Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 07:51 PM

63,941 posts, read 40,218,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
But you are just talking about inner beliefs, as opposed to the spirituality of a person's behavior. It doesn't seem to have any meaning. It's just words.
Your Spirit is all about the "inner you" which determines what and why you do what you do. It reflects what kind of Spirit you are BECOMING. What kind of Spirit can believe that eternal unending torment can be justified for ANY REASON? A fearful self-centered Spirit trying to avoid such an implausible Eternal Hell (or gain some undefined rewards in Heaven) is NOT an agape-loving Spirit like Jesus. Such a Spirit is only concerned about itself, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 06:50 PM

75 posts, read 14,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your Spirit is all about the "inner you" which determines what and why you do what you do. It reflects what kind of Spirit you are BECOMING. What kind of Spirit can believe that eternal unending torment can be justified for ANY REASON? A fearful self-centered Spirit trying to avoid such an implausible Eternal Hell (or gain some undefined rewards in Heaven) is NOT an agape-loving Spirit like Jesus. Such a Spirit is only concerned about itself, IMO.
Your version of a persons spirit is in conflict with the spirit Jesus spoke of.

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

Of course being a mystic your understanding is hard to deny so you pass things off as not being in the “mind of Christ.” But the mind of Christ thing can be manipulated into whatever a person wants.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:08 PM

185 posts, read 39,169 times
The words of Christ are the entire Bible.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:26 AM

63,941 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

Of course being a mystic your understanding is hard to deny so you pass things off as not being in the “mind of Christ.” But the mind of Christ thing can be manipulated into whatever a person wants.
No it cannot. The "mind of Christ" is unambiguous and was revealed and demonstrated under the worst possible circumstances by a tortured and dying Jesus. There is no possibility of confusing the "mind of Christ" with anyone's personal preferences. "Father forgive them they know not what they do"

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Old 04-23-2024, 01:06 AM

17,845 posts, read 13,763,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
False
You are correct. There is no such thing as a shark without teeth.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:01 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,993,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
The words of Christ are the entire Bible.
Some people refer to John 3:16 as the Bible in minature:

For God love the world so much that He gave His only-begotten Son so that everyone who exercises faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

- John 6:40; John 20:31; 1st John 5:13

Old 04-24-2024, 08:01 PM

75 posts, read 14,301 times
Quote:
No it cannot. The "mind of Christ" is unambiguous and was revealed and demonstrated under the worst possible circumstances by a tortured and dying Jesus. There is no possibility of confusing the "mind of Christ" with anyone's personal preferences. "Father forgive them they know not what they do"

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.
You do know Jesus spoke in riddles, don’t you? What man thinks is forgiving is not what God thinks. Who was Jesus speaking of there? He could have been speaking of those who use God’s word that they would be able to hear it. He may not have been speaking about His persecutors at all.

Jesus had so much more to say than just that one verse. His sole purpose was to spread the truth, God’s word. He said so Himself in many different ways.

“Your ways are not my ways nor are are your thoughts my thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that’s how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.”

“The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth.”

“I came so my sheep would have life…”

“The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

“Father, your word is truth.”

Old 04-24-2024, 08:07 PM

Quote:
“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”...............................
Yes, God's spirit gives life - Psalm 104:30; Acts 17:28; Job 33:4
At death one's spirit ( it ) goes back to God - Ecclesiastes 12:7 B
As a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but it is simply returned to the hands of the owner.
Any future life for the house thus now lies in the hands of the owner.
So, any future life ( resurrection for the dead ) now lies in God's safe hands - Acts 24:15

Old 04-24-2024, 08:12 PM

Quote:
.................................................. .................................................. ..................
Jesus had so much more to say than just that one verse. His sole purpose was to spread the truth, God’s word. He said so Himself in many different ways.
“Your ways are not my ways nor are are your thoughts my thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that’s how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.”
“The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth.”
“I came so my sheep would have life…”
“The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”
“Father, your word is truth.”
I find Jesus also said that Scripture is religious truth at John 17:17.
Truth about the 'sheep' as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37,40

Old 04-24-2024, 10:28 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,395,861 times
Quote:
The concept of belief in God as accepting a specific set of "precepts and doctrines of men" that please God and avoid some implausible Eternal Hell is incredibly myopic and misguided, IMO. First of all, it is incredibly self-centered and focused on "What happens to me?" This is exacerbated by the emphasis on rewards and punishments purportedly dispensed by God.

Our savage primitive ancestors needed to be "tamed and civilized." Using anticipation of reward and fear of a wrathful and punishing God worked, but it instilled such a long-lasting fear of God we have failed to outgrow it. It also instilled a deep sense of unworthiness in us ("filthy rags") that colored our relationship with God negatively. The resultant interpreted beliefs about God and His attitude toward us were indelibly corrupted.

The inevitability of this self-centered corruption from the fear of God is why Jesus was always intended to be needed from the foundation of the world. That is why the Birth of Jesus was the "Good tidings of great joy to all people." It is why Abraham was pleased to see His coming (notice the implication that Abraham is not "dead.") No one is. What we call "death" is the Birth of Spirit Jesus tried unsuccessfully to explain to Nicodemus. What we "sow" is not quickened until we "die." (1st Corinthians 15: 35-36)

Before Jesus's "death" as a human Spirit, there was no place in Heaven for Abraham and those who preceded Jesus. They were in a kind of limbo (prison?). Jesus's "born again" human Spirit is identical to God's Holy Spirit and He created a place for all "born again" human Spirits as He promised. That is what saved us, NOT His crucifixion. The Cross was His "dying" message that God loves and forgives us no matter what we do in our ignorance and we need not fear "death." That is why He wanted us to remember Him on the Cross. We managed to screw that up and missed the point completely.
Great point Mystic! too soon!

Jesus CAME and brought life - and a MORE full life (John 10:10) - and His Kingdom is Here NOW, in our midst!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity