Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 09:58 AM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Ok, I'll open this can of worms. I don't think he did it. Even today. No proof whatsoever except for past domestic issues with Nicole. Nobody placed hm there. After the butchering both Ron and Nicole took when they passed, OJ only had a small cut on one finger. Again no proof, Just emotional, knee jerk reaction from arm chair lawyers.
Ah...aren't you being an armchair lawyer, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 10:08 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
People often confuse "not guilty" with innocent.

They are not the same.

A verdict of "not guilty" does not mean the defendant is innocent of the crime.

Old 04-12-2024, 11:10 AM

693 posts, read 284,446 times
Quote:
Ok, I'll open this can of worms. I don't think he did it. Even today. No proof whatsoever except for past domestic issues with Nicole. Nobody placed hm there. After the butchering both Ron and Nicole took when they passed, OJ only had a small cut on one finger. Again no proof, Just emotional, knee jerk reaction from arm chair lawyers.
I don't think CityData forum has enough bandwidth to list all the evidence/proof against OJ.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:00 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
During the trial, I was stationed at Andrews AFB in Maryland. Verdict day I was in Anacostia at Bolling AFB. I had to do a lot of paperwork in an office that employed a lot of SE DC civilians in its' work force. About a half hour before the reading of the verdict, 1 of the employees plugged in a small, portable TV set.

From the new bits & pieces I saw on the news, it sure looked like OJ had motive and the appearance of guilt hung around him.

Everyone was going about their business until everything stopped. You could hear a pin drop as the verdict was being read. Customers like me were on 1 side of the counter. The office employees were on the other side.

When the verdict was revealed, the office side of the room exploded in celebration. The folks on my side of the counter just looked at each other in silence. It was hard to process at the time the revelry that this single event brought to some people.

That sure was 1 of those teaching moments for me in my lifetime about race relations in America. It was surreal how 2 diverse groups interpreted the same information based on a single personal characteristic trait.
When the murders happened....a family member was dying during that period.

I was one of the people rotating caring for that person in the final few months (when I could).

During the Bronco 'chase' = during my time/my 'in rotation' re that.

A good friend of mine had been mostly out of the country traveling for a couple of years. I hadn't gotten a postcard from him for a few months. Previously unbeknownst to me, he had come back to the U.S. for a few weeks to visit his mother and sister in a new state.

He called me on the phone from his mother and sister's new residence while I was caring for my relative. When he called, I had the TV on in the background and the Bronco 'chase' was on the screen in real time. This was interesting because the friend who called me had been friends with Nicole in high school (my friend had been an athlete/BMOC at Dana Hills High School), and the TV wasn't on at his mother's house/he didn't know what had just been happening.

The day of the verdict, I was visiting a different friend at the offices of his company that he owned. He had a big TV in his office, and the coverage was on in the background. He had a big office, but it was nowhere near big enough to hold all of the people in the company so, as the verdict was about to be read, he had his employees all stop working and all of them (plus the two of us) went into the large conference facility which was also wired for TV, and we listened to the verdict. We were dumbfounded. We all (seemingly at least) thought he was guilty and would be found guilty.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:30 PM

4,846 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Quote:
you must be forgetting about the slow roll Bronco chase..lol..why else would he run?..

Old 04-12-2024, 01:51 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
you must be forgetting about the slow roll Bronco chase..lol..why else would he run?..
And the suicide letter that Shapiro read live to the press. OJ had a gun and was going to kill himself in the Bronco and Cowlings talked him out of blowing his brains out.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:39 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't watch the trial. I watched it from beginning to end, and I am convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that OJ murdered both Ron and Nicole.

Furthermore, the trial should not have changed venues. OJ's peers were his fellow rich (and mostly white) celebrity neighbors, not the overwhelmingly much-less-wealthy African-American (8 of 9 jurors) jury panel that got selected to decide his fate. OJ was their hero.

It was pretty obvious with that jury panel and the shenanigans that went on during the trial that justice would not be served. It was a freak show of celebrity adoration.

Just like the verdict was, as shown in the following picture.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/JQ...2e99fa7615f12a

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 04-12-2024 at 07:06 PM..

Old 04-12-2024, 09:22 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
I was saddened to see that today. Was he what they said he was? We'll never know. I miss his Hertz commercials.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:29 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Blood matching O.J.s was found at Bundy. 0.5% of the population would match it.

Blood on a glove found on Simpson's property matched Simpson, Brown and Goldman.

Old 04-12-2024, 11:11 PM

1,936 posts, read 700,911 times
What was equally appalling was OJ's tamed reaction when the "not guilty" verdict was read. You could pretty much read his mind, "Wow, I got away with it." I'd think a truly innocent man would collapse with relief, cry, or shriek thinking that this nightmare is finally over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities