Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 02:22 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times

Advertisements

Hitler and those that have committed worse sins will go to a greater punishment than those that have committed lesser sins but all who have rejected Jeus will go to hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 09:13 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
No one goes to the lake of fire because of their sins because Jesus died for our sins. The Bible does suggest that there are degrees of punishment, but not because of sins. Rather, those who had greater revelation concerning Jesus and still rejected him will have greater punishment. But nothing like being boiled in oil or whatever else your imagination can come up with. More I think like mental anguish for having rejected Jesus.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:25 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Hitler and those that have committed worse sins will go to a greater punishment than those that have committed lesser sins but all who have rejected Jeus will go to hell
Well, according to churches (but not stated in the Bible). They love to add to and create extraneous "teachings" to control and dominate some, and demonize others.

Jesus talked about "he without sin cast the first stone". You need to drop your stone or boulder. Sin is sin. God dislikes your sins just like Hitler's and anyone else's. You (and me) are not better than anyone else on this planet; past / present / future.

We don't need armchair, rock-throwing, bogus 'christianity'. We need authentic, modeling Jesus, loving others, doing good, being fruitful and productive genuine Christians and Christianity.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-26-2023 at 10:41 AM..

Old 10-26-2023, 10:28 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
What about the people who neither accepted Him nor rejected Him, because they were never exposed to His gospel?

Old 10-26-2023, 03:05 PM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Hitler and those that have committed worse sins will go to a greater punishment than those that have committed lesser sins. but all who have rejected Jesus will go to hell
That my dear is called purgatory.

Old 10-26-2023, 03:20 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
That my dear is called purgatory.
Can you provide me with any evidence of the existence of purgatory?

Old 10-26-2023, 03:35 PM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Can you provide me with any evidence of the existence of purgatory?
Just Dante from his depictions of Hell, Purgatory and Heaven.

Probably, Saint Thomas Aquinas. Once I read his Summa Theologica, I'll let you know!

Most people are not completely sinful or a living saint. As a result, judgement is not a black or white matter, there are degrees of grey. People's sins determines their level of Purgatory. If we are in the grey area, we are allow to progress in Purgatory. As we learn truths, see the errors of our lives on earth and grow closer to God, we enter Heaven.

Still, it's a widely held belief in Catholic and Orthodox Churches. As for Biblical support, I doubt there is any. However, I find Purgatory to be a comforting idea.

EDIT - perhaps the Bible support is

Quote:
John 14:2-3

2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Maybe the many mansions is the level of Purgatory?

Last edited by YorktownGal; 10-26-2023 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-27-2023, 09:27 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Hitler and those that have committed worse sins will go to a greater punishment than those that have committed lesser sins, ...
Do you have a Bible passage that supports such an idea?

The poems of Dante Alighieri are NOT a source document.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:36 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one goes to the lake of fire because of their sins because Jesus died for our sins. The Bible does suggest that there are degrees of punishment, but not because of sins. Rather, those who had greater revelation concerning Jesus and still rejected him will have greater punishment. But nothing like being boiled in oil or whatever else your imagination can come up with. More I think like mental anguish for having rejected Jesus.
What is considered to be revelation in this context? And come to think of it, what is considered rejection?

Old 10-27-2023, 10:46 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
What verse says that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity