Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 04:37 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Reservations strongly recommended. It's often full up. Though.. You can often sneak in without one so long as it's just 1 or 2 people and so long as it's not Friday/Saturday night.

And, they have plenty of 'normal' fare as well if you bring someone with you who isn't quite so adventurous.. That being said, there's been nothing on their menu that I haven't enjoyed. They had Venison chops the last time I was there..

Their motto.. "There's room for all of God's creatures.. Right next to the mashed potatoes".. And that's another recommendation. Get the Garlic Mashed potatoes. You'll probably also see them go by with a slice of their homemade chocolate mousse pie.. A slice of which is about as big as your head.

Kinda pricey, but not bad for what you're getting.
Its great to try out new resturaunts. Their menu looks great. I will definitely take advice on the reservations.
Halls Chop house is pricey here, and I can tolerate that once in a while.
But, I would rather get great service, and food once in a while. Nothing wrong with treating oneself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 06:04 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,683,726 times
If you’re going deep in the mountains, Gamekeeper between Boone and Blowing Rock is a must try. They have it all.

https://gamekeeper-nc.com/

Old 01-24-2023, 02:21 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Its great to try out new resturaunts. Their menu looks great. I will definitely take advice on the reservations.
Halls Chop house is pricey here, and I can tolerate that once in a while.
But, I would rather get great service, and food once in a while. Nothing wrong with treating oneself.

The service is.. Out of this world every time that i've been there. I mean, above and beyond. Their staff rarely has any turnover. Many of their staff have been with them for years and in some cases, decades..

There's a story behind the ownership. Edmund Woo is the guy who owns it and his parents were.. Don't quote me on this, but apparently they opened the first Chinese restaurant in Greenville Something like that. I may be off on the details.. But Edmund and Renee are great people and run a great restaurant. You want the details, ask if he's there when you go. He often will walk around the dining room checking up on people.

There's a similar type restaurant around Birmingham as well.. So far as the food. Bama Bucks. I'm told.. I have not been myself, that it doesn't hold a candle to Saskatoon.

https://www.bama-bucks.com/

Old 01-24-2023, 07:00 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
I wish Charleston had known good restaurants.. It seems their culinary is okay. Nothing to rave about. Dont get me wrong, you can eat well downtown..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area