Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 02:42 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,603,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
If The Church is Israel…?

Who then is Israel now in the Middle East? The simple answer is; those few who escaped Jerusalem’s destruction in 70AD and their converts. The reason these are not biblical Israel is that when Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, he ended the only means of making one a physical Jew or physical member of Israel. “And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Genesis 17:14 (KJV 1900)

So how then is the Church Israel? When God removed the unbelievers from Israel, only believers remained. "They are not all Israel, which are, of Israel . . . They which are the children of the flesh, these, are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." (Rom. 9:6, 8)

To the children of promise, God in fulfilling his promise to Abraham added believing gentiles from around the world. Paul recognizes this when he says “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:” Ephesians 2:12 (KJV 1900) Meaning the believing gentiles are now part of the commonwealth of Israel.

Other passages confirm the same. “For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.” Acts 3:22–23 (KJV 1900)

Paul says “Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. He says; Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.” Galatians 6:15–16 (NIV) the obedience of believers confirms their residency in the Israel of God.

Also, research shows that the similarities between ancient Israel and the Church of the New Covenant are identical.

Called in the OT;

1. Saints (Num. 16:3: Deut. 33:3)
2. Elect (Deut. 7:6, 7; 14:2)
3. Beloved (Deut. 7:7; 4:37)
4. Called (Isa. 41:9; 43:1)
5. Church (Ps. 89:5; Mic. 2:5 (LXX) Act. 7:38; Heb. 2:12)
6. Flock (Ezek. 34; Ps. 77:20)
7. Holy Nation (Exod. 19:5, 6)
8. Kingdom of Priests (Exod.19:5, 6)
9. Peculiar Treasure (Exod. 19:5, 6)
10. God's People (Hos. 1:9, 10)
11. Holy People (Deut. 7:6)
12. People of Inheritance (Deut.4:20)
13. God's Tabernacle in Israel (Lev.26:11)
14. God walks among them (Lev. 26:12)
15. Twelve Patriarchs
16. Christ married to them (Isa.54:5; Jer.3:14; Hos.2:19; Jer.6:2; 31:32)

Called the same in the NT;

1. Saints (Eph. 1:1; Rom. 1:7)
2. Elect (Col. 3:12; Titus 1:1)
3. Beloved (Col.3:12; 1 Thess 1:4)
4. Called (Rom. 1:6, 7; 1Cor.1:2)
5. Church (Eph. 1:1; Acts 20:28)
6. Flock (Luke 12:32; 1 Pet. 5:2)
7. Holy Nation (1 Pet. 2:9)
8. Kingdom of Priests (1 Pet. 2:9)
9. Peculiar Treasure (1 Pet. 2:9)
10. God's People (1 Pet. 2:10)
11. Holy People (1 Pet. 1:15, 16)
12. People of Inheritance (Eph. 1:18)
13. God's Tabernacle in Church (John 1:14)
14. God walks among them (2 Cor.6:16-18)
15. Twelve Apostles
16. Christ married to them (Eph.5:22, 23; 2Cor.11:2)
Israel and the Church: See the Difference? | 1689 Federalism

"They are not all Israel, which are, of Israel . . . They which are the children of the flesh, these, are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." (Rom. 9:6, 8)

Paul calls Jesus Israel when he when he calls him Abraham’s seed. “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” Galatians 3:16 (KJV 1900)

Matthew also calls Jesus Israel when he quotes Hosea saying “When Israel was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Egypt.” (Hosea 11:1) compare to; “And (Jesus) was there (in Egypt) until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.” (Matthew 2:15)

We who believe are members of Israel being members of Jesus’ body. “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” Ephesians 5:30 (KJV 1900)
Jesus said I am only come for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Thst is non Jewish Israelis having ZERO to do with Jews, Jews are the house of Judah, not the house of Israel

For ten whole years, ONLY non Jewish converts converted to Judaism and became Jews.

In those first ten years, NOT ONE SINGLE GENTILE CONVERTED. All those converts were Israelis, not Jews.

There were millions of Jews but only a thousand non Jewish Israelis.

David had brought Israel and Judah together as one nation, but Solomon split them into two nations and they had never joined together after David.

Jesus came bringing a covenant thst wed Judah to Israel, but that was broken, Israel scattered and lost, there were millions of Jews but Israel had to be found.

Jesus only came to find Israel before he could marry them yo make them one people.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-28-2024 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 04:39 PM

147 posts, read 78,608 times
Correction. As told in Ezekiel, the "Two Sticks Shall Become ONE". Israel and Judah will one day be just Israel. Israel are the 11 other tribes of the North and Judah are the Yahudim often referred to as "Jews". ALL those not grafted INTO Israel are OUTSIDE the promise pure and simple. There is NO "church". The Church of Rome is the one that cooked all that up. There were "Congregations" of Jews and Hellenized Jews that went aside from the Torah (Lost sheep). There wasn't even a "new testament" till the Church of Rome decided to DeJudaize the REAL faith and bring those into their pagan faith. A simple read of the Council of Nicea and Leodicea is all it takes to realize how phony the Catholic Church of Rome is and was. Taking the "Letters" of the apostles and translating them OUT of the native Aramaic and Hebrew into their mono language. Hebrew isn't a mono language. A given word can have 3 meanings depending on context. Something lost to christianity to be sure. Messiah's name most certainly NEVER was jesus in the first place (no J in Hebrew) Messiah was a Hebrew (Yeshua-Salvation). Just tip of a very large iceberg that never seems to get it right in christianity. Yeshua never contradicted ONE word of the Torah. HE never rewrote ONE word of the Father YHVH. Some just won't ever get a clue and do "NOT study to show themselves approved. They are following the lies of their forefathers.

Old 05-09-2024, 06:01 AM

58 posts, read 17,955 times
There has been an interesting thing on Polish YouTube for a couple of years now, they are YT channels intended for Christians, in which messages are written from spiritual beings who have reached several prophets from all over the world,
Each message goes to more than 10 of these Christian channels..
It is supposed to be messages in which these beings, for several years now, have been speaking to a large prayer group that he is preparing for the great judgment, they wrote them various messages there, including apocalyptic ones, which they are expected to deliver soon,
But they say there are only days left until the big disaster...
It's interesting....
https://m.youtube.com/@WorldofPrayers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMexOYwSux4

Old 05-09-2024, 01:29 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,603,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
Correction. As told in Ezekiel, the "Two Sticks Shall Become ONE". Israel and Judah will one day be just Israel. Israel are the 11 other tribes of the North and Judah are the Yahudim often referred to as "Jews". ALL those not grafted INTO Israel are OUTSIDE the promise pure and simple. There is NO "church". The Church of Rome is the one that cooked all that up. There were "Congregations" of Jews and Hellenized Jews that went aside from the Torah (Lost sheep). There wasn't even a "new testament" till the Church of Rome decided to DeJudaize the REAL faith and bring those into their pagan faith. A simple read of the Council of Nicea and Leodicea is all it takes to realize how phony the Catholic Church of Rome is and was. Taking the "Letters" of the apostles and translating them OUT of the native Aramaic and Hebrew into their mono language. Hebrew isn't a mono language. A given word can have 3 meanings depending on context. Something lost to christianity to be sure. Messiah's name most certainly NEVER was jesus in the first place (no J in Hebrew) Messiah was a Hebrew (Yeshua-Salvation). Just tip of a very large iceberg that never seems to get it right in christianity. Yeshua never contradicted ONE word of the Torah. HE never rewrote ONE word of the Father YHVH. Some just won't ever get a clue and do "NOT study to show themselves approved. They are following the lies of their forefathers.
If you get about 5 extra hours maybe you could read this, Is Lucky in heaven?

I bet I can change your mind about the tribes.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...-heaven-2.html

Old 05-10-2024, 05:52 AM

4,720 posts, read 1,264,265 times
The Church is Israel because through it as promised all the seed of Israel is Justified in the Lord Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified and shall glory.

Now we know that both jew and gentile believers are of the one seed of Abraham, the seed of Faith Rom 4:16-18

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be

Now God has Justified the seed of Israel by the Justifying both jew and gentile by Faith according to promise,

Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Now this fulfills the promise of Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:47 AM

To be honest, since the death of Christ national israel lost its covenant distinction as the people of God, no longer being the physical descendant of national israel was representative of Gods people, this foretold by Jesus Himself Matt 21:43

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

This nation the Kingdom of God is given to is the Church, the Body of Christ which is comprised of all ethnic groups to include jews, africans, germans, hispanics and so forth, so Israel is being saved during the times of the gentiles when racial distinctions have been done away with in Christ. The Kingdom of God distinction that national israel had is gone, permanently and given permanently to the Church Matt 16:18

. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Again the Church Christ is building is that Spiritual Nation bringing forth the fruits thereof of the Kingdom of God taken from national ethnic israel. 17

Old 05-19-2024, 08:31 AM

7,513 posts, read 4,267,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Unfortunately Israel was restored by God everything that happens in the end time has to happen on that little piece of land that so many people have died for trying to possess and it says Israel will recognize Jesus as the Savior so God has not forgotten Israel. It's all going to take place right there the bible does not say God has completely abandoned Israel.Christians were never able to control the promised land and never will an uncountable amount of them have died trying. God chose and owns that land and will decide who inhabits it. It's what the Antichrist will want.

As a people it's always been that way God wanted to destroy them all twice and start over with Moses but Moses talked him out of it.The old testament is them being faithful to God failing and then begging for forgiveness over and over.
I have no idea what you or Brightfame52 are saying. Perhaps, I need more coffee.

Sure, during the Rome Empire there were battles over it. For instance, Jewish–Roman wars were a series of large-scale revolts by the Jews of Judaea and Roman Empire for seventy years. There were Crusades with numerous battles. However, from 1244 - 1900, it was a quiet region. It wasn't until the Jews pushed out the indigenous population that fighting began.

Being object - look at other regions of the globe.

The Thirty Year War, Franco-Prussian War and WWI battled over Alsace Lorraine, the border between Germany & France. The region was under attack from the beginning of the Thirty Year War in 1618 to the end of WWII in 1945.

Poland's battles began in 960 AD and continued until after WWII. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...volving_Poland

If God chose and owns that land and will decide who inhabits it, why has God allowed 30,000 women and children to be slaughter there in the last six months? What harm could innocent children do? Why would God want them dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Again the Church Christ is building is that Spiritual Nation bringing forth the fruits thereof of the Kingdom of God taken from national ethnic Israel. 17
With the current political situation, I can't see this coming.

Old 05-19-2024, 05:39 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,028,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
....................... Perhaps, I need more coffee................................
If God chose and owns that land and will decide who inhabits it, why has God allowed 30,000 women and children to be slaughter there in the last six months? What harm could innocent children do? Why would God want them dead?
With the current political situation, I can't see this coming.
I find since Pentecost the 'Israel of God' is the Christian congregation as a 'spiritual nation' - 1st Peter 2:9,5
The fleshly nation of national Israel today is a political commercial nation
Whereas God's 'spiritual nation' (Christian cong. no matter where located on Earth) has No borders, No boundaries and it is Not found located on any world map but its map is the pages of the Bible

God wants No one dead, but it's today's political climate is as described at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Men displaying a selfish distorted form of love, the opposite of Christ-Like love as defined at 1st Corinthians 13:4-6
When the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...." (1st Thess. 5:2-3) those Rosy sounding words will lead people down that old Primrose Path instead of Peace on Earth it will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus takes the needed action of Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 to rid the Earth of the wicked

Old 05-19-2024, 06:21 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Default If The Church is Israel…?

The Church is not Israel. No nation is Israel. No person is Israel. All human beings who are Born of God are scriptural Israel. That is what Is-Ra-El refers to, IMO. Just saying.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:04 AM

We know that the Church is Israel by the testimony of the Apostle Paul, who was the Apostle to the Gentiles, and a Minister of the New Testament/Covenant Rom 11:13

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

2 Cor 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The Same New Covenant as here Jer 31:31

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

And notice his Testimony here Acts 28:20

For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

His New Covenant Ministry as the Apostle of the Gentiles is the Hope of Israel. Thats the Mystery the jews despised him for, and ever persecuted him ! 18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity