Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 04:26 AM

717 posts, read 227,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Don't get too wrapped up in this stuff, Mark (sounds like it might be too late). You're opening yourself up for a world of hurt when nothing pans out like what happened to me. I was up to my neck in this prophecy stuff as far back as 1970 when LGPE was all the rage and the prophecy pimps came out of the woodwork with thousands of books modeled after Lindsey's work all jockeying for their cut of the loot floating around out there. Grant Jeffrey, Salem Kirban, Mary Stuart Relfe, Tim LaHaye, Jim McKeever, et all ---the Dirty Dozen as we came to call them, all gone to that great Prophecy Convention Hall in the sky. 38 years later in 2008 after the latest failed prophecy of the rapture I called it quits cold turkey and haven't paid a bit of attention to all the Rosh Hashanas since. I feel pretty confident 38 years from now when you're still here looking up at the sky and wondering where in the heck Jesus on his shining horse is you'll pretty much be doing the same thing. Good luck.
I'm sure David Wilkerson was on your list of doomers as well. He said in 1975 to get a good, reliable used car and stick with it. I expected the 2nd coming no later than 1980 myself. Now, I think, why the obsession with the 2nd coming? There is a 99.99% chance a blood clot or auto accident will get you face to face with Jesus sooner vs. His coming back.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:56 AM

20,231 posts, read 13,641,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1980 View Post
I read in several Christian prophecies on Polish YT channels,
that in the midst of World War 3, another pandemic, famine, and major earthquakes around the world, the so-called "Great Tribulation,"
all people in the world will get "Warning"..
It will be something like a dream, lasting one hour, where you will see your whole life, and all the good and bad things you have done, you will know that God is speaking to you, and you will be aware of everything and remember everything.
You will see the consequences of the bad things and sins you have done, and a sample of the dark worlds, the so-called "hell". It will also show you what the bright dimensions, the so-called "heaven", look like.
You will be given an explanation as to why this situation has occurred in the world. It is about purifying the souls of all people on Earth.
God will give all people the opportunity to choose the path of light or the path of darkness.
After this warning, half of humanity will decide to follow the light, the spiritual, the rest will return in a few weeks to the path of sin and pleasure.. to their old life.
Only after this warning, the shadow government of the world will send its representative, the so-called “anti-christ”…with their offer of a contract and a chip to the body, in exchange for a basic income and some food.
All people in the world will know the consequences of their choice.
Aaaaand there it is ... equating the current (real) problems in the world with the tribulation. I expected it to show up pretty soon here. On the fringe, like this, at first, then after a time in the mainstream of Darbyist Christianity (Darby invented the rapture and what has now become the fundamentalist understanding of the tribulation back in the 1830s; it wasn't the way Christianity understood those passages before, so it's a young set of doctrines in terms of church history).

Next up: current world problems don't have actual causes that we might be well-advised to substantively address; they are god's judgment. So REPENT!!!

Old 04-07-2024, 01:09 AM

23,294 posts, read 10,606,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I'm sure David Wilkerson was on your list of doomers as well. He said in 1975 to get a good, reliable used car and stick with it. I expected the 2nd coming no later than 1980 myself. Now, I think, why the obsession with the 2nd coming? There is a 99.99% chance a blood clot or auto accident will get you face to face with Jesus sooner vs. His coming back.
Sounds like me, let's hurry up and get on the roof and not come down.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:34 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,029,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misser View Post
you want a warning ?? Revelation 18:4
Good one ^ above ^ because all need to get out of Babylon the Great - Rev. 18:4-7 because she sits as some sort of ' religious queen ' who thinks she will never see sorrow or mourning.

She can't be the political world because she is in bed, so to speak, with the political.
She can't be the commercial business world because the merchants mourn her loss.
She can be the religious world in opposition to God and Christ Jesus.
As the ancient people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their non-biblical religious practices and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:36 AM

7,513 posts, read 4,267,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1980 View Post
I read in several Christian prophecies on Polish YT channels,
that in the midst of World War 3, another pandemic, famine, and major earthquakes around the world, the so-called "Great Tribulation,"
all people in the world will get "Warning"..
It will be something like a dream, lasting one hour, where you will see your whole life, and all the good and bad things you have done, you will know that God is speaking to you, and you will be aware of everything and remember everything.
You will see the consequences of the bad things and sins you have done, and a sample of the dark worlds, the so-called "hell". It will also show you what the bright dimensions, the so-called "heaven", look like.
You will be given an explanation as to why this situation has occurred in the world. It is about purifying the souls of all people on Earth.
God will give all people the opportunity to choose the path of light or the path of darkness.
After this warning, half of humanity will decide to follow the light, the spiritual, the rest will return in a few weeks to the path of sin and pleasure.. to their old life.
Only after this warning, the shadow government of the world will send its representative, the so-called “anti-christ”…with their offer of a contract and a chip to the body, in exchange for a basic income and some food.
All people in the world will know the consequences of their choice.
Honey, I talk to my relatives living in Poland.

Poland is on the front line of the Ukraine-Russian War and wondering when the war will come to Poland.

Polish farmers have been losing money from the massive influx of cheap Ukrainian grain. Poland has taken on Ukrainian refugees driving up their national debt and apartment prices. As a society, Poland is experiencing upheaval.

And, unfortunately, people - so called Christian prophets are using these upheavals to make a name for themselves.

In a crisis, the snake oil salesmen come out with droves.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:10 AM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Honey, I talk to my relatives living in Poland.

Poland is on the front line of the Ukraine-Russian War and wondering when the war will come to Poland.

Polish farmers have been losing money from the massive influx of cheap Ukrainian grain. Poland has taken on Ukrainian refugees driving up their national debt and apartment prices. As a society, Poland is experiencing upheaval.

And, unfortunately, people - so called Christian prophets are using these upheavals to make a name for themselves.

In a crisis, the snake oil salesmen come out in droves.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:18 AM

45,837 posts, read 27,483,470 times
God will soon give us a "Warning"

The book of Revelation is the warning.

Seems like people have the idea that the world is supposed to be good, and when dark clouds of war and societal changes for the worse occur - then the end is near.

The fact is world isn't good and these negative events have happened over time forever and will continue to occur until the last day.

I can definitely see the technology and some events heading in the direction of what's described in Revelation - but it is beyond my pay grade to interpret God's schedule.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:33 AM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Seems like people have the idea that the world is supposed to be good, and when dark clouds of war and societal changes for the worse occur - then the end is near.

The fact is world isn't good and these negative events have happened over time forever and will continue to occur until the last day.

I can definitely see the technology and some events heading in the direction of what's described in Revelation - but it is beyond my pay grade to interpret God's schedule.
Warnings are for things that the "Warner" cannot control or alter. What can God NOT control or change at will? God is NOT causing what He is warning us about. We are! We do not have the ability or authority to divine or predict the future. But we are responsible for trying to conduct ourselves in ways that will avoid negative outcomes.

Old 04-09-2024, 01:11 PM

11,972 posts, read 3,793,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I agree Rob

The technology itself isn’t evil or good though, It’s more our misuse of the technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Warnings are for things that the "Warner" cannot control or alter. What can God NOT control or change at will? God is NOT causing what He is warning us about. We are! We do not have the ability or authority to divine or predict the future. But we are responsible for trying to conduct ourselves in ways that will avoid negative outcomes.
Yes, that’s right

I believe each region is reaping what they have sown previously

Christianity is not better than society, it is really ‘people’ called out of their societies who witness what their societies and communities have become over time

The eyes, ears, feet are external and are earthly through ‘Adam’ and they observe and witness the conditions ‘down here’ that we currently live in

All the different sects and factions report this from their own views and perspectives

This is what Matthew 24 was looking forward to and writing about, and also John writing to the churches in Revelation was speaking of too

There is an identity crisis gong on where people have been and are constantly bombarded with what to do, how to behave, what clothes to wear, what religion to belong to, etc that the inner self has no peace as it’s trying to conform to society or react to the pressures of society

Mat 6:30**Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31**Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32**(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33**But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34**Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

This isn’t talking about our literal clothes or food or drink, and it’s not saying not to take care of our own families, communities, etc

1Pe 1:24**For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

Old 04-24-2024, 12:23 AM

58 posts, read 17,955 times
Default 4 Biblical Warnings You Must Stop Ignoring! | Sins to Reject!

4 Biblical Warnings You Must Stop Ignoring! | Sins that must be forsaken! God wants us to do what is right, guided by Christian principles, and avoid sin and sinful behavior that leads to evil. This message is one of the foundations of our faith and a guide that helps us maintain spiritual health and closeness to God.

There are many counsels and warnings against sin in the Bible. This is not a random message. God loves us unconditionally and wants us to have a blessed and meaningful life. However, sin separates us from God and prevents us from fulfilling His plan for us.

Sin can take many different forms, from small everyday sins to more serious deeds. Regardless of the type of sin, it is destructive to us and to others. It creates barriers in our relationships with other people, confuses our hearts and leads to suffering.

However, God gives us tools to avoid sin. His word, the Bible, is the source of wisdom and spiritual strength. Prayer is our means of communication with God, through which we can ask Him for support and forgiveness when we make mistakes. The Christian community, the church, is a place where we can strengthen each other in faith and try to live a more Christian life.

Let us remember that God not only warns us against sin, but also encourages us to love, mercy and serve others. Jesus Christ, our role model, taught us how to live a life of love and compassion. By following His teachings, we can not only avoid sin, but also do good to others and make positive changes in the world.

It is important to remember that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. However, our desire to live in accordance with God's will and our willingness to turn from sin are evidence of our faithfulness and love for Him. God wants us to be righteous and Christian people, ready to avoid sin and sinful behavior that leads to evil.

God's love is one of the most important and beautiful aspects of our Christian faith. This feeling is deep, unconditional and lastingly strong. God loves us regardless of our faults, weaknesses and sins. It is a love that surpasses our understanding and is a gift that gives us strength, hope and self-esteem.

As humans, when we look at our lives and achievements, we often experience volatility and uncertainty. We may feel unfulfilled, not perfect enough, or lost in our daily struggles. In these moments, however, God reminds us of his love. His love is constant, unchanging and unwavering. He loves us as we are and regardless of our sins.

God expressed his love in the most perfect way by sending Jesus Christ into the world. Jesus, the Son of God, came into the world to teach, to heal, and to offer his life as a ransom for our sins. It is an act of supreme love in which God showed us how much he loves us. Jesus said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

God is always present in our lives, ready for our conversion and forgiveness. His love is a source of comfort and hope in difficult times. When we feel lonely, lost, or burdened by mistakes, we can trust that God loves us no matter what. His love is so powerful that it can heal our wounds.

The Bible is the Holy Scripture that conveys the gospel of Jesus Christ and teaches us repentance and faith. The Church is a community of believers where we experience God's mercy and receive the sacrament of baptism, a symbol of the miracle of conversion and forgiveness. Spirituality and prayer connect us to the Soul that loves us unconditionally. Humility leads us to holiness and worship of God. The Holy Spirit is our guide of faith and the cross is the sign of redemption. We form faith through prayer and the Holy Scriptures, which show love as the true Truth of life

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9pdpSI-sA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity