Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2024, 02:36 PM

4,670 posts, read 1,220,266 times

Advertisements

Universalism is a false teaching since it promises life to the wicked, them whom God will send into the second death Ezk 13:22-23

22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Matt 25:24-30

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Yet universalism says this wicked servant shall be saved !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 11:28 PM

16 posts, read 2,953 times
God hates wicked sinners .
Christ died for the wicked sinners !

Old 05-09-2024, 12:12 AM

Brightframe doesn't know FOR SURE if he is "one of the elect" !

Old 05-09-2024, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN54 View Post
God hates wicked sinners .
Christ died for the wicked sinners !
Not all of them.

Only a remnant according to the election of grace ! The rest He hardens and condemns to eternal conscience punishment.

Old 05-09-2024, 01:37 PM

Universalism is a lie preaching against Judgment day when the wicked will go into eternal punishment for their sins,

They do not warn the wicked of an impending Judgment Day, so they are doing Satan’s work by throwing out one of the greatest teachings of the Bible,

Paul wrote 2 Cor 5:10-11

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Rev 11:17-18

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Universalism denies this for the wicked !

Old 05-10-2024, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Not all of them.

Only a remnant according to the election of grace ! The rest He hardens and condemns to eternal conscience punishment.
So God doesn't hate wicked sinners ??
Or , He only hates Some wicked sinners ?
Does God hate what He Created ???

Did God by His grace , Elect to Save sinners through their Faith ??

Old 05-10-2024, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Universalism is a lie preaching against Judgment day when the wicked will go into eternal punishment for their sins,

They do not warn the wicked of an impending Judgment Day, so they are doing Satan’s work by throwing out one of the greatest teachings of the Bible,

Paul wrote 2 Cor 5:10-11

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Rev 11:17-18

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Universalism denies this for the wicked !
SO What !!!!!!!!????????
As you say , God will Save who He has already "elected" to save !!!
No more & No LESS !

Old 05-10-2024, 04:27 AM

@FRANKENSTEIN54

Quote:
He only hates Some wicked sinners ?
Thats correct. You have wicked sinners who are Gods Elect Vessels of Mercy He Loves and you have wicked sinners who are vessels of wrath them He hates.

Rom 9:13,20-23

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Quote:
Did God by His grace , Elect to Save sinners through their Faith ??
No

Old 05-10-2024, 06:22 AM

We know when a ministry is false like universalism, when it teaches contrary to the plain teaching of scripture. Scripture says that the wicked shall be destroyed in opposite to the righteous, but universalism lies and say the wicked will not be destroyed,

Ps 37:37-39

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

This is everlasting destruction which universalism denies 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Old 05-11-2024, 12:14 AM

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

2nd Tim.2:20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

[21] If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

IF a man therefor purge HIMSELF !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity