Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,320 times

Advertisements

I'm glad Goldsboro is growing. I always have a blast every time I ago. Kudos from a fellow Charlotte resident. Hopefully Goldsboro will become the city on the eastern side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopetite View Post
Coming from NYC to Goldsboro, military family- I don't really see (now, never been here before) what the discouraging comments from previous USAF were based on. Love the people, and really it seems that the area is bustling for a community like this. Given there's no IT industry here which is a bust for me, but I'm already inviting my relative who is a nurse in NYC to move here!
I'm glad you like it here!

I've lived in the Wayne County area my whole life, but I have traveled all over the country. I don't understand the bad rap that Goldsboro gets. To me, the city is the perfect size. It's big enough that there are plenty of places to shop, eat, etc., but it's small enough that it has a "small town" feel without too much traffic.

I'm excited about all of the growing that my hometown is doing.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:00 PM

123 posts, read 522,550 times
More good news for Goldsboro, Souuthern Bank announced plans to build a new one million dollar branch in the city, it will be located at the corner of Spence Ave and Ash St in the uptown district of the city, a lot of growth is happening in this part of the city in the last year two new hotels, new retail and several new restaurants with more retail coming soon.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 PM

50 posts, read 136,133 times
I rep my city anywhere I go, goldsboro is on the map if I can go to california, San Diego to be exact, and they know about "da Boro" then you know it's legit, I love my city and the people in it, we on the move....by the way I think somethings big coming to the mall because they are cleaning up the old eckerds drug store and I have a good feeling it's buffalo wild wings..just saying they was looking at a spot in goldsboro

Old 03-05-2015, 05:01 PM

The Goldsboro city council and the Wayne County Commissioners are meeting tomorrow discuss plans for several joint projects which include a new agricultural and convention center, a multi-sports complex and renovation of the Goldsboro country club, details will be forth coming after the 2:00 pm meeting on Friday.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 PM

50 posts, read 136,133 times
Got news that the two kangaroo gas stations on Wayne memorial Dr. will be torn down for a New modern kangaroo site with a church's chicken on it's endcap with a drive thru.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 PM

Cooperation between Wayne Co. and the city of Goldsboro has produced some great results for the area. The two local governments have announced they area jointly building a convention center for the area, the center will be located on a 18- acre tract of land donated to the county by the city. Twelve acres will be for the center the other six for hotel development the facility will be located across from Wayne Comm College, also the two announced the construction of the 60 acre multi- sports complex on Oak Forest Rd the complex will include soccer, baseball, and lacrosse fields and concession facilities. The city is also moving forward with he purchase of the Goldsboro Country Club creating more meeting and recreational space for the city. All three of these projects will improve the quality life in the area and have a positive economic impact in the area increasing tourism and spurring development in the cities midtown area.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 PM

Goldsboro City Council has approved construction of the new W.A. Foster Center, the six million dollar recreational center will located at Mina Weil park construction will start in mid May and take 8 to 9 months to complete.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:21 PM

Two new businesses have just opened in downtown Goldsboro with one more opening in May, The Bad Dog coffee shop is now open on Walnut Street and also on Walnut st is Chief Herb's Bistro, opening in May will be Carolina Pine Country Store also several micro breweries are interested in locating in the downtown area.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM

The Downtown Goldsboro Development Corporation announced that a new restaurant will be locating in downtown Goldsboro, Sumo the Japanese restaurant located in uptown on Spence Ave will open a second location downtown, also Carolina Country Pine store has just opened on Center St. The streetscape project for downtown has given the cities core some new life and I think with more private investment the area can become even more vibrant. The N.C. Main Street program just named Goldsboro's Center Street as a great main street in the making, the award was given in March of this year this project by the city is progressing nicely bringing new businesses downtown and bringing revitalization to the historic neighborhoods around downtown hopefully this momentum will continue. The ribbon cutting ceremony for Goldsboro's intermodual transportation center is set for September 19th at Union Station this project is bringing new life to Goldsboro's west end historic district, hopefully the city will receive the next round of the Tiger grant to finish Union Station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina