Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 11:40 AM

11,972 posts, read 3,790,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Dang the bad luck, I guess Onefortruth took his secret hidden knowledge about Jesus and moved on. No chance of us knowing Jesus now.
Rolf

Old 01-26-2024, 08:26 PM

75 posts, read 15,331 times
Quote:
Ok let's hear it, tell me how your code unlocks the parables of the sower, of the wheat and tares, the mustard seed and the leaven?

I mean, I am going to point out the fact that these are the Barley harvest, the wheat harvest and the oil and wine harvest which are the 3 main holy days of the temple.

What does your code say?

It's a great secret huh.
The code is known by those who keep God’s word and the merciful.

Old 01-27-2024, 12:49 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,603,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post
The code is known by those who keep God’s word and the merciful.
Is that right, so it's a secret to the rest of us schmoes, the great and awesome code huh, well, best keep a secret, that's what God would want.

Old 01-27-2024, 07:03 PM

75 posts, read 15,331 times
Quote:
Is that right, so it's a secret to the rest of us schmoes, the great and awesome code huh, well, best keep a secret, that's what God would want.
He does want His secrets kept.

“The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants, the Prophets.”

Old 01-28-2024, 07:18 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,603,542 times
Quote:
He does want His secrets kept.

“The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants, the Prophets.”
Dude, we are just a bunch of friends who come here and share, we that have been here every day after day for years, you know how many geniuses we have seen run through this forum pretending to know some great code or secret information about God? People want recognition and for what? To what end?

If you do know something special and you keep it to yourself, what good is that?

Its uncalled for vanity is what it is, so why dont you drop your great performance and act like a normal person?

Proverbs

Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb,
But to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

Like a bird that wanders from its nest
Is a man who wanders from his place.

Ointment and perfume delight the heart,
And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel.

Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend,
Nor go to your brother’s house in the day of your calamity;
Better is a neighbor nearby than a brother far away.

My son, be wise, and make my heart
And a contentious woman are alike;
Whoever restrains her restrains the wind,
And grasps oil with his right hand.

As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friends.
Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat its fruit;
So he who waits on his master will be honored.

As in water face reflects face,
So a man’s heart reveals the man.

Do you really have inside information about God. I gotta tell you, it's very hard not to post a clip from lord of the rings..

MY PRECIOUS, MY PRECIOUS LOL, What's dude's name Gullam? Yea, that's you.

My precious lol, you, can we hear a growl and some showing of teeth lol.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:12 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,423,854 times
Quote:
Jesus said that only the Father knows the son.

Where does that leave you?

Did Jesus make a mistake?

I think not.

Could you have been deceived?

For sure.

“No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whoever the son will reveal Him.”
Everything about God is foolishness to the natural man to the point that there is absolutely no convincing him of the reality of God. I believe when Jesus speaks it hits a chord and resonates with something within us that can only be described has deep calling unto deep. These moments leave an imprint on us that never depart from us and create in us a deep down desire to know him.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:8

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way. Luke 24:32

Old 04-18-2024, 08:48 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,449,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Everything about God is foolishness to the natural man to the point that there is absolutely no convincing him of the reality of God. I believe when Jesus speaks it hits a chord and resonates with something within us that can only be described has deep calling unto deep. These moments leave an imprint on us that never depart from us and create in us a deep down desire to know him.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:8

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way. Luke 24:32
Yes, we'll always be carrying that "natural man" around with us on this earth, which is trying to convince us that we aren't hearing what we think we are, that it's too good to be true, or that it can't be true for us, at least. But when it says deep is calling to deep, I think that means that God is calling to the Spirit of God which is knit together with our own spirit.

That is, I believe, what Paul meant when he said, "His purpose in all this was that people of every culture and religion would search for this ultimate God, grope for Him in the darkness, as it were, hoping to find Him. Yet, in truth, God is not far from any of us."

Old 04-18-2024, 09:01 AM

16,046 posts, read 6,419,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, we'll always be carrying that "natural man" around with us on this earth, which is trying to convince us that we aren't hearing what we think we are, that it's too good to be true, or that it can't be true for us, at least. But when it says deep is calling to deep, I think that means that God is calling to the Spirit of God which is knit together with our own spirit.

That is, I believe, what Paul meant when he said, "His purpose in all this was that people of every culture and religion would search for this ultimate God, grope for Him in the darkness, as it were, hoping to find Him. Yet, in truth, God is not far from any of us."
Hi Pleroo

Old 04-18-2024, 09:06 AM

11,241 posts, read 7,293,826 times
Quote:
Jesus said that only the Father knows the son. Where does that leave you?
Did Jesus make a mistake? I think not. Could you have been deceived? For sure. “No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whoever the son will reveal Him.”
Well, you obviously know neither God nor Christ. Good luck wandering around away from the path.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:25 AM

12,091 posts, read 6,632,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

This ^^^ beautifully-stated !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity