Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

304 posts, read 128,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Well its clear as day the OP is a Muslim, and its just some antiquated/fictitious beliefs that the Bible both old and new Testament were corrupted and therefor Islam is the new Bible.

First, Christians do not say "peace be upon him" because Jesus was resurrected and is returning.

The Gospel of Jesus was documented live by notes and other books written by a Historian by hundreds/thousands of eyewitness accounts. Luke wrote and investigated the eyewitness accounts from hundreds of others.

10 of the 12 disciples were not sentenced to death by the Church, but were executed by (historically well known) Kings, Emperors, or foreigners as they went out to preach about Jesus across the world. There are over 35,700 surviving manuscripts from the year 100-150AD that are exact to the words of the New Testament today, and hundreds more from the 3rd, 4th, 5th centuries. There are more surviving copies of the New Testament than any other Greco-Roman Literature out there.

Just another knife about the Islamic lie of the corruption of the Bible are the Dead Sea Scroll findings which prove that the Old Testament is identical from thousands of years ago as it is today.

I agree that the New Testament is far better attested than any other literature from ancient history; however, where did you get the number 35,700 surviving manuscripts from 100-150AD?? I was under the impression that there are only a handful of surviving manuscripts from that time, most of which are tiny fragments of only a few lines of text. I understand that the oldest extant complete copy of the New Testament is from the 4th century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

20,049 posts, read 13,516,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
I agree that the New Testament is far better attested than any other literature from ancient history; however, where did you get the number 35,700 surviving manuscripts from 100-150AD?? I was under the impression that there are only a handful of surviving manuscripts from that time, most of which are tiny fragments of only a few lines of text. I understand that the oldest extant complete copy of the New Testament is from the 4th century.
I didn't take him to be claiming there are intact manuscripts that far back, but rather than the extant fragments don't suggest massive corruption of the text over time. Because if he's claiming there are intact manuscripts that old, he'd be lying.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM

2,784 posts, read 2,680,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
We don't even know if Adam and Eve were real,
they were real
we are the output of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The Council of Nicaea had absolutely NOTHING to do with which books went into the NT. [/url]

Council of Nicaea

Council decisions and their results:
After the attendees discussed their opinions in that council, they came out with a report on the divinity of Christ, peace be upon him, and that he is the Son of God - according to their claim - that is, from the essence of God, and that he is equal to God Almighty, and that he was born from Him, not created. God is greatly exalted above what they say.
They also decided that this god was incarnated in the form of humans. To save people, then he rose to heaven after his resurrection from the dead.

Arius and his followers were cursed and his books were burned.
Many of those gathered signed these decisions

because Constantine supported them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God did not reveal a book to Jesus.
God revealed the words of the book

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

33,296 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post

Council of Nicaea

Council decisions and their results:
After the attendees discussed their opinions in that council, they came out with a report on the divinity of Christ, peace be upon him, and that he is the Son of God - according to their claim - that is, from the essence of God, and that he is equal to God Almighty, and that he was born from Him, not created. God is greatly exalted above what they say.
They also decided that this god was incarnated in the form of humans. To save people, then he rose to heaven after his resurrection from the dead.

Arius and his followers were cursed and his books were burned.
Many of those gathered signed these decisions

because Constantine supported them.
Your claim was that the Council of Nicaea decided which books went into the New Testament. It did not. Your new unsupported claim in no way changes that fact.

Nor did the Council of Nicaea invent the deity, or the incarnation, or the resurrection of Jesus. All of which were believed by the church long before AD 325. What the Council of Nicaea attempted to do was to settle the argument raised by Arius concerning the nature of Jesus.

Get your 'facts' straight before making claims that are easily refuted.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

45,613 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:

God revealed the words of the book
No.

John1:1-2 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14-15 - And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’”

Old Today, 02:41 AM

23,195 posts, read 10,478,178 times
Quote:
The Gospel of Jesus

A fundamental question must be answered: Where did the Gospel of Jesus disappear?

God revealed to Jesus a book, which is the Gospel.

Likewise, the Gospel of Jesus, peace be upon him, was mentioned in the Gospel of Mark, chapter one, paragraphs 14-15:

“And after John was arrested, Jesus set out for the Galilee region, preaching the Gospel of God, saying: The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand, so repent and believe in the Gospel.”

In the Gospel of Matthew, in the fourth chapter, it says:
“Jesus was traveling throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom,” meaning calling for the Gospel. There is no doubt that none of the four Gospels is the Gospel that was revealed to Jesus, peace be upon him, because they were not written until after his death.

So where did the Gospel go? Why did these Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) survive?

To answer this question, we must know the role of Christian councils in approving whatever beliefs they want, abolishing what they want, and confiscating and even annihilating the letters and gospels that oppose those beliefs. This explains the disappearance of not only the Gospel of Jesus, but also the disappearance of other Gospels written by his followers and disciples. ,

This is because the Christians brought what they had of these books and presented them to the Council of Nicaea - in the year 325 AD - which in turn selected these four Gospels, and ordered the destruction and burning of all the others, and from the Gospels that were known at that time.

In addition to the Gospel of Jesus, peace be upon him
The Gospel of Remembrance, the Gospel of James, the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Peter, the Gospel of Philip, the Gospel of Barnabas, and many other Gospels, which were sentenced to death by the church, so why is it known where they are? Or what he did to her?
There was no gospel of Jesus that got lost, gospel os the same word as truth

I dont find anywhere where it insinuates a gospel of Christ, I could probably find scripture why he wouldn't have authored such a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity