Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 09:48 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's not worshiping it's believing, there's a difference.

But I will add this, the Word of God is alive, it's powerful, sharp as a two edged sword that cuts to the bone and marrow, it discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This would be something you would know nothing of, it's spiritual, the scripture says we must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
There are many spiritual people I know who are Buddhists, Hindu, atheists, etc. You don't have to be a Christian to be spiritual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 01:05 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That God has always loved the world and in Christ God demonstrated that truth. He was never mad with you, never created eternal hell for you if you do not believe he loves you, so come in confidence to him who is abundantly available to be an ever-present savior for you in all things.

You are the light of the world (Jesus' own words).
How easy it is without all the evil corruptions of our primitive ancestors' beliefs, pcamps! There are no obstacles to Christ. He is available to all and there are no conditions except agape love. Love God and each other every day and repent whenever you don't and you are golden! You will not do anything wrong if you do that.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Just wondering if we all agree on what the Gospel is according to the Word of God.

1 Cor. 15:1-4

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Do we agree with Paul on this?
God news that the Kingdom of God is near, within you.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:36 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There are many spiritual people I know who are Buddhists, Hindu, atheists, etc. You don't have to be a Christian to be spiritual.
You can emulate spirituality with all those religions.......but only Jesus is alive today and can save you.....politically incorrect but the truth.....

Old 02-01-2021, 05:35 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You can emulate spirituality with all those religions.......but only Jesus is alive today and can save you.....politically incorrect but the truth.....
Your truth. Not everybody's. Political correctness has nothing to do with it.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:39 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Just to clarify ...what is it, precisely, that Jesus is saving humans from ...is He saving them from the wrath of God? If so, why doesn't God just withdraw His wrath?

Seems to me it would be more workable and a heap more simpler.

* This was a question brought to the table at my last Home Group Meet-up.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Just to clarify ...what is it, precisely, that Jesus is saving humans from ...is He saving them from the wrath of God? If so, why doesn't God just withdraw His wrath?

Seems to me it would be more workable and a heap more simpler.

* This was a question brought to the table at my last Home Group Meet-up.
The ideologies of human justice prevails? An eye, for an eye?

Old 02-03-2021, 07:50 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie24 View Post
just wondering if we all agree on what the gospel is according to the word of god.

1 cor. 15:1-4

"moreover, brethren, i declare unto you the gospel which i preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what i preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For i delivered unto you first of all that which i also received, how that christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

do we agree with paul on this?
^^^^^ :d

He literally quoted Scripture defining the Gospel. Amazing how many people can't simply rejoice at the love of God but have to add their own non-Biblical spin.

God is good. He saves sinners.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:52 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You realize, of course, that this is literally the "Christianity" forum. No one is suggesting your friends aren't spiritual, whatever that means...but are they Christians?

Old 02-03-2021, 08:03 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You realize, of course, that this is literally the "Christianity" forum. No one is suggesting your friends aren't spiritual, whatever that means...but are they Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity