Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 11:38 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well he got to live and enjoy a good portion of his life after the savage death of those two young people, he dies at an older age of a disease that many people die from, probably had good meds and pain control right up until the end.
And he had free room and board during those nine years he spent in prison for a different crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 11:39 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Several years ago, I read the book "Outrage: The Five Reasons OJ Simpson Got Away with Murder" written by the late Vincent Bugliosi (Bugliosi was the DA who successfully prosecuted Charles Manson) and I tell you this: Any doubt that I had of OJ's guilt, was dashed when I was only halfway through reading!

Old 04-11-2024, 01:03 PM

16,302 posts, read 8,126,207 times
He had a long life

Old 04-11-2024, 01:30 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
The man who proved that justice in the US is neither white nor black.

It's GREEN.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:22 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The man who proved that justice in the US is neither white nor black.

It's GREEN.

I've said for many years that like it or not that Jjustice is often Just-as-big as your wallet.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:56 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I may be wrong, but to me O.J. was another spoiled celebrity who thought he could do anything he wanted. We see that so much in the celebrity -- and especially sports -- world.

OJ had astounding PR.

For those of us alive and old enough prior to the trial.. OJ was known as an excellent person. His rep took a few hits (no pun intended) when the charges of smacking Nicole around came out.. But, he was in movies (Towering Inferno, Naked Gun series) he was doing all those Hertz commercials, usually with his mom. Former NFL Running back.. Out of USC.. He was.. the all american boy there for quite some time.

There were really no knocks on the guy prior to that. There were a few rumblings.. But, you talk a fall from grace.. Whew.

And, at the time of the trial, it was VERY polarizing. It wasn't too long after the LA Riots.. If you look at polls from then and now.. Basically, black folks felt that him getting acquitted was the best form of justice that they could get.. Looking back.. I think that seems a bit silly, certainly to me, and I would assume to them as well.. Because, current polls.. It's pretty close to a dead heat between blacks and whites as to whether they think he was guilty. With very high numbers on both sides saying "yes, he was". That being said.. I do understand why they felt that way.

I remember when the story broke.. OJ was in Chicago, I think.. I didn't really think he did it. Thought it was most likely a random crime and his ex wife just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. That lasted.. about 2 or 3 days, as I recall. Things started getting a little more murky after that.. And.. once the Bronco chase happened.. That pushed me to the idea that he was probably guilty.. Once all the evidence came out at trial.. I had no doubt.

I was not shocked at the acquittal, however. The jury.. Much as I hate to say it.. got it right. Exactly why.. I think we could debate.. I've kinda settled on the idea that the prosecution allowed the defense to muddy the waters. They certainly weren't helped by the Furhman tapes. The Darrell Gates stuff that had happened before.. And the general poor perception (Well deserved, I might add) of the LAPD.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:45 PM

OJ got away with A LOT...even before this murder happened and after it.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:53 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
28.5 years from when he was aquitted on October 3rd 1995 .....
but almost 30 years since they were murdered on June 12th 1994.

Remember watching that low speed Bronco chase live on TV ....just like it was yesterday....

I couldn't believe he got aquitted...."if it doesn't fit, you must aquit" ....
where I worked back in October 1995, some co-workers actually cheered the decision
Yup. Same in my office. A few truly believed he didn't do it.

Old 04-11-2024, 04:29 PM

He was an extremely good looking, successful black man in the NFL. People didn't want to believe he did it... the LAPD were afraid of him. I still think today that professional athletes get excused for a lot.

Old 04-11-2024, 04:37 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Hopefully they managed to find some before now. 28.5 years is a long time
Same amount of time he managed to avoid paying them the civil court award. I hope they can get it out of the estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities