Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 06:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 1,173,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Not going there, so not interested, but thanks for your post! I am curious why are people so obsessed with hell and not about Heaven? Why waste so much time discussing a place you are not going to if you're a Christian? This is the main thing that troubles me in trying to understand the Christian Faith. Love you, and give Heaven a chance if you can, it's an Awesome place with family, home and a God that loves you!
Well as an example one of my young relatives years ago didn't believe there is a devils, satan or hell yet she did believe there could be a God an heaven.

I told her some day you will learn what evil is and it is real. When she grew up she learned about serial killers and the evil they do. That is when I told her do you see now and do you see why it's important to know there is evil and hell? she knew then there a satan and evil. Now having some answers biblically would have helped me to help her but back then she was way to young and honestly I was younger then too not learning much myself I was limited in showing her the biblical part. So I had to use what is going on in the world she never knew about growing up. Lucky kid she had good parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 06:35 PM

2,628 posts, read 1,173,205 times
The lake of fire is in the bible the. The lake of fire is where the beast and false prophet will be sent into with all the others who had multiple chances to be in the book of life and avoid the lake of fire.

I think of the lake of fire as the lava that pours out of volcano's. That is how hot I imagine the lake of fire is. It to me is the physical death matched up with the spiritual death. We all have a many opportunities to change our fate so it's not like no warning were given.

The thing I am not sure about is, as another poster brought up, what about the people who never heard of God. I don't remember where in the bible it is but I think they are forgiven since they died before being told. I think this might be why Jesus told the disciples to go out into the world and preach to everyone let no one not know. But what about the people not brough up with the chance to be told then decide for themselves and they die to young yet old enough to know. Like the age of 12 to 14. If they are not given any knowledge they can't decide for themselves if they believe, accept or not.

Old 04-07-2024, 11:24 AM

361 posts, read 317,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one goes to the lake of fire because of their sins because Jesus died for our sins. The Bible does suggest that there are degrees of punishment, but not because of sins. Rather, those who had greater revelation concerning Jesus and still rejected him will have greater punishment. But nothing like being boiled in oil or whatever else your imagination can come up with. More I think like mental anguish for having rejected Jesus.
I like Michael Ways insight that not all sins are evil to the same degree and thus their punishment or rewards should not be the same.
Punishing a 6 year old who steals gum from his mom’s purse with the same punishment as a Hitler or Stalin is patently unfair. There are certainly plenty of early Judeo-Christian parallels to the theological model Michael Way is suggesting.

I think Michael Way is making a profound contextual point since that doctrines such as “hell” and “punishment” and “God’s Judgment” have different meanings to different types of christianities and the often believe in entirely different criteria upon which God bases Judgment; reward; and punishment.

Some Christian theories like Michael Ways concept are more equitable than others. I think the earliest descriptions from sacred Judao-Christian literature (that parallel Micheals belief) are superior to the later Christian Theories on judgment; reward, and punishment.

For example : The relatively modern version of God’s punishment of individuals with a torturous fire of hell type of judgment seems quite severe even according to those that believe in a “lightswitch” theology of great and eternal reward or terrible tortuous hell model.

One Christian poster in another forum describe this feeling of unfairness when she said: ‘ I do not think that my agnostic Grandfather is suffering the same punishment as Hitler.”

MODERN "LIGHTSWITCH" REWARD OR PUNISHMENT VERSUS THE ANCIENT CONCEPT OF LEVELS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT

It is the version of lightswitch theology of either a wonderful reward versus torturous punishment has had philosophers; agnostics; Athiests and other types of Christians feeling either uncomfortable or even aghast when they consider the unfairness of certain aspects of his specific Christian Theory. And they are, in many cases, very correct to complain.

In some versions of Christianity, one must accept Jesus before they die and it is simply this specific acceptance allows them to be “saved”. While those who have NOT accepted Jesus in this life are damned to a “fire filled hell” and tortured for eternity.

In this “light switch” theology, it’s simply “too bad” if one is born in a historical time or place where they had no chance to “accept Jesus” as their savior, they are still doomed to a torturous hell. In certain Christian movements, this same doom awaits those die as newborn infants or who are mentally infirm and were unable to accept Jesus.

This sort of unfairness is morally cumbersome to justify and patently unfair.

The concept of power does not satisfy the concept of justice.

While believers in this theology point out that God has the power to do what he wants, such claims sidestep the issue of justification of Gods “fairness” by switching referring to the “power” of God to do what he wants.

The agnostics have rarely been moved by this switch in logic.

Early sacred Judao-Christian texts describe a different sort of God whose children undergo more just models of reward and punishment.

2) THE VARYING CONDITIONS OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS IN HADES –

The various ancient descriptions of Hades make clear that it is a relatively pleasant place for the morally good individuals and relatively uncomfortable for those who are morally reprehensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one goes to the lake of fire because of their sins because Jesus died for our sins. The Bible does suggest that there are degrees of punishment, but not because of sins. Rather, those who had greater revelation concerning Jesus and still rejected him will have greater punishment. But nothing like being boiled in oil or whatever else your imagination can come up with. More I think like mental anguish for having rejected Jesus.
(bold is mine)

Just as Michael Way suggests in his posts, much of this discomfort of those who are evil in this ancient model comes from the fact that the mean and immoral and evil individuals must live with regret and among others who are evil, whereas moral and kind individuals are allowed to live among their own kind.

This is explained to the Prophet Enoch when he asks why the morally good and morally evil are separated from one another in Hades. [quote] “8 At that moment I raised a question regarding him and regarding the judgment of all, For what reason is one separated from the other? 9 And he replied and said unto me, “These three have been made in order that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And in the manner in which the souls of the righteous are separated (by) this spring of water with light upon it, 10 in like manner the sinners are set apart when they die and are buried in the earth and judgment has not been executed upon them in their lifetime, ..[...] in this manner is a separation made for the souls of those who make the suit (and) those who disclose concerning destruction, as they were killed in the days of the sinners. 13 Such has been made for the souls of the people who are not righteous, but sinners and perfect criminals; they shall be together with (other) criminals who are like them...” (1st Enoch 22:9-13)

Instead of a lightswitch judgment between two opposites of wonderful happiness or torturous punishment, The Prophet Enoch text testifies that “on the day of the great judgment. Every weight and every measure and every set of scales will be just as they are in the market. That is to say, each will be weighed in the balance, and each will stand in the market, and each will find out his own measure and “|in accordance with that measurement|” each shall receive his own reward.” (2nd Enoch 44:5)

If each is to be weighed in an accurate and just “balance” just as “in the market”, then it cannot be an “either or” judgment of eternal bliss or eternal torture.

The “Bliss or Torture” theory does not fit those who fit somewhere in between those moral extremities. Not all brought “an hundredfold”, but those who “brought sixtyfold”, still “brought sixtyfold” and they deserve the reward for what they did do.

This principle of a more just and equitable “multiple level of reward” was taught in early Judao-christianity and their texts.

For example, Irenaeus taught : “As the elders say, then will those who have been deemed worthy of an abode in heaven go there, while others will enjoy the delight of Paradise, and still others will possess the brightness of the city; for in every place the Savior will be seen, to the degree that those who see him are worthy. They say, moreover, that this is the distinction between the dwelling of those who bring forth an hundredfold, and those who bring forth sixtyfold, and those who bring forth thirtyfold : the first will be taken up into the heavens, and second will dwell in Paradise, and the third will inhabit the city. For this reason, therefore, our Lord has said, “In my Father’s house there are many rooms”; for all things are of God, who gives to all their appropriate dwelling...The elders, the disciples of the apostles, say that this is the order and arrangement of those who are being saved, and that they advance by such steps, and ascend through the Spirit to the Son, and through the Son to the Father, the Son finally yielding his work to the Father, as it is also said by the apostle: “For he must reign until he puts all enemies under his feet” Irenaeus, Against Heresies #5

Though deep and significant symbology is developed regarding descriptions of punishments in Judao-Christian literature (similar to Islamic Literature on the subject), much of the early literature regarding punishment relates the different sort of torment the wicked will undergo.

The Prophet Ezra asked a similar question to Enoch regarding initial Torments and is told by the angel in his vision : “Now, concerning death, the teaching is: When the decisive decree has gone forth from the Most High that a man shall die, as the spirit leaves the body to return again to him who gave it, first of all it adores the glory of the Most High. 79 And if it is one of those who have shown scorn and have not kept the way of the Most High, and who have despised his Law, and who have hated those who fear God – 80 such spirits shall not enter into habitations, but shall immediately wander about in torments, ever grieving and sad, in seven ways. 81 The first way, because they have scorned the Law of the Most High. The second way, because they cannot now make a good repentance that they may live. The third way, they shall see the reward laid up for those who have trusted the covenants of the Most High. The forth way, they shall consider the torment laid up for themselves in the last days. The fifth way, they shall see how the habitations of the others are guarded by angels in profound quiet. The sixth way, they shall see how some of them will pass over into torments. The seventh way, which is worse than all the ways that have been mentioned, because they shall utterly waste away in confusion and be consumed with shame, and shall wither with fear at seeing the glory of the Most High before whom they sinned while they were alive, and before whom they are to be judged in the last times.” (Fourth Book of Ezra 7; 75-87)

Such a “self-torment” of lost eternally “lost opportunity” becomes embellished to the point where one can see the origins of the later descriptions and stories of “hell-fire” the later christians consumed.

The many, many Early Judao-christian Textual descriptions of the delights of reward (heaven) are illuminating and insightful as are the early descriptions of the Torments of Punishent and banishment from the presence of those who have attained the greatest degree of eternal joy and who have learned to live moral laws which underlie and create and sustain such social harmony and happiness.

I like Michael Ways’ observation on the equity of levels of punishment and reward and I believe the similar model in ancient Judao-Christian theology is more equitable and Just than the more modern Christian theories that reward and punish based on more arbitrary and less justifiable criteria of reward and punishment.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:23 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear lens View Post
I like Michael Ways insight that not all sins are evil to the same degree and thus their punishment or rewards should not be the same.
Punishing a 6 year old who steals gum from his mom’s purse with the same punishment as a Hitler or Stalin is patently unfair. There are certainly plenty of early Judeo-Christian parallels to the theological model Michael Way is suggesting.

I think Michael Way is making a profound contextual point since that doctrines such as “hell” and “punishment” and “God’s Judgment” have different meanings to different types of christianities and the often believe in entirely different criteria upon which God bases Judgment; reward; and punishment.

Some Christian theories like Michael Ways concept are more equitable than others. I think the earliest descriptions from sacred Judao-Christian literature (that parallel Micheals belief) are superior to the later Christian Theories on judgment; reward, and punishment.

For example : The relatively modern version of God’s punishment of individuals with a torturous fire of hell type of judgment seems quite severe even according to those that believe in a “lightswitch” theology of great and eternal reward or terrible tortuous hell model.

One Christian poster in another forum describe this feeling of unfairness when she said: ‘ I do not think that my agnostic Grandfather is suffering the same punishment as Hitler.”

MODERN "LIGHTSWITCH" REWARD OR PUNISHMENT VERSUS THE ANCIENT CONCEPT OF LEVELS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT

It is the version of lightswitch theology of either a wonderful reward versus torturous punishment has had philosophers; agnostics; Athiests and other types of Christians feeling either uncomfortable or even aghast when they consider the unfairness of certain aspects of his specific Christian Theory. And they are, in many cases, very correct to complain.

In some versions of Christianity, one must accept Jesus before they die and it is simply this specific acceptance allows them to be “saved”. While those who have NOT accepted Jesus in this life are damned to a “fire filled hell” and tortured for eternity.

In this “light switch” theology, it’s simply “too bad” if one is born in a historical time or place where they had no chance to “accept Jesus” as their savior, they are still doomed to a torturous hell. In certain Christian movements, this same doom awaits those die as newborn infants or who are mentally infirm and were unable to accept Jesus.

This sort of unfairness is morally cumbersome to justify and patently unfair.

The concept of power does not satisfy the concept of justice.

While believers in this theology point out that God has the power to do what he wants, such claims sidestep the issue of justification of Gods “fairness” by switching referring to the “power” of God to do what he wants.

The agnostics have rarely been moved by this switch in logic.

Early sacred Judao-Christian texts describe a different sort of God whose children undergo more just models of reward and punishment.

2) THE VARYING CONDITIONS OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS IN HADES –

The various ancient descriptions of Hades make clear that it is a relatively pleasant place for the morally good individuals and relatively uncomfortable for those who are morally reprehensible.

(bold is mine)

Just as Michael Way suggests in his posts, much of this discomfort of those who are evil in this ancient model comes from the fact that the mean and immoral and evil individuals must live with regret and among others who are evil, whereas moral and kind individuals are allowed to live among their own kind.

This is explained to the Prophet Enoch when he asks why the morally good and morally evil are separated from one another in Hades.
Quote:
“8 At that moment I raised a question regarding him and regarding the judgment of all, For what reason is one separated from the other? 9 And he replied and said unto me, “These three have been made in order that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And in the manner in which the souls of the righteous are separated (by) this spring of water with light upon it, 10 in like manner the sinners are set apart when they die and are buried in the earth and judgment has not been executed upon them in their lifetime, ..[...] in this manner is a separation made for the souls of those who make the suit (and) those who disclose concerning destruction, as they were killed in the days of the sinners. 13 Such has been made for the souls of the people who are not righteous, but sinners and perfect criminals; they shall be together with (other) criminals who are like them...” (1st Enoch 22:9-13)

Instead of a lightswitch judgment between two opposites of wonderful happiness or torturous punishment, The Prophet Enoch text testifies that “on the day of the great judgment. Every weight and every measure and every set of scales will be just as they are in the market. That is to say, each will be weighed in the balance, and each will stand in the market, and each will find out his own measure and “|in accordance with that measurement|” each shall receive his own reward.” (2nd Enoch 44:5)

If each is to be weighed in an accurate and just “balance” just as “in the market”, then it cannot be an “either or” judgment of eternal bliss or eternal torture.

The “Bliss or Torture” theory does not fit those who fit somewhere in between those moral extremities. Not all brought “an hundredfold”, but those who “brought sixtyfold”, still “brought sixtyfold” and they deserve the reward for what they did do.

This principle of a more just and equitable “multiple level of reward” was taught in early Judao-christianity and their texts.

For example, Irenaeus taught : “As the elders say, then will those who have been deemed worthy of an abode in heaven go there, while others will enjoy the delight of Paradise, and still others will possess the brightness of the city; for in every place the Savior will be seen, to the degree that those who see him are worthy. They say, moreover, that this is the distinction between the dwelling of those who bring forth an hundredfold, and those who bring forth sixtyfold, and those who bring forth thirtyfold : the first will be taken up into the heavens, and second will dwell in Paradise, and the third will inhabit the city. For this reason, therefore, our Lord has said, “In my Father’s house there are many rooms”; for all things are of God, who gives to all their appropriate dwelling...The elders, the disciples of the apostles, say that this is the order and arrangement of those who are being saved, and that they advance by such steps, and ascend through the Spirit to the Son, and through the Son to the Father, the Son finally yielding his work to the Father, as it is also said by the apostle: “For he must reign until he puts all enemies under his feet” Irenaeus, Against Heresies #5

Though deep and significant symbology is developed regarding descriptions of punishments in Judao-Christian literature (similar to Islamic Literature on the subject), much of the early literature regarding punishment relates the different sort of torment the wicked will undergo.

The Prophet Ezra asked a similar question to Enoch regarding initial Torments and is told by the angel in his vision : “Now, concerning death, the teaching is: When the decisive decree has gone forth from the Most High that a man shall die, as the spirit leaves the body to return again to him who gave it, first of all it adores the glory of the Most High. 79 And if it is one of those who have shown scorn and have not kept the way of the Most High, and who have despised his Law, and who have hated those who fear God – 80 such spirits shall not enter into habitations, but shall immediately wander about in torments, ever grieving and sad, in seven ways. 81 The first way, because they have scorned the Law of the Most High. The second way, because they cannot now make a good repentance that they may live. The third way, they shall see the reward laid up for those who have trusted the covenants of the Most High. The forth way, they shall consider the torment laid up for themselves in the last days. The fifth way, they shall see how the habitations of the others are guarded by angels in profound quiet. The sixth way, they shall see how some of them will pass over into torments. The seventh way, which is worse than all the ways that have been mentioned, because they shall utterly waste away in confusion and be consumed with shame, and shall wither with fear at seeing the glory of the Most High before whom they sinned while they were alive, and before whom they are to be judged in the last times.” (Fourth Book of Ezra 7; 75-87)

Such a “self-torment” of lost eternally “lost opportunity” becomes embellished to the point where one can see the origins of the later descriptions and stories of “hell-fire” the later christians consumed.

The many, many Early Judao-christian Textual descriptions of the delights of reward (heaven) are illuminating and insightful as are the early descriptions of the Torments of Punishent and banishment from the presence of those who have attained the greatest degree of eternal joy and who have learned to live moral laws which underlie and create and sustain such social harmony and happiness.

I like Michael Ways’ observation on the equity of levels of punishment and reward and I believe the similar model in ancient Judao-Christian theology is more equitable and Just than the more modern Christian theories that reward and punish based on more arbitrary and less justifiable criteria of reward and punishment.
I agree that the equity issue is preeminent, but I eschew the entire concept of rewards and punishments administered by God. I believe the difference in outcomes will be based entirely on what kind of Spirit we have BECOME. There is no appeal to a judge (God) to change whatever consequences we have "earned" by our life here on Earth. That is the reason for the warnings. If it is avoidable by appeal to God, there would be no need for the warnings, IMO. That is why we are told we CHOOSE the consequences by our choices here on Earth. Do not ignore what you are BECOMING. That is what matters, IMO.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-07-2024 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-07-2024, 01:52 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree that the equity issue is preeminent, but I eschew the entire concept of rewards and punishments administered by God. I believe the difference in outcomes will be based entirely on what kind of Spirit we have BECOME. There is no appeal to a judge (God) to change whatever consequences we have "earned" by our life here on Earth. That is the reason for the warnings. If it is avoidable by appeal to God, there would be no need for the warnings, IMO. That is why we are told we CHOOSE the consequences by our choices here on Earth. Do not ignore what you are BECOMING. That is what matters, IMO.
It seems to me that the workers are down here mystic

We (humanity ) are the judges, labourers, fruit inspectors, tree pruners, shepherds, tax collectors, etc

And all of those people live in houses and have families to support and also there needs to be the passing on to the next generation

As the population gets larger and expands into new areas/regions we need more heads over the different types of operations, the administrators

Religion is about the Human Resources side of things

Hell, hades, Gehenna, are religious concepts and it makes sense that they are down here as well but we need to separate the myth/story/narrative that looked forward in time/space to what/when it was referring to and it’s essentially about the containment of people once we pass the 1st century

That is where the Jew/Greek (gentile) changed places

That’s where things begin to commence/come to be - generate and re-generate

Rev 1:1**The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2**Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3**Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

G1096 (Strong)
γίνομαι
ginomai
ghin'-om-ahee
A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen” -erate), that is, (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literally, figuratively, intensively, etc.): - arise be assembled, be (come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, be done, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 04-07-2024 at 02:23 PM..

Old 04-07-2024, 02:31 PM

361 posts, read 317,913 times
Quote:

I like the concept MysticPhD is suggesting.

If I understand correctly, this insight reflect the concept that inside acceptance of and adherence to gospel principles we are progress in a process of changing whereby we gradually “become” spirits of a different sort by learning and mastering moral and social characteristics.

These sorts of insight reminds me of Barnabas teaching that by engaging in learning certain gospel principles such as love and charity and patience, God is, thereby, "making us men of another type, so that we should have the soul of children, as if he were creating us all over again. The Epistle of Barnabas 6:11;

I also like the point regarding the "choosing" of the "consequences". It may be that the "judgment" will in the main, be a process of revealing to ourselves what we have become. However, there is to be some sort of sieving of "types" of spirits since a social heaven , to be full of joy and unity eternally, cannot admit spirits who are oppressive and lie and cheat and steal since admitting those types of individuals in a social heaven would undermine the unity and joy that should characterize that sort of heaven..

I like your insight Mystic

Old 04-07-2024, 02:44 PM

1,400 posts, read 764,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Hitler and those that have committed worse sins will go to a greater punishment than those that have committed lesser sins but all who have rejected Jeus will go to hell
It really doesn't matter. It's a bad place for eternity and there is no way out for refusing the payment for their sins through Christ (Messiah) Jesus. God doesn't send people to Hell, they actually choose to go, and God has given the freedom to choose.

Some references in the Bible to Hell as I recall are a place of complete darkness, a place of burning fire, a place from which there is no way out. Ever.

John 3:16 For God so loved the World that He gave His only Son that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

It's a simple choice. When your life ends either YOU pay for your sins or receive the GIFT OF FORGIVENESS through Jesus Christ the Messiah, and God loves you more than you could imagine.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:27 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
It really doesn't matter. It's a bad place for eternity and there is no way out for refusing the payment for their sins through Christ (Messiah) Jesus. God doesn't send people to Hell, they actually choose to go, and God has given the freedom to choose.
Some references in the Bible to Hell as I recall are a place of complete darkness, a place of burning fire, a place from which there is no way out. Ever.
John 3:16 For God so loved the World that He gave His only Son that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
It's a simple choice. When your life ends either YOU pay for your sins or receive the GIFT OF FORGIVENESS through Jesus Christ the Messiah, and God loves you more than you could imagine.
I wonder if then you are saying that Jesus chose to go to hell __________- Acts 2:27
Jesus and the OT both teach only 'sleep' (Not pain) in death.
( Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 and Jesus' words at John 11:11-14 )
So, just as there was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy then there is none for anyone else.
If biblical hell was for eternity then Jesus would still be in hell.
Rather, biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.
All who sin go to biblical hell, but Not by choice because death is the price tag the sinner pays.
Resurrection Day meaning: Jesus' coming 1,000 year day governing over Earth. - John 6:40,44
When the King James Version translated the word Gehenna into English as 'hell fire' that put flames in the grave.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
Thus, Gehenna is a fitting word for destruction and why the Bible teaches 'forever destruction' for the wicked.
- Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, choose the consequences by our choices here on Earth.
Those resurrected in the first or earlier resurrection of Rev. 20:6 have a heavenly resurrection (Matt. 25:40; Daniel 7:18 )
Those still alive on Earth at the soon coming Time of Separation as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 Jesus' Glory Time can remain alive on Earth and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years with 'everlasting life forever on Earth in view' because 'enemy death ' will then be No more on Earth.
- 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
The dead who are Not called to heaven but are part of the 'righteous and unrighteous' ( just and unjust - KJV Acts 24:15 ) can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection and can become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth.
Everlasting life on Earth in view as originally offered to Adam before his downfall - Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

Old 04-07-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
The lake of fire is in the bible the. The lake of fire is where the beast and false prophet will be sent into with all the others who had multiple chances to be in the book of life and avoid the lake of fire.
I think of the lake of fire as the lava that pours out of volcano's. That is how hot I imagine the lake of fire is. It to me is the physical death matched up with the spiritual death. We all have a many opportunities to change our fate so it's not like no warning were given.
The thing I am not sure about is, as another poster brought up, what about the people who never heard of God. I don't remember where in the bible it is but I think they are forgiven since they died before being told. I think this might be why Jesus told the disciples to go out into the world and preach to everyone let no one not know. But what about the people not brough up with the chance to be told then decide for themselves and they die to young yet old enough to know. Like the age of 12 to 14. If they are not given any knowledge they can't decide for themselves if they believe, accept or not.
First, I find parents are responsible for minor children as we can read at 1st Corinthians 7:14.
Resurrection is for both the 'righteous and unrighteous' - Acts 24:15 - ' just and unjust ' KJV.

The biblical definition of the 'lake of fire' is defined at Rev. 20:13-14 as ' second death ' - Rev. 21:8
Jesus and the OT both teach 'sleep' in death - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14
Those in 'second death' sleep a 'perpetual death' - Jeremiah 51:39,57 - No chance of being resurrected.
The KJV English word hell fire comes from the word Gehenna. Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed. So, Gehenna is a fitting word for: destruction.
No wonder then the Bible teaches 'forever destruction' for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Prov. 2:21-22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity