Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 02:08 PM

64,009 posts, read 40,312,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I don’t think you and mystic are going to be able to come to an agreement because you are ‘called’ in/via totally different ‘ways’

These are just my observations and questions:-

But who is being saved from what?

Salvation is healing at the internal level and it frees us to do our own small part in Gods eternal kingdom that you and I both acknowledge, and from what I can understand it was Prophecied in the Hebrew Scriptures and it’s in the 1st century where it gets seeded in ‘the earth’ through Jesus

It is our own individual response to the gospel that leads us away from the various pre-existing religious entities that have and will ‘lord’ it over this physical/temporal realm/dimension

Mystic has no allegiance to any temporal religious authorities down here

You, me, anyone brought up in the traditions of Christianity have an inheritance down here religiously and we have an obligation because of that inheritance to work with the documents left via ‘the fathers’

Mystic’s trajectory is eastern Buddhist/atheist to free in a western land (America)

Yours is ?? to non-denominational

Mine is Presbyterian—- >>> Pentecostal ——>>> free (in NZ)
I agree with the bold. But I think Michael and I just want to make sure it isn't because we do not understand each other. I believe that Christians focused on what they believe are misguided. It is what their beliefs are causing them to BECOME that matters to God, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 02:38 PM

191 posts, read 43,229 times
The faith which saves is not a single act done on a certain day.
- Charles Spurgeon

Old 04-09-2024, 02:47 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,612,687 times
Quote:
I don’t think you and mystic are going to be able to come to an agreement because you are ‘called’ in/via totally different ‘ways’

These are just my observations and questions:-

But who is being saved from what?

Salvation is healing at the internal level and it frees us to do our own small part in Gods eternal kingdom that you and I both acknowledge, and from what I can understand it was Prophecied in the Hebrew Scriptures and it’s in the 1st century where it gets seeded in ‘the earth’ through Jesus

It is our own individual response to the gospel that leads us away from the various pre-existing religious entities that have and will ‘lord’ it over this physical/temporal realm/dimension

Mystic has no allegiance to any temporal religious authorities down here

You, me, anyone brought up in the traditions of Christianity have an inheritance down here religiously and we have an obligation because of that inheritance to work with the documents left via ‘the fathers’

Mystic’s trajectory is eastern Buddhist/atheist to free in a western land (America)

Yours is ?? to non-denominational

Mine is Presbyterian—- >>> Pentecostal ——>>> free (in NZ)
Obviously we are never going to agree. I believe what the NT says about salvation and he doesn't. And never the twain shall meet.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:50 PM

17,876 posts, read 13,811,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
- Charles Spurgeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
- Charles Spurgeon
Sounds like Charles wasn't a "sinner's prayer" guy...

Or maybe he wasn't on board with "once saved always saved"...

As far as the topic...

I've always been curious about how much the works of Dante influenced the "levels of hell" concept.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sounds like Charles wasn't a "sinner's prayer" guy...

Or maybe he wasn't on board with "once saved always saved"...

As far as the topic...

I've always been curious about how much the works of Dante influenced the "levels of hell" concept.
Dante has been an amplifying negative influence on the misperception of God and our relationship with God. It has been a travesty of primitive ignorance, human vanity, hubris, and lack of self-esteem, IMO.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:31 PM

11,940 posts, read 3,766,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Obviously we are never going to agree. I believe what the NT says about salvation and he doesn't. And never the twain shall meet.

That’s because of our very human limitations intellectually and emotionally, and I think it’s because you and I understand the design of composition referred to in ‘the writings’ how the earthly/spiritual is bound within a body, and that composition makes ‘the soul’ and that’s where our consciousness is (I’m not saying it’s absolute but it’s what I think you and I have agreed on before)

However big or small the entities being referred to are - there is basic elemental ‘composition’

I think this factors into what is being discussed on the ‘ The Life Before in Literature and in the Scriptures’ regarding ‘the creation’

Where he imagines a free spirit totally divorced from the earthly

Last edited by Meerkat2; 04-09-2024 at 03:43 PM..

Old 04-09-2024, 03:43 PM

Quote:

That’s because of our very human limitations and I think it’s because you and I understand the design of composition referred to in ‘the writings’ how the earthly/spiritual is bound within a body, and that composition makes ‘the soul’

However big or small the entities being referred to are - there is basic elemental ‘composition’

Where he imagines a free spirit totally divorced from the earthly
It is NOT divorced from the earthly until its physical "death." The earthly body is the ("plant" that bears the "fruit" of the Spirit). The "fruit" no longer needs the plant once it is "picked."

Old 04-09-2024, 05:19 PM

28,143 posts, read 30,089,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The earthly body is the ("plant" that bears the "fruit" of the Spirit). The "fruit" no longer needs the plant once it is "picked."
You are not a plant. You are a spirit residing within a temple.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Who plants a temple? Why would Jesus describe the Kingdom of God as if a man "planted a seed in the earth and it grew on its own" if He was referring to a temple?

Old 04-09-2024, 05:29 PM

11,940 posts, read 3,766,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yep

It seems to me that the plant metaphor is not about any individual human beings, it is about the 2 different types of human labourers working in the field/world (Cain) as opposed to the shepherd types (Abel)

Sons of ‘Adam’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity