Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times

Advertisements

A wise older woman told me today that it is important to pray for those that you dislike/hate. Because the power of prayer, focusing positively on the person you dislike changes your mindset on them.

Once your mindset starts to change the other person you dislike will pick up on subtle positive differences and it helps your relationship improve.

She also said that you can't hate/dislike someone that you pray for.

Bottomline is that she felt that it was an integral part of being a follower of Jesus to pray for those you dislike/hate as it helps soothe your own soul.

Just thought I'd share this as I thought it was interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
A wise older woman told me today that it is important to pray for those that you dislike/hate. Because the power of prayer, focusing positively on the person you dislike changes your mindset on them.

Once your mindset starts to change the other person you dislike will pick up on subtle positive differences and it helps your relationship improve.

She also said that you can't hate/dislike someone that you pray for.

Bottomline is that she felt that it was an integral part of being a follower of Jesus to pray for those you dislike/hate as it helps soothe your own soul.

Just thought I'd share this as I thought it was interesting.
Yes. Absolutely.
Even those who have harmed you or yours, and have no repentance about it, whatsoever. Because one day they WILL see the error of their ways, and God will help heal them. It is not always easy to do. But, in so doing, you can help heal your own heart.

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

171 posts, read 31,345 times
Those are actually the people God wants us to pray for, in my interpretation of scripture.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,383,053 times
Yes Quakerbaker - it is indeed very important, both for their good, and your own. "the prayer of the righteous availith much...." and "pray always....".
As you become closer/united to Christ, you will, as He does - come to even love ALL,
even sinners,
as HE DOES - and will for them also to be united with Christ!

Old Today, 09:08 AM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
"Pray without ceasing..."

Old Today, 11:55 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Jesus said to pray for your enemies.

I don't know exactly what you should pray for your enemies to do or not do... but you should pray for them.

Old Today, 12:40 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
I use this one:

"Peace and harmony for them my God, you send them peace and harmony...because they really need it. And keep me in peace and harmony dear God, in peace and harmony... "

It works.

Old Today, 02:54 PM

171 posts, read 31,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Jesus said to pray for your enemies.

I don't know exactly what you should pray for your enemies to do or not do... but you should pray for them.
On the contrary, I think we should know exactly how to pray for our enemies.

Old Today, 03:36 PM

23,158 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yes. Absolutely.
Even those who have harmed you or yours, and have no repentance about it, whatsoever. Because one day they WILL see the error of their ways, and God will help heal them. It is not always easy to do. But, in so doing, you can help heal your own heart.
Yup.

Old Today, 03:42 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I am praying for Christian Nationalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity