Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
God didn't have a name in Hebrew, which is why they used YHWH, which was not pronounceable.
For the most part that is correct. If one were to attempt to pronounce it, it would be at the sound level of a whisper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Hahaha...you're all wrong. Buzzer.

The Lord's Holy Name is and always was unspeakable, unwriteable .
It was before this silly flesh, vocal chords and pens and paper!
Any sound made is like a mimicking or imitation of Sound, the vibration that is His Holy Name.
Called Sat Nam (or Naam) and Shabd in other religions meaning True Name...again unspeakable.

It is SO SO special and Holy the first thing Jesus says after addressing His Father
and where He dwells is, Hallowed be Thy Name.
You are, sorry, taking It in vain right now...because you don't know what It is within you and everywhere, permeating All That Is.

I say this a lot...no one ever cares, ha, I'm sooo used to it....so keep putting letters together
and saying different syllables...God knows your heart...and that is all that matters, really.

This is good stuff below:
Originally Posted by StanJP
God didn't have a name in Hebrew, which is why they used YHWH, which was not pronounceable.

For the most part that is correct. If one were to attempt to pronounce it,
it would be at the sound level of a whisper. - Pruzhany

Old 10-21-2015, 03:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous
"GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names.

Here are the names

IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.

YASHAYA, which means my savior.

Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?
As long as one does not call him late for dinner, I get the idea the "name" we use is of little consequence.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:35 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I'm sure you have all heard the saying that "the first language of God is silence".

That would be a good way to end this thread. Hehehe.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm sure you have all heard the saying that "the first language of God is silence".

That would be a good way to end this thread. Hehehe.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Old 10-21-2015, 08:01 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Why is it that every made up idol god has a name, but many think the one true creator doesnt have a name and you can see them using it over 7000 in the OT. You can blame the Jews for giving us the word LORD and substituting the true name, whatever it actually was back then.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
My youngest sibling called God, jimmie. Evening prayers were talks with jimmie. jimmie always had a place on the bed to rest at night. The rest of us were not allowed to sit on jimmie.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My youngest sibling called God, jimmie. Evening prayers were talks with jimmie. jimmie always had a place on the bed to rest at night. The rest of us were not allowed to sit on jimmie.
This is how we develop our understanding....Didn't god say I AM WHO I AM...How can a god be limited to just one PROPER and ACCEPTABLE name?

Old 10-21-2015, 10:07 AM

339 posts, read 195,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Viz,
The name "Jesus", did not exist before the 16th century. The English version of his original name is Joshua.

Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous) in the NT is translated as Jesus, always has been.
yehôshûa‛ in the Hebrew is translated Joshua.
Joshua does not transliterate into Greek exactly. There are letters in Hebrew that are simply not there in Greek. The Greek of Luke 3:29, Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8 all have Ἰησοῦ/s for Joshua. Translators render it as Joshua instead of Jesus because that is the name readers will be familiar with. Likewise, the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament often abbreviated LXX) uses Ἰησοῦ/s (Greek grammar rules specify that the final sigma appears depending on the case of the noun).
That "Joshua" transliterates as "Jesu"s is easy to see when you examine the respective alphabets

Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM

339 posts, read 195,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm sure you have all heard the saying that "the first language of God is silence". That would be a good way to end this thread. Hehehe.
The old adage "Silence is Golden", holds true....so shutup and make a fortune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03g8nsaBro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity