Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 08:58 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,194,964 times

Advertisements

David Bowie and Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2024, 01:48 PM

23,491 posts, read 19,184,248 times
Alan Rickman, Robert Osborne, Alex Trebek.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-09-2024 at 01:58 PM..

Old 05-09-2024, 01:56 PM

236 posts, read 126,869 times
Tom Petty

Old 05-09-2024, 06:44 PM

6,353 posts, read 4,967,483 times
John F Kennedy Jr
Robert Kennedy
Martin Luther King Jr
The crew of the Challenger space shuttle
The crew of the Columbia space shuttle

Old 05-09-2024, 08:03 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,808,232 times
Not extremely sad but giving me pause.

Bowie, Joe Strummer, George Michael, Prince, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Farrah Fawcett, Bob and Luis (Sesame Street).

Cultural icons that I grew up with forces me to acknowledge the passage of time. And how fragile life is.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

8,375 posts, read 13,525,625 times
It'll make me sad to hear the passing of any celebrity I know of or grew up with, especially those who died tragically or too young. The following bummed me out more than usual:

James Brian Hellwig (The Ultimate Warrior)
Robin Williams
Bruce & Brandon Lee
Gary Moore
Randy Rhoads
Patrice O'Neal
Paul Walker

I hated seeing Christopher Reeves after his crippling accident. Seeing Superman like that made me really sad.
Some might hate me for saying this but his passing was actually a relief.

Old Today, 02:40 PM

17,702 posts, read 15,427,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
It'll make me sad to hear the passing of any celebrity I know of or grew up with, especially those who died tragically or too young. The following bummed me out more than usual:

James Brian Hellwig (The Ultimate Warrior)
Robin Williams
Bruce & Brandon Lee
Gary Moore
Randy Rhoads
Patrice O'Neal
Paul Walker

I hated seeing Christopher Reeves after his crippling accident. Seeing Superman like that made me really sad.
Some might hate me for saying this but his passing was actually a relief.

That guy.. While I'll give you that his death was quite surprising so far as the timing.. Wasn't really that much of a shock when you take his past steroid usage into account.

But, outside of that.. The guy was a pretty bad human being. He's gotten his history airbrushed up quite a bit since his return to the folk in WWE and subsequent death.

Read up on some of the things he's said in the past.

Old Today, 04:29 PM

8,375 posts, read 13,525,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That guy.. While I'll give you that his death was quite surprising so far as the timing.. Wasn't really that much of a shock when you take his past steroid usage into account.

But, outside of that.. The guy was a pretty bad human being. He's gotten his history airbrushed up quite a bit since his return to the folk in WWE and subsequent death.

Read up on some of the things he's said in the past.
No idea what those bad things he supposedly had done or said nor do I really care.
It was all silly fun for me and my friends during the few years we followed him in Wrestling.

We all were impersonating one of the wrestlers as we did fake wrestling amongst ourselves.
I was called The Ultimate Warrior and it stuck with me. I had the same height though not the same build but I was scary hyper and strong which might have been why my friends picked that name.
His name and occasionally watching his fights were some of the few things I still fondly remember of my high school years.
My dad was an amateur boxer and bodybuilder himself in his younger years so he helped me build a barbell using a metal bar I found and two 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete.
I think I was like 17 and the barbell was around 36 Kg. (a tad under 80 lbs). I could dead lift it with one hand. I was strong enough but had hardly any muscle.
To me, he was a good, fun influence as I started training mainly because of him.
I found out he was doing steroids years later. At the time, we were clueless to even know what steroids were.
I guess, it is not much different than listening to a Rock musician that does all kinds of drugs. I enjoy their music and that is all I care about.

I didn't really keep up after graduating and coming to America. One of the 3 friends I used to wrestle with actually sent me an email to notify me of his passing.
Then I saw the related thread here on CD.
Surprisingly, the news affected me way more than I'd have thought considering the time that had passed and his TUW character being a vague, fun influence for a year or two.

That said, I couldn't really find anything so terrible that he said or done but even if I found such claims to be true, it'd not really make much of a difference at this point.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; Today at 04:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities