Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 06:38 AM

59,516 posts, read 27,655,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlovr8 View Post
I don't think North Carolina would be a good fit for you. Right now we need people who ARE in favor of taxes for schools. We have some of the lowest paid teachers in the country. I don't care if you have kids or not, schooling is important for society.

Much of North Carolina is conservative but there is a liberal community as well. It's probably pretty close to 50/50. Although if you express any of your liberal ideas and you are not from around here, you will not be received well. You may even hear things like "Go back home" or "no more yankees". I'm really not kidding. Unless of course you move to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area or to Charlotte where there are a lot of transplants.

Anyway, I am moderate and I grew up here but my mom is from New Jersey so I don't have an accent, so that's just my 2 cents.
"We have some of the lowest paid teachers in the country"

NC also has a lower cost of living.

North Carolina

#23 in Affordability
#17 in Best States Overall
#25 in Opportunity

North Carolina, which was at one time combined with South Carolina to form a single territory, was one of the original 13 colonies and became the 12th state in 1789. It sent the most troops to fight in the Civil War as part of the Confederacy before it was readmitted into the Union in 1868.
,North Carolina offers a mild climate and 300 miles of shoreline. Geographically, the state is divided in three. Its coastal plain is filled with beautiful beaches, including the Outer Banks, where the Wright brothers made the first successful manned flight in history in 1903. The middle of the state, known as the piedmont, is home to many of the state’s major cities, and the western end of the state is home to mountain ranges such as the Appalachian Mountains.
,Following the Civil War, North Carolina industrialized its towns with hundreds of factories to become the furniture capital of the world and a major producer of textiles and tobacco products. Tobacco mills produced cigarettes and chewing tobacco, textile mills spun cotton into clothing, and factories turned timber into quality furniture.
,Today, North Carolina's economic base looks much different. North Carolina's economy is now focused on industries such as banking, pharmaceuticals and technology. Charlotte has grown to become the second-largest banking center in the nation, and Research Triangle Park near the state capital of Raleigh is home to more than 200 companies.

,[object Object],

Read More »
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2024, 07:14 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,553,705 times
Have you looked at Edenton NC

Old 05-30-2024, 06:13 PM

607 posts, read 1,266,736 times
EXCEPT for areas around Raleigh or Charlotte, Or Asheville, most of NC IS CONSIDERED CONSERVATIVE

Old 05-31-2024, 07:20 AM

986 posts, read 690,117 times
A ten year old thread??? lol
This guy belongs on the NYC Projects. There’s your liberal utopia. Nice and close to the Hudson and east rivers. Liberal liberal liberal. Cheap too in the projects.

Old 05-31-2024, 12:29 PM

299 posts, read 379,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
This guy belongs on the NYC Projects. There’s your liberal utopia. Nice and close to the Hudson and east rivers. Liberal liberal liberal. Cheap too in the projects.
So negative. Breathe, it's not that big of a deal.

Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM

4,268 posts, read 11,457,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Looks like you’re still in the northeast. Time for you to move to rural Mississippi, Alabama or Louisiana.

Old Today, 08:40 AM

27,299 posts, read 44,293,488 times
[quote=missynancy;66784760]EXCEPT for areas around Raleigh or Charlotte, Or Asheville, most of NC IS CONSIDERED CONSERVATIVE[/QUOTE

Greensboro, Winston Salem and Boone aren't considered conservative either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina