Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 12:11 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I noticed there was no comment from his castmates, and I knew right then they were waiting for their various PR people to get to work (on Monday) to craft an appropriate communal message they could all use on their social media. The 'story' is they're too upset to say anything.... uh huh.

The reality is most of the cast, perhaps all 5 of the others, had distanced themselves from Perry in more recent years, as his addiction deepened.
Not sure about that.

"In 2021, Perry made what would be his final television appearance in the much anticipated “Friends: The Reunion.” While all of the cast members were, obviously, older, Perry seemed subdued and somehow fragile. The big TV star was barely there. While every star of “Friends” has been battered to some extent by demands of fame, Perry had barely survived it.

In the course of conversation at the reunion, he admitted to the constant anxiety he felt while performing on the show, the obsessive need for every joke he told to land, the self-loathing and fear he felt when one did not. His former cast mates — who, by all accounts, were remarkably supportive and tight-lipped during the years when his addictions became obvious — seemed taken aback. Just as they were noticeably moved when he described how, in subsequent years, whenever they would meet each other by chance at a gathering, time would stop as they sat together to catch up."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...h-appreciation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 12:19 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I have a close close family member the same age as him, and I feel very bad for him, and his parents for their loss. Early 50's is too young to go these days. Like David Cassidy, addiction took over, never let go, and took him away. His health, his looks, his ability to perform, and ultimately his life. Everything.

But I never found Friends a bit funny. Cute theme song and all, sure. But I put it right there with the Big Bang Theory on highly hyped shows that never did deserve it. Just my take of course.
I think it had to do with age and lifestyle. The show was on in the Nineties, and I was a working mom with a young child and couldn't relate at all to the premise even if I'd had time to sit and watch TV. I later watched some episodes on reruns, and there were some very funny moments. Some good writing brought to life by good acting and interplay between the characters that had been developed.

But a close friend, five years younger than me, watched every episode when it was on in prime time and thought it was GREAT. She was part of a group of four friends, two guys, two girls, who had grown up together and had a similar relationship to the characters, and they were living the single life, working in NYC and navigating the dating world and could relate to the show and the situations.

Old 10-30-2023, 01:39 PM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Saw this on FB: ("When I die" (my title) by Matthew Langford Perry)
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10...8595793879.jpg

His last IG post was pretty morbid, "Oh, so warm water swirling around makes you feel good? I'm Mattman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyuv2zDrL0r/

In fact, the last few posts were rather strange.

Old 10-30-2023, 02:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
I heard no drugs were found at the scene (he had issues in the past) ... wonder if it was a heart attack?

R.I.P.
Anyone who did as many and much drugs as he did in past, I am sure had heart problems
The hot tub may have been too hot and he passed out from dehydration
Read he has been playing pickleball (a passion of his) before he went home

Old 10-30-2023, 02:53 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
I hate to say this but I'm not surprised. Based on the pictures I saw of him last week, he looked very unhealthy. Clearly very overweight. He didn't take care of himself and that's a shame

Old 10-30-2023, 03:42 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Whitney Huston drowned in a bathtub, but wasn't really the water that killed her.
It's truly a shame that Perry is gone, he was beloved; I expect there's more to his death than drowning.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-30-2023, 04:27 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Whitney Huston drowned in a bathtub, but wasn't really the water that killed her.
It's truly a shame that Perry is gone, he was beloved; I expect there's more to his death than drowning.
Whitney Houston died in a bathtub in 2012 and only a few years later her 22 year old daughter, Bobbi Kristina, was pulled unconscious from a bathtub in 2015 and died 6 months later.

As far as Matt goes, I've heard that he had seemed more fatigued in the week or so leading up to his death.

Old 10-30-2023, 05:27 PM

5,017 posts, read 7,220,428 times
That's too bad-he meant a lot to millions of people. I felt the same way when Gordon Lightfoot and Lance Reddick died. I can't really explain it, but sometimes just the presence of a celebrity has a way of providing comfort and stability and when they're gone it can be an adjustment.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:10 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
...Ray Walston said how it really irked him when he was on vacation overseas and some guy yelled out ot the crowd, "Hey, Uncle Martin!" for that was not who he was...
I wouldn't do this but if I were to yell out to Mr. Walston, I'd say "Hey, Mr. Hand!"

RIP Mr. Perry. May you be in a better place.

Old 10-30-2023, 10:03 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,676,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
And this from someone who lives a fantasy life, day in and day out. How ironic.
In most of the world, people who can eat to their hearts content live "a fantasy life." Yet those same people complain about the ill effects of doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities