Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 04:41 AM

16,759 posts, read 15,806,944 times

Advertisements

This thread is a continuation of the thread dealing with all aspects of Universalism. All posts about Universalism belong in this thread. This topic is so popular that a single consolidated thread was created to replace six active threads. Since most people look for active threads on the first page of the forum instead of searching for topics, this method works better than having many threads about similar topics.

For reference, the previous thread is here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...s-pro-con.html

As a general rule, we close threads in the Religion and Spirituality forums when they reach 10,000 posts.

Old 12-16-2022, 07:20 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong
Hell in Hebrew OT is Sheol in and Greek NT Hades. Both refer to realm of the dead. If someone dies without believing (unwashed sins), they go there, where they feel temporary mental anguish. A guilt that convinces them to believe in Christ and be saved. So eventually, everyone will be saved. But the sooner the better, it’s less painful.
Since God's grace is required in order to move us to repentance and faith, where do you see that God has promised grace to anyone after death?

Also, how is it possible to possess faith when one has already seen?

Without faith, it is impossible to please God.

Therefore; after death, how would it theoretically be possible to please God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 09:24 AM

209 posts, read 72,525 times
Universalists need to walk through the final door of Enlightenment.

The Lake of Fire is the portal to Reincarnation. They are so close, why not go all the way and teach the world the Truth?

Old 12-16-2022, 11:39 AM

660 posts, read 262,326 times
JOEL 2:28, 3:21 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people ... Their bloodguilt which I have not pardoned, I will pardon. (NIV)

All people are pardoned, prophesized by the Old Testament, brought forth to fufillment in the New Testament through His holy Son, Jesus Christ, bringing salvation to all people.

Old 12-16-2022, 12:15 PM

4,717 posts, read 1,264,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
JOEL 2:28, 3:21 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people ... Their bloodguilt which I have not pardoned, I will pardon. (NIV)

All people are pardoned, prophesized by the Old Testament, brought forth to fufillment in the New Testament through His holy Son, Jesus Christ, bringing salvation to all people.
Joel 2:28 is speaking of a remnant of mankind that God will call Joel 2:28-32

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Do you know what a remnant is ? Its that which is left, not all

Isa 1:9

Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

A remnant is comparatively small from the whole !

Old 12-16-2022, 01:45 PM

555 posts, read 176,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Since God's grace is required in order to move us to repentance and faith, where do you see that God has promised grace to anyone after death?

Also, how is it possible to possess faith when one has already seen?

Without faith, it is impossible to please God.

Therefore; after death, how would it theoretically be possible to please God?
A new born infant dies immediately after a nurse in the delivery room baptizes it using the correct formula. How does that infant, now in Heaven, please God never having experienced the notion of "having faith"?

Old 12-16-2022, 01:52 PM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
A new born infant dies immediately after a nurse in the delivery room baptizes it using the correct formula. How does that infant, now in Heaven, please God never having experienced the notion of "having faith"?
Baptism imparts the gift of faith.

Old 12-17-2022, 04:52 AM

Universalism is evil because its an outright attack against the word of God, it denies the eternal separation of the saved from the wicked, observe Jesus parable Matt 13:47-50

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The false teaching of universalism says in the end everyone will be of the Just/Justified, however that's a falsehood. Being of the unjust is permanent Rev 22:11

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Let him be unjust still in the original is an imperative, God is saying, let him continue to be unjust, so there is and will not be any repentance unto life given !

Old 12-17-2022, 05:05 AM

Universalism wickedly denies the resurrection unto damnation of some, while the righteous will enjoy the resurrection unto eternal life

The resurrection of the saints will coincide with the resurrection of the wicked. when the believers come forth unto the resurrection of life, at that time all in the tombs will as well come forth, including the wicked who are raised to condemnation.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. Also Daniel agrees

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Universalism denies this Truth and teaches men otherwise.

Old 12-17-2022, 09:54 AM

660 posts, read 262,326 times
AMOS: 9:14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted. (NIV)

Never again to be uprooted. We will never suffer again after we are all saved by Jesus Christ. That is our guarantee given by The Lord Himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity