greater connectivity to the surrounding communities, such as Wilmington, Jacksonville, and Surf City, as well as improve the overall U.S. 17 corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina