Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 04:17 AM

9,941 posts, read 1,312,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
The kingdom was prophesied to be established during the time of the Roman empire in Daniel 2:40-45.

Jesus appeared during the time of the Roman empire proclaiming the kingdom was at hand, Matt. 10:5-6

Jesus describes the kingdom many times, “the kingdom is like…”. What do His descriptions describe? I don’t see how anyone can read those descriptions and see anything other than the church.

Who was the church first announced to? Israel.
Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Jesus told Peter He would give him the keys to the kingdom. Peter used the keys letting 3,000 in that day.
Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Paul says were have been transferred into Jesus’s kingdom.
Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,
The church is spiritual Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 04:24 AM

383 posts, read 185,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Romans 11 covers that. God still has a plan for Israel. The church doesn't replace them.

Who/What is Israel today?

Old 09-30-2022, 05:16 AM

923 posts, read 244,741 times
Quote:
Romans 11 covers that. God still has a plan for Israel. The church doesn't replace them.
Galatians 6:16 Who is the Israel of God? The broken-off Christ haters and unbelievers who now reside in the Middle East? Placed under wrath until the end of time? Or the believers who remained true to whom God added the gentile believers?

Any of those calling themselves Israel are being reattached to Biblical Israel as we speak by accepting Christ as the Messiah. Paul was one such. In this way, ALL Israel, aka the Church, will be saved.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:24 AM

3,844 posts, read 1,410,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Matthew also calls Jesus Israel when he quotes Hosea saying “When Israel was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Egypt.” (Hosea 11:1) compare to; “And (Jesus) was there (in Egypt) until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.” (Matthew 2:15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
The church is spiritual Israel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perennial millennial View Post
Who/What is Israel today?
Interesting topic, OP.

I would think the answer is shown in scripture by following who Jesus chose to be His inheritents of his household,
the household of Jacob: are you a member of the family?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64216825-post447.html

Old 10-01-2022, 04:29 AM

4,720 posts, read 1,264,265 times
When Paul wrote Rom 11:25-27

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins

The All Israel that shall be saved is not the physical nation of Israel, but Spiritual Israel, the Body of Christ, comprised of Abrahams Spiritual seed of promise, consisting of jews and gentiles. So in this manner, by the calling in of the Gentile Elect, Sheep together with the jew elect sheep, all Israel shall be saved, the Body of Christ !

Old 10-01-2022, 06:52 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,192,349 times
Jews is not Israel, only some of Jews became Israel.
The same with non jews, some called became saints.

Old 10-02-2022, 09:15 AM

4,720 posts, read 1,264,265 times
The Church, the Body of Christ Israel, are those whom God foreknew, His People. Rom 11:1-2a

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people[Israel] which he foreknew.

The casting away of the nation of israel was not God casting away His People Israel the Church, the Body of Christ, the remnant according to the election of race. Rember Paul had just wrote in Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel[foreknew], which are of Israel[national:

Those whom He foreknew in Christ to be conformed to His Image, is the Israel the Body of Christ Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This verse Identifies Israel, no not the ethnic nation, but the people of God Israel, the Children of God Israel

Old 10-03-2022, 04:34 AM

923 posts, read 244,741 times
More proof the Church is Israel.

“That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:” Ephesians 3:6 (KJV 1900)

What body? Israel into whom God grafted gentile believers when he removed the unbelieving natural branches. (Romans 11:ff)

Old 10-03-2022, 11:24 AM

444 posts, read 115,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
When Paul wrote Rom 11:25-27

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins

The All Israel that shall be saved is not the physical nation of Israel, but Spiritual Israel, the Body of Christ, comprised of Abrahams Spiritual seed of promise, consisting of jews and gentiles. So in this manner, by the calling in of the Gentile Elect, Sheep together with the jew elect sheep, all Israel shall be saved, the Body of Christ !

Old 10-03-2022, 11:27 AM

444 posts, read 115,854 times
Quote:
The church isn't Israel.
What is Israel? What makes someone an Israelite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity