Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 06:47 PM

68 posts, read 11,255 times

Advertisements

Jesus said that only the Father knows the son.

Where does that leave you?

Did Jesus make a mistake?

I think not.

Could you have been deceived?

For sure.

“No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whoever the son will reveal Him.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2024, 06:49 PM

4,859 posts, read 450,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post

I think not.

For sure.

“No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whoever the son will reveal Him.”
You just contradicted yourself. I have seen what a worthless TROLL you are, in here. That's all the time I have for you. Click. Ignore.

Old 01-18-2024, 09:17 PM

68 posts, read 11,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
You just contradicted yourself. I have seen what a worthless TROLL you are, in here. That's all the time I have for you. Click. Ignore.
No. What is in the bold print is speaking of knowing the Father. Only the Father knows the son as Jesus stated.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:48 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

I think not.

For sure.

Jesus reveled who He is on the Cross and that also revealed who the Father IS. That is why we are told to remember Him on the Cross. There can be no doubt about His agape love and forgiveness toward us under those horrendously savage and brutal circumstances!!! What can you imagine would be worse than that to arouse God's nonexistent wrath or vengeance??? "Father forgive them they know not what they do"!

Old 01-19-2024, 03:31 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Believe that you need to seek the face of God with confidence of faith to know Him ..... Jesus was taking to He disciples who were barely saved as most people of Israel in those days before the cross of Christ were not born again in Christ and again were just barely saved ........... When reading the Word of God, people need to understand the timeline of scripture, which can affect what was fact after the cross of Christ and other stories of the Bible

Old 01-19-2024, 07:12 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
Be careful about using that word that begins with " T" and ends with " roll ".
It's a no no.
I speak from experience

In fact there are many more offensive words that you can employ, that are quite ok.

Old 01-19-2024, 07:19 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:

I think not.

For sure.

Have you read the rest of the passage? The rest of the book?

Old 01-19-2024, 08:07 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
This is heavy edited from Wikipedia. As to prove Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, Marcion of Sinope is quoted. Unfortunately, this Wikipedia page doesn't not mention that Marcion was a heretic and excommunicated.

Here goes:

Quote:
Matthew 11:27

In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Commentary from the Church Fathers

Hilary of Poitiers: "Or that we may not think that there is any thing less in Him than in God, therefore He says this."

Augustine: "For if He has aught less in His power than the Father has, then all that the Father has, are not His; for by begetting Him the Father gave power to the Son, as by begetting Him He gave all things which He has in His substance to Him whom He begot of His substance."
Father but the Son."

Chrysostom: "By this that He only knows the Father, He shows covertly that He is of one substance with the Father. As though He had said, What wonder if I be Lord of all, when I have somewhat yet greater, namely to know the Father and to be of the same substance with Him?"

Hilary of Poitiers: "For this mutual knowledge proclaims that they are of one substance, since He that should know the Son, should know the Father also in the Son, since all things were delivered to Him by the Father."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthe...20reveal%20him.

Basically, what I get from these theological quotes is the Father and Son are one God, of one substance, not two separate Gods. We can't know the Father and the Son without Jesus who reveals God to us.

Quote:
Chrysostom: "When He says, Neither does any know the Father but the Son, He does not mean that all men are altogether ignorant of Him; but that none knows Him with that knowledge wherewith He knows Him; which may also be said of the Son. For it is not said of some unknown God as Marcion declares."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthe...20reveal%20him.

Translation: Chrysostom said "For it is not said of some unknown God as Marcion declares" meaning that Marcion believed Jesus said no one could know God before Himself thereby nullifying the entire Old Testament. I must say that there is something in Marcion's heresy - however untrue Marcion was.

Last edited by YorktownGal; 01-19-2024 at 08:16 AM..

Old 01-19-2024, 08:40 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus reveled who He is on the Cross and that also revealed who the Father IS. That is why we are told to remember Him on the Cross. There can be no doubt about His agape love and forgiveness toward us under those horrendously savage and brutal circumstances!!! What can you imagine would be worse than that to arouse God's nonexistent wrath or vengeance??? "Father forgive them they know not what they do"!
Well said!

Old 01-19-2024, 11:10 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Could you have been deceived? For sure.
Yeah sure, genius. Hope that plastic soapbox doesn't shatter too drastically for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity