Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:12 AM

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times

Advertisements

This thread is for discussing the relationship of Christians and Christianity with the LGBTQ community. It is simply a continuation of the thread started here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...hristians.html

and continued here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...community.html

If this thread ever reaches 10,000 posts, there may be a fourth thread created.

Old 05-03-2021, 04:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This thread is for discussing the relationship of Christians and Christianity with the LGBTQ community. It is simply a continuation of the thread started here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...hristians.html

and continued here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...community.html

If this thread ever reaches 10,000 posts, there may be a fourth thread created.
LGBTQ community can be Christian as individuals unwrap their ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 04:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
I believe that gays can be Christians...

However, to be practicing Christians, they must forsake the works of the flesh which includes homosexual practices (i.e. uncleanness)...Galatians 5:19-21).

It should be clear that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus...who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1 (kjv)).

This implies that there is condemnation for those who walk not after the Spirit but after the flesh.

I think that homosexuals are mistaken to believe that their particular type of uncleanness is not included in what is condemned by the Bible for heterosexuals.

If it is conemned for heterosexuals, then the same things are condemned for homosexuals...

Such things as "evil concupiscence" (Colossians 3:5-6)...

Defined as the moment of climax in a sexual situation.

We know that the marriage bed is undefiled (Hebrews 13:4)...so the above does not applied to married sex for the purposes of procreation (it may be concupiscence; but it is not "evil concupiscence").

However, biblical marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman (Matthew 19:4-5).

Old 05-03-2021, 04:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I believe that gays can be Christians...

...snip...
Got rid of the nonsense.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:02 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Got rid of the nonsense.
There was so much I wanted to say to that post, but didn't know where to start. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:07 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Got rid of the nonsense.
There are many former gays in this world, I know a few myself.

And as with all sin that man commits, whatever it may be, this can happen,

1 Cor. 6:11

"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

When man comes to Christ in sorrow over his sin, that's when life begins in that person.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:13 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
The preaching of the Cross is foolishness (nonsense) to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18)....nevertheless it pleased God through the "foolishness of preaching" to save those who would believe (1 Corinthians 1:21).

Old 05-03-2021, 05:21 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There are many former gays in this world, I know a few myself.

And as with all sin that man commits, whatever it may be, this can happen,

1 Cor. 6:11

"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

When man comes to Christ in sorrow over his sin, that's when life begins in that person.
Not everyone believes it's a sin. But you know that. And no amount of scripture quoting is going to change anyone's mind. Those who think it's a sin will quote scripture ad nauseum. Those of us who don't, won't be moved, no matter how many pages of scripture are quoted. I'm happy to know many gay people who no longer feel condemned for their natural lifestyle and can have a relationship with their God, free from guilt. It does my heart good.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not everyone believes it's a sin. But you know that. And no amount of scripture quoting is going to change anyone's mind. Those who think it's a sin will quote scripture ad nauseum. Those of us who don't, won't be moved, no matter how many pages of scripture are quoted. I'm happy to know many gay people who no longer feel condemned for their natural lifestyle and can have a relationship with their God, free from guilt. It does my heart good.
Hopefully - as it was in your case and many others - some fundies here will find their heart and manage to get it working.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That would be a seared conscience! They have resisted through the lust of the flesh to the point that the conscience no longer condemns them.

In this case, God has given them over to a reprobate mind.

Rom. 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity