Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus is the name that the Bible gives to Jesus. He has no other name in scripture.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedoll View Post
Beware of the modern day Hebrew tongue that gives you names like YHWH or Yahweh or Jehova. These names are from the modern day hebrew tongue. If you go to an institution think to yourself who runs this institution? Are they of the true 12 tribes of Israel which are black people. I am native american and i have hebrew blood running through my veins but i am a cake unturned. I am not a pure blood. Anyways think of who is in our land of Israel today. They are not the true Jews. This is where most of these institutions get their interpretations of the Hebrew Language. This Language a lot of you are learning, which btw I'm glad you have a heart to learn, is YIDDISH. YES MODERN DAY HEBREW TONGUE IS YIDDISH. IT IS NOT ANCIENT HEBREW. Studying Ancient Hebrew the names are AHAYAH and YASHAYA. Many argue about past present and future tense but we can at least agree on those names.

Now to answer your question. I DONT KNOW. Wisdom is not always having the answers its also sometimes just admitting you don't know. This is something I would pray about for The Most High to reveal to you. BUT I do think he knows our hearts. He knows who we mean we are talking to. Those who say His name is not important i pray for you to read your word. He says call upon the NAME of the Lord and you shall be saved. He's iterated the importance of this many times. His name is definitely important. Many don't know these names but will be held accountable if you were given the truth and dismissed it without even considering it or praying about it. We are to SEEK knowledge. If you told your family the truth they will be held accountable. But I still state i do not know if this will lead them to damnation. Many say it will and many say it wont. BUT its not up to people to decide the Most Highs will. ITs His and His only so go to Him and not all these people who have false knowledge (no offense). If you all continue to seek you will find. Its a promise. Bless you all Shalom!
Umm...You're just so wrong on all of this...

Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Oh boy...Have you got a lot to learn...
He's not the one who has a lot to learn (or stop ignoring).

Old 10-20-2015, 08:03 PM

339 posts, read 195,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous
"GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names.
Here are the names
IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.
YASHAYA, which means my savior.
Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?
God didn't have a name in Hebrew, which is why they used YHWH, which was not pronounceable.
"I AM" is a description, not a name, but under the NT, we are to pray in Jesus' name so it is irrelevant.
Also Acts 4:12 make it pretty clear by whose name we are saved.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
"No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."

"The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"The Lord's power shall be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath."

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets."

Father, I have revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours and you gave them to me and they have kept your word.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:30 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus is the name that the Bible gives to Jesus. He has no other name in scripture.
Dear Viz,
The name "Jesus", did not exist before the 16th century. The English version of his original name is Joshua.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
He's not the one who has a lot to learn (or stop ignoring).
Yea...You're another one...

Old 10-20-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Viz,
The name "Jesus", did not exist before the 16th century. The English version of his original name is Joshua.
Don't beat your head against the wall....

Old 10-20-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
God didn't have a name in Hebrew.
Sure He did...

Old 10-20-2015, 09:00 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedoll View Post
Beware of the modern day Hebrew tongue that gives you names like YHWH or Yahweh or Jehova. These names are from the modern day hebrew tongue. If you go to an institution think to yourself who runs this institution? Are they of the true 12 tribes of Israel which are black people. I am native american and i have hebrew blood running through my veins but i am a cake unturned. I am not a pure blood. Anyways think of who is in our land of Israel today. They are not the true Jews. This is where most of these institutions get their interpretations of the Hebrew Language. This Language a lot of you are learning, which btw I'm glad you have a heart to learn, is YIDDISH. YES MODERN DAY HEBREW TONGUE IS YIDDISH. IT IS NOT ANCIENT HEBREW. Studying Ancient Hebrew the names are AHAYAH and YASHAYA. Many argue about past present and future tense but we can at least agree on those names.

Now to answer your question. I DON'T KNOW. Wisdom is not always having the answers its also sometimes just admitting you don't know. This is something I would pray about for The Most High to reveal to you. BUT I do think he knows our hearts. He knows who we mean we are talking to. Those who say His name is not important i pray for you to read your word. He says call upon the NAME of the Lord and you shall be saved. He's iterated the importance of this many times. His name is definitely important. Many don't know these names but will be held accountable if you were given the truth and dismissed it without even considering it or praying about it. We are to SEEK knowledge. If you told your family the truth they will be held accountable. But I still state i do not know if this will lead them to damnation. Many say it will and many say it won't. BUT its not up to people to decide the Most Highs will. ITs His and His only so go to Him and not all these people who have false knowledge (no offense). If you all continue to seek you will find. Its a promise. Bless you all Shalom!
Yiddish is German written with Hebrew letters. Care to try that again. And the 12 Tribes are from the Levant which is not in Africa and thus not Black or even dark skinned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity